/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

stupid questions thread - your personal tech support team

redirect retards who make their own threads here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nzq5OnJWqUk
mixtape.moe/
reddit.com/r/videos/comments/5oflqo/young_thug_doesnt_show_up_to_a_video_shoot_the/dcj3tld/
ghostbin.com/paste/6tnka
pcpartpicker.com/guide/T3Xscf/entry-level-amd-gaming-build
f-droid.org/en/
komplett.se/product/744051/datorutrustning/bildskarm/bildskarmar/dell-24-led-ultrasharp-u2412m#
smallbusiness.chron.com/safe-temperature-store-hard-drive-66205.html
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any ID on this laptop?

What's the best program with a GUI (or very easy CLI) to batch change a video's bitrate?
ffmpeg can probably do this but am too brainlet to use it

I just rooted my phone.
Is there a "must" application? So far I've only used sdmaid to delete some bloat crap.

Do Epson scanners come with OCR or is this something that is done by third party software?

handbrake.

My cursor goes invisible whenever i go fullscreen
i just "upgraded" to windows 10 form 7 and it's still happening
No it's not cursor trails

tried that, works for individual files but i can't find the option to do a bunch at once without having to configure each and every one of the files (~100 files)

I swear there's a batch option. youtube.com/watch?v=nzq5OnJWqUk

it's been a couple of months since I've played my xbox (original one from '01) & wanted to play some games. It turns on just fine, but the instant I tried turning it off I noticed that the power button wasn't working

I eventually had to unplug it & I tried turning it back on, but I realized that for some reason the power button doesn't work but the eject button can turn it on

I opened it up & it looks like the wires were still attached, so the best I can figure is that there's probably something wrong with the cable, but does anyone have a good guide on how to do it? also, any advice for when one corner of it doesn't fully go down?

Looks like an Acer TravelMate 5320

how do you stop this shit from showing on youtube videos? closing annotations doesn't help..

thank you senpai

sorry in advance because i'm a brainlet who knows comparatively very little about programming or computers

I'm trying to install Tensorflow on my windows 7 laptop. i followed the instructions on their site and used pip3 and installed it. however, when i try to import it into python, i'm getting this error. what do i do?

Free file hoster with direct link support?
1 MB would be enough

why are you trying to install tensorflow? it is a pretty difficult thing to work with for a new programmer. reset your computer and try again.

mixtape.moe/

In C, should I free primitives, or is free only used with malloc'd values.
Example:
int* poi = malloc(sizeof(int));
free(poi);
Is alright, but what about
int poi[3] = {1, 2, 3};
free(poi);
Or
int i = 1;
free(&i);

yeah, you're perfectly right, and that's what everyone says.
but the reason i'm a techlet is that i want to learn programming but keep putting it off and not doing anything. i took a couple of sems of cs in my first year of uni, but never progressed beyond because i was never able to start putting my mind into it and doing something productive.
then i found an optional peer-to-peer course on Deep Learning with Tensorflow where the SME said there was no prerequisites except the math and cs we learnt in class in first year, and i had heard of the amazing things people were doing with it, so i thought this was finally a chance for me to ascend from brainletcy and applied.
was i wrong in doing so? should i start with simpler stuff? do i have no hope of learning this?

Thanks!

you have to read about stack and heap allocation
very short summary: free is only for malloc'd data

Using w7 64, does it matter if you install games in program files folder 64 or 86? Can I install all games in c:/games for example for cleaner organization or do they always need to be in a program files folder?

>Can I install all games in c:/games for example for cleaner organization
Yes
>do they always need to be in a program files folder?
They absolutely needn't be

Thanks.

get rid of the .python in your import brainlet. Good luck. Deep learning was one of the hardest courses I took towards my degree. It was offered as a concurrent graduate/senior course

sorry if I'm being too much of an idiot, but how do i do that?

literally delete the “.python”

b-but i typed "import tensorflow as tf"
not tensorflow.python

How to install KDE on Windows?

Ah you’re right sorry just woke up.

Uninstall and install python 3.6.x and include PIP, update pip using the command in the command prompt from your original post, and then install Keras using anaconda instead of tensorflow. I like it better desu

If I reinstall the latest windows 10 over an old installation with the same build how much will I lose settings wise? All registry and group policy settings or do things like that remain relatively untouched?

I have the remains of a Galaxy Note 8.0 over here. I know for a fact that everything except the screen works and I can just replace it. Would it be worth spending 50 bucks on that screen replacement though or just throw it away? I don't know of any other cheap tablets like this one with a digitizer. I have access to another tablet with a digitizer but it's a clover trail and really, really slow, almost unusable in my opinion.

I have a 1080p screen at 15". I want firefox to render websites without any scalling, but I want the UI to be scaled up. How do I scale the UI without scaling the content as well?

Thanks man. apparently WinPython comes with it pre-installed. should i install that instead of python 3.6x ?

it will be hard, that's all

I finally got around to using KeePassX. Surpringly it doesn't even install- it's only in its own folder.

I fed it all my info and locked it behind a master key. I also checked the "key file" checkbox, which I think is now mandatory to open my created database. My only question is, is the key file option worth it? My longest password is 64 characters, and KeePassX supports longer than that, so I can lengthen it if need be. I've spent months memorizing all my passwords so far. I don't really feel safer lugging around a key file when I can already pull a 64-character pass out my ass at a moment's notice. Will someone validate me please? Or otherwise?

I was inspired to go for KeePassX due to this post a month ago, however all the setup is is putting your KeePassX database on google drive (the cloud) with no mention of a key file.

what do you recommend i start with learning then?

pls respond

I don't know if this really helps, but I remember seeing a reddit comment thread (pls no bully) about this ages ago, so it got a lot of attention and the most community-approved replies were upvoted most etc.

reddit.com/r/videos/comments/5oflqo/young_thug_doesnt_show_up_to_a_video_shoot_the/dcj3tld/

Dude complained about pic related, got top coment on a post on the front page. This pic has 70k views right now. The top comment seems to be inspect element > delete, or hiding it with an ad blocker.

Filter
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element
www.youtube.com##.ytp-cards-teaser
maybe smth else too
tbqh just right-clicking and choosing 'block element' by ublock origin on the card should deal with it fine, unless there is some dumb overlay or w/e

Don't install games to Program Files folder. It's due to administration issues.

Do create a Games folder and install there. It's better.

Not him but while granted an arbitrary folder won't cause trouble, program files is where I install everything, too. Is there no way to avoid administration issues? I feel safer using program files for this purpose desu.

I'm trying to create an AHK script to auto tap the "P" key randomly every .25-0.5 seconds with random variance to avoid detection. Is there an "input monitor" that will show me the keys I'm hitting and the ms between them? The only thing I have to go on is the Window Spy output:
ghostbin.com/paste/6tnka

[Code]
#IfWinActive, Game
*~1::
; ~makes it execute the "1 key" like normal then the script kicks in
; * means it will also work while holding other keys like shift
sleep, %ranSleep%
loop{
Random ranSleep, 250, 500
Random ranSleep2, 250, 500
Random ranSleep3, 250, 500
Random ranSleep4, 250, 500
Random ranClick, 500, 600
;check 3x every Xms if the button got released
sleep, %ranSleep2%
GetKeyState, keystate, 1,P
if keystate = U
break
sleep, %ranSleep3%
if keystate = U
break
sleep, %ranSleep4%
if keystate = U
break
else
; do the click then loop
Sleep, %ranClick%
send 1
}
return
[/Code]

>So far I've only used sdmaid to delete some bloat crap.
Isn't that all you need?

f.lux
minminguard
adaway from f-droid

Adaway and AFWall.

thanks senpaitachi. i appreciate it.

What's generally the best/easiest virtual machine software to use?
I just want to use Linux for certain things but don't want to dual boot it on my main machine.

VirtualBox is often recommended for beginners.

VMWare

Virtualbox is often recommended if you don't care whether your GPU driver works.

i fucked up something with my torrents, now i have a bunch of videos, some are completed are some are not.
How can i tell if a video is complete or not?

re-add the torrent and force recheck in the torrent client

the files are several years old, i found them today. i don't have the .torrent files
there's only about 10 so i can run a program/command one by one, but i don't want to play the whole video just to check it

oh, nevermind. i still have the .torrent files in my client directory.

Why do songs downloaded from Google Play Music have such huge file sizes?

Depending on your version of windows, hyper-v

Why the fuck wont Chrome auto log me in. It'll save the passwords for twitter and twitch but wont automatically log me in. I've tried with and without ublock origin installed and tried fucking with chrome's settings but the fucker just wont do it

With all this Sup Forums malware shit going around, I've installed uMatrix on my phone on Firefox.
After playing with it, I've managed to unbreak the pages, and got the settings tab to work, so I can keep the dark theme.
My question though is will it be enough to protect me? Again I'm a shitty phoneposter because my pc is at home in bits and ublock origin only hides the ads I think.
If you can give pointers on using uMatrix that would be great, but I can figure it out myself if need be.
Another question is what is it going around, malware or ads redirecting to malware or something?

can someone explain the Acceptance Problem to me in really basic terms? I'm a fucking moron

What is that font designed for programming that is completely customizable on their website before you download it?

This is the Album List plugin in foobar2000. I've sorted my library by folder structure with it.
How do I make it so files don't show up in it? Just the folders.

Why aren't you using Clover like a regular person? Seriously, you people fucking baffle me

I was updating my phone last night (Nokia 6) and my power flickered and the phone died during update. This morning, it wont boot. Dio i have any recourse without factory resetting it? i have /some/ backed up on it but dont want to lose some things.

Is this a good PC build if I only play WoW? How long can I expect to get out of it? pcpartpicker.com/guide/T3Xscf/entry-level-amd-gaming-build

The only thing I would change is the case,I think. Would also add an SSD.

Never built a PC before

I never thought I needes to use it, since it's pretty simple for me to just use the browser.
I never had any problems until this malware got brought up, but even if I used clover, wouldn't that still be an issue?

>wouldn't that still be an issue?
No, holy shit
Here's a two step program for you:
1. Download F-Droid. It's like the Google Play store but all the apps on it are FOSS
f-droid.org/en/
2. Download Clover from F-Droid

>change thermal paste
>readjust fans
>blow out dust from the heatsink
and yet my cpu is doing 85c at 90%~ usage. what else could it be??

Just got z3c. What rom should i flash on it? Currently its on stock 6.0.1

How hard would it be to learn webdev if I have experience programming already? Nothing substantial, I only do it as a hobby and mostly just open textbooks and solve random programming problems for fun. Stuff like Conways game of life and other random shit. I have 0 interest in webdev and JavaScript looks hideous, but I'm in school and working full time and my job takes too much time for not enough money.

Is it plausible to learn webdev quickly and freelance? I'd quit my job so I have time to study, but I need to know if it's a realisric goal or not.

No. Now fuck off back /r/buildmeagaymenpc

>Is it plausible to learn webdev quickly and freelance?
If you were far enough to the right side of the curve to be able to learn quickly and freelance you wouldn't be sitting here asking that stupid question, so no - it will take you quite a while until you start making money

How can I copy files to my phone with robocopy?

I tried and it doesn't say there is any error but the files simply haven't been copied. Is there a particular command I have to use? Or does it just not work with a phone?

Fair enough. In my defense I'm pretty fucking autistic. Once I get into something I tend to focus and sink endless hours into it. Programming in general I just enjoy, solving problems and getting stuff to work, it's fun to me. How much of a benefit would my experience with C/Java/Python be?

Okay sorted it, I'm posting from it now.
So if I'm not being more of a retard than I am already, this app only pulls the threads from Sup Forums, but doesn't allow anything else like ads etc?
I hate asking around here for help when It's something like this, but I wanted to go to the best place on here to find out more.

best defrag software for a hard drive? heard defraggler was actually worse than what windows offers.

What is the bitrate?

does baking gpu actually work or a meme?

Just booted booted up new system with my old ssd that has a faulty version of win7 on it. (As in update function doesn't work, a lot of faulty files).

Want to do a clean install of win10. Do I need a new ssd or will my old one do and I can just overwrite win10 on it?

Also have an old hdd with some stuff on there that I plan on formatting, in case that changes anything.

I have a coworker who claimed to do it, and got 6 months more out of the GPU.
I'd never do it, though.

>ssd
The old one will work as long as you format it and convert it to gtp.

Guys i have a windows 10 pro usb recovery for a thinkpad p50, from lenovo, now i was wondering, since i bought a new nvme and want to install the os in there should i use it or would it be better to download a clean iso?. Thanks!.

>my experience with C/Java/Python be
From your previous post it doesn't seem like your experience is all that relevant and will help you *a lot*, but it's definitely enough to benefit in taking care of the hurdles that a total beginner would face - getting over the basic concepts.
If it were me I wouldn't go all in like that unless I had like 8-9 months worth of savings to live on, and you have to be sure you can keep powering through really boring material. Take that estimate as you will, YMMV and I'm sure some autist will probably barge in and say that it's easy af to go 0-to-paying job in webdev in 30 days or a week or w/e, for me it took about a year of dedicated studying in free time from college and a shitty asking hourly-rate to begin until I got the first freelance client in free - an enterprise-ish C# job and I was dedicated pretty autistically too at the time.

>the first freelance client in free
^w^w
to correct

How do I install and run i3-gaps in Arch?

use aur

A clean is is a better choice, as you can avoid any Lenovo bloat.

Kill yourself you Linux touting fuck

what would be the best way of dynamically accessing a bands complete discography of lyrics?

webscraping a lyrics site?

I am creating a compiler for a graduate level class. Should I target JVM, ARM, or x86? JVM would be the easiest, but making it for the other two would be neat.

komplett.se/product/744051/datorutrustning/bildskarm/bildskarmar/dell-24-led-ultrasharp-u2412m#

Is the Dell Ultrasharp (the linked monitor) a quality ips-panel monitor? Or should i go for a different one? My budget is somewhere around there.

Can cold damage an hdd? Mine I ordered from Amazon arrived yesterday but the mail lads hid it behind my shovel so it got left outside in -20c weather for nearly 24hrs.

I can't connect to non-https pages. Putting "boards.Sup Forums.org/g/catalog" gives me a "connection has timed out" error, but "

smallbusiness.chron.com/safe-temperature-store-hard-drive-66205.html

You'll probably be fine. You might want to send a complain to the local post office though.

What browser?

On the netbook it's Chrome, on my laptop Firefox, and my cellphone naked browser. Same problem on all of them (using wifi on my cellphone to browse the internet).

That's very odd. Try with Brave and/or the TOR-browser, if it doesn't work with them it's 100% your internet setup.

I'd return it. Open a chat w/ amazon

>fails every time
>no helpful error messages
what the fuck
also everything I lookup hasn't worked
What do?

install gentoo