Should I start learning javascript to get jobs on upwork? I'm poor and of middling intelligence...

Should I start learning javascript to get jobs on upwork? I'm poor and of middling intelligence. I have to learn some programming language so I can earn some money. Or something else? I don't have a better question and I'm in dire straits here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> Javascript

Please don't.

Well it seems sought out for. I got that Structure of computer programs book but they talk about Lisp which no one uses. What then? Java? I just need a foothold, I have no idea what to grab towards.

PHP and Vue.js or React.js

And Jquery

Learn wordpress also.

Learn javascript is not the easy step.
In my case the first programming language i learn was C => C++ => C# => PHP =>Javascript

Learn C

what do you do with C?

or you could just get a job.

getting a retail job is worse than having no job

>retail is the only job
Enjoy being part of the lower classes for the rest of your life

hence this thread, sperg.

>avg intelligence...
Don't get into programming. It requires a high level of upfront investment, an inordinate amount of creativity, shit clients who ask for the impossible because of something totally unrelated, and regular use to keep your skills sharp...
Still should get into computers though!!! Get into hardware. Server administration / networking / IT / etc... Take a few classes and get a few certs and you're off. It'll probably be a shit job, but it'll be much much better than Walmart. And it will pay for more classes and certs. So it's got all the upward mobility you are motivated to achieve... And you can stop just about anywhere on the ladder and still support a family.

Best of luck user.

>and a wicked sense of humor

True when I was graduating,
I work with some people o never study or learn something in their shit life they look so dumb and boring god.

He is trolling , learn JAvaSCript and some framework like vue or react* ,PHP Wordpress

We took the same path user.

I worked in IT (lower levels, software support etc) and while the pay is thrice than that in retail the amount of mind numbing conversations vapid millenials sprawled across 'comfy' chairs spew is unbearable

In fact I'm certain that IT attracts the biggest amount of mediocrity in terms of personalities

retail is cake. i worked at walmart for 3 years. easiest job ever. pays above minimum wage. 3rd shift was the shit. i worked in electronics department playing videos games all night. sure every once in a while you have to throw a few boxes on the shelves but it's not hard.

I've worked at walmart for the past 13 years. I wish I were assigned electronics. Oh well. Don't utilize someones background into helping customers or not get flummoxed at products.

>I worked night shift for slightly above minimum wage for 3 years

we?

I receive less now because, I am junior backend dev, but at least I like what am doing

i cleared like $300 a week and that was back in 07. i think they pay like $11 an hour now.

You are correct.

Do this. Systems is a good gig. Pay is low by some standards but you don't need half the education and training of a software developer or engineer.

Your probably bringing in about $400 a week now right?

I'd love to see the kind of jobs you could take on Upwork that *only* require JavaScript.

I bring in a bit more, maybe $420. I started at $9.80/hr or something like that back in 2004. I don't even make $15/hr.

are you saying upwork is shit?

$420 is good bro. I recently just quit doing a construction job that paid only $10 an hour and i had to work outside in the heat all summer. Trust me stay the fuck at walmart.

youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

I'm saying the concept of working *solely* in JS without any supplementary language sounds far fetched

Not really.

Maybe the backend is already done?

Maybe the backend is node.js

Maybe no backend is required?