Do you guys think Nvidia and AMD will have the guts to fuck up cryptomining algorithms on their next line-up of cards?

Do you guys think Nvidia and AMD will have the guts to fuck up cryptomining algorithms on their next line-up of cards?

Why? they are selling so much stock they might as well just keep printing money.

mining on gaming gpu will be a thing of the past. i'm betting on they seperate the markets in the future so all you faggot miners don't stand a chance with gaming cards

amd is finally in the black, why would they shoot themselves in the foot like that?

Might as well go and make Mining cards, without all that gaming optimization hacks and with only one video output.

And a few ones that fuck up mining so they can say they still think about the gamers.

But i think the best alternative would be doxxing miners and sending an horde of niggers to steal their cards and resell it.

Also the electricity stealers should get fucked up too, literally go to jail.

>But i think the best alternative would be doxxing miners and sending an horde of niggers to steal their cards and resell it.
the absolute state of salty nocoiners

there are actually mining cards without any video outputs

Be wary, Jamal is coming

Nobody buys those cause no resell value

they are quite cheaper than normal cards though

That would hurt productivity and miners would just develop a new algorythm.

They need to permit compute execution by whitelist not whitelisted - doesn't work, for a first year since relese, then turn it off after cards are sold

no they'll probably market a new model of card for miners which will ease the price inflation but isn't going to lower the price at what they were before.

You just have to wait for them in electricity bills until states forbid crypto.

AMD would loose 90% of their buyers because gamers would still rather buy Nvidia, even if AMD cards were in stock at MSRP right now
They are more likely to gimp gaming in favor of mining

They won't need to. We will probably see used GPU flood in 2 weeks.

BTC is under 9k now, mining is no longer returning figures that make sense even with MSRP prices. The last nail in the coffin will be SEC/CFTC hearing on the House next week regarding Crypto.

You don't understand how this works. As soon as they do that the mining community will find or create new algorithms which those cards are particularly good for.

>Nobody buys those cause no resell value
Bullshit. We buy whatever the fuck we can get our hands on. The supply is nearly nonexistent right now so I buy cards whenever I can get them at a reasonable price

They would be cheaper if manufacturers sold them directly to US customers. Instead they are sold overseas which means US customers have to pay exorbitant shipping/handling fees to obtain them.

ITS GOONNA MOON AGAIN THO BUDDY
you're a fucking nocoiner scum who can't even bitcoin
I'm holding bro and fucks like you aint shit.
I've got 200K ALL IN and i'm staying ALL IN
Buying GPUs off ebay overpriced but I'm gonna make MORE money when we finish the moon mission

>mining is unprofitable because btc is crashing
>he still doesn't know the difference between asics and gpus
braindead nocoiner

I never thought i'd live to see the day that nationalistic tendencies were so widespread in the PC gaming community

You don't "deserve" the cards more than anyone. I know there are shortages now but more people buying things is better for the community.

5 years ago I figured GPUs would be $1000 ea. today because of rising Macbook market share. If mining continues to utilize gaming cards the future of cheap PC gaming is secured.

just be cool, maybe dont be bleeding edge for like a year, things are going to get better

Holy moly.

Pay attention everyone. This your typical crypto genius. Next quadrillionaire

Yeah but the poster he's commenting on is wrong tho? BTC price is irrelevant when you're talking about mining with 4GB cards.

just because he's a dick doesn't make him wrong

Life is good when you are a NEET with 200k in 8 months from nothing.

>BTC price is irrelevant when you're talking about mining with 4GB cards.
Are you literally retarded?

looking at charts doesn't require you to be a genius, user
eth didn't tank much and is actually mined by gpus
stay mad

Yeah... I guess I should not expect much out of a bunch of retards cart pushers wanting to make it rich quick.

see

How much time did you spend researching crypto mining before you decided to max out your mom's credit card?

I legitimately want to know.

nobody buys this shit
t. miner

Bitcoin doesn't matter when it comes to GPU prices.

well then you are certainly retarded they are sometimes about a 100 bucks cheaper than normal gpus

When people prove you wrong in real life do you get this upset? do you even know what a fallacy is?

I don't mine I have an old 560TI meme build from like 6 years ago and i'm happy with it. Don't blow up because people on a technology board are educated in current technology trends

Are you retarded? Why would they alienate their best customers?

You keep repeating yourself. Do you thing you are informing me of something I don't know.

You know when I spend anything over $1k I do some fucking research to what it is I am getting myself into.

How much time did you actually spent researching?

What happen in Oct. 15 2017?
What is Casper?
What is what is the current ETH block number?
What is Constantinople?

If you don't know these things you are in for a rude awakening.

I won't be buying your used shit, retard.

Here is your fucking " BTC price is irrelevant when you're talking about mining with 4GB cards. " dumbass.

miners don't mine bitcoin you moron. Until every crypto is worth nothing miners don't give a shit.

wow the price Ethereum was at like a month ago, if they still mined ETH they'd all be finished.

Ok user, I see. Thanks for educating me.

That would be epic if they managed to do this. Everybody with an older card could sell them to miners for good money and get a next generation gaming card for the money.

Crypto will just fuck itself up, Nvidia/AMD don't need to do anything.

Except you can't resell them to gamers for almost exactly what you paid for them once they're almost dead. Think bigger, brainlet.

>repeated the increasingly more nervous gaymer for the 5th time in the last half year

>cryptomining algorithms
implying that is possible

crypto will either die on its own or we will have to deal with it

This.

What the fuck is this thread? I don't even.

Bitcoin is crashing right now, it's below 9000$. Crypto is a house of cards.

>sell devices that make massively parallel operations easier
>people start to do massively parallel operations on it
>oh that's bad we should fuck them up
Why the fuck was this question asked ?

>nationalistic tendencies
what an autistic way to look at it
the cards are meant for gaming , sperg

Do you believe they are retarded or something? What is the benefit to them doing this? One miner is buying as much stock as 3-30 enthusiasts. If anything the question is when will they stop putting effort into game drivers..

This stands for both of them, but especially AMD. If it weren't for crypto can you imagine how many Vega and RX580 cards would be kicking around right now? I'm honestly shocked they aren't doubling down on production to wring every buck out of this they possibly can..

BTC and a lot of cryptocurrencies have lost 50% of their value in the last month. The bubble has popped. There won't be that many cards off the shelves anymore.

ETH was about $860 a month ago and less than $400 a month before that.

How do you tell a GPU is almost dead? If there are already artifacts because of cooked VRAM and you claim that "it works" it's a scam and the buyer will just refund.

they dont earn any more money from crypto vs gaming. it's scalpers and retailers that rake it in. board partners really dont raise prices all that much.

In a few months they might not have to.

what the fuck are you talking about? what the hell do you mean " fuck up the algorithms ". For many cryptocurrencys, to fuck up the algorithms you'd need to make your gpu not a processor, incapable of solving anything. Do you know how minimg works? do you know what your talking about? Even if they make a separate line of cards, the prices will oscillate up and down between the two. One of the
most popular cryptos require you to have a virtual computer running if you want to be a full node, so you can't "fuck" the algorithm, or else, I repeat, it wouldn't be a gpu, but a useless piece of shit

Then why are they always out of stock?

How's it feel now that shitcoin is crashing, faggot?