Is anyone here entirely Google free? If so how did you do it?

Is anyone here entirely Google free? If so how did you do it?

I use Yandex :3

Putin botnet

>posting here
>google free

Are you literally retarded?

Nobody here is google-free, idiot. The captcha is Google's, the telemetry on this site is Google's, the ads are Google's.

this

LineageOS + Sup Forums pass

Of course I still work there, but they pay too much for me to quit (for now).

>sent from an android phone

Probably not... But if so, kek

I can't see myself becoming entirely free in the near future, but I'd like to at least get my own domain + another email host. Maybe switch to an iPhone too.

That would mostly leave me using their:
Search
Translate
Maps
Youtube

I think I'll be able to live without Docs, Drive, Gmail and Android pretty easily. Search I do try to use DuckDuckGo, and when I occasionally use Edge I let it use it's default Bing for searches.

There are no real alternatives to Youtube, Maps and Translate IMO. There are decent alternatives to Search but cutting it out completely would feel like a big sacrifice.

Apple maps works fine as a replacement

Not a 100% but close. I flashed lineageOS without gapps and use Mozilla NLP.
It's really that easy

I'm sure they do, but I want to also be able to access my maps in a browser tab on my computer even if I'm not on my macbook.

>Putin

Enjoy your botnet you stupid trap

Searx, Qwant and DuckDuckGo are excellent Google search alternatives.
Translate doesn't have as good alternatives. Google's botnet helps a lot here.
MAPS.ME is not only an alternative to Google maps, but better since it can be used offline. Not sure if there's an OpenStreetMaps client on desktop though, I never use maps on desktop.
YouTube doesn't have an alternative because that's where content gets delivered. I mean, you should stream torrents for films/series and can always find music elsewhere. But if you're following a YT channel then it's an impossibility to de-Google yourself. Unless someone is willing to make a server (preferably distributed to prevent video losses) where uploaded YouTube vids would be dumped (preferably automatically on upload instead of manually) then sure, it can be pulled off. You can make it use a torrent-like protocol which people are familiar with. But there is no such service that I know of.

LineageOS is still android based. A better solution would be Librem 5.

>MAPS.ME is not only an alternative to Google maps
I'll check it out again. The main reason I considered Google Maps virtually untouchable is because they pull in a lot of data about stores/restaurants automatically and seem to have gotten quite a lot of people to contribute by writing reviews/taking photos of the places. That + street view (which I do like to occasionally use when trying to get a feel for where a restaurant or something is).

>Unless someone is willing to make a server
You might already be using this, but if you install youtube-dl and mpv either with Chocolatey on windows, or your package manager of choice on mac/linux you can stream or download Youtube-stuff really easily.

There are also proxies you can use I guess.
If you replace youtube.com/videourlx with youpak.com/videourlx you can watch stuff without toucing youtube. It's also great for getting around geo-restrictions if you don't have a VPN connection you can turn on.

captcha is google lmao

These aren't exactly solutions. Pulling videos from Google still requires you to connect to their servers, and videos can be permanently removed, unlike distributed solutions. But yeah, it's good enough. I've used yt-dl before.

As for maps.me, it will also pull information about nearby places (shops, restaurants, hotels, wifi spots, etc.) and sometimes include work time. It will also pull basic info from Wikipedia and ratings of the place, if there are any. You can also leave reviews yourself for other OSM users.

Pixel 2 masterrace.

MAPS.ME
is
fucking
god tier

adblock

hooktube has an extension that auto directs you, and they host deleted videos

>using Putin as if it's supposed to be derogatory

moot?

How will you post on this shitty site without captcha? And paying doesn't count.

I still use their captchas when I post here. That's about it.

Moot is that you? If so buy 4shit back chink(you) is driving it into the ground also post programming socks

>tfw this site had a good chance to die 3 years ago
>tfw a chink keeps it in zombie mode for no good reason

What tools do you guys use to remove google tracking JS on pages?

Why doesn't it count moron? Because you know you're wrong?

>being this poor
>so poor that you have to desperately get rid of the paying method for the hope to find another way
just buy a pass faggot there's no other way around this

Nice try, (((mods))). Kys.

yea.But i use
youtube (universal)
Sup Forums
google( sometimes)

I ditched a lot of their stuff (not all) when they fired Damore because it fucking pissed me off. Switched browser to firefox, switched mail to Protonmail, mostly search using ixquick though occasionally I'll use google if I need to look something up on my phone really quick. Still need to ditch apps from the Play Store, Maps, Translate, and Sup Forums.

Forgot to mention YouTube, there's no fucking way I can ditch YouTube, every time a new website tries anything YouTube shoots them in the back of the head and buries them in a fucking unmarked grave. Maybe if Twitch starts expanding more.

Only YouTube, Captcha, and my school uses Google Classroom

It seems highly implausible because you can always accidentally get tracked by the many sites Google is spying on. You basically need to approach this like RMS to be very safe. Even then, something as simple as using your credit card online could expose you to being tracked.

And have my Pass connect all of my posts together? No chance.

Twitch will be bought by either Google or Microsoft in the next 5 years. Mark my words.

I'm not, but if you go on reddit at /r/privacy, a lot of people do it. A lot of people use ProtonMail instead of GMail, and use NoScript and uBlock Origin to disable all tracking.

twitch is owned by amazon my dude.

Did you miss the fact that it was already bought by Amazon?

The only time I use/communicate with Google is when I go to their websites.

Amazon is warding off Google's massive big dick with it's own massive, big dick. That's why it's been around so long, only thing that can compete with a massive corporation is another massive corporation.

Apart of the captcha on this site, I don't use any google services. A single source of info for Google is okay, all other traces I leave on the net go to other orgs, no central profiling happening.

Ublock, NoScript, Cookie autodelete, user agent switcher.

Important mails I run through an OVH hosted exchange, using my own domain. Spam/forum stuff through my hotmail (Microsoft knows all of my past). I use Telegram for comms. Apart from browsing the net with aforementioned plugins, I actually don't really use online services. Maybe Steam, but I don't communicate through it, just playing gaems on the desktop.

Mobile phone is only for shitposting here and Telegram, nothing else really. It's a Lumia 950. I'm waiting for the Librem 5 to be released.

teehee google is bad
-posted from my A E S T H E T I C samsung chromebook 3

you're post are still connected with or without pass either way

how could I post here without broogle?

We are all using it right now you bufoon. There are millions of users on this site. Sup Forums has value as long as it has daily users in the hundreds of thousands

You could buy a Sup Forums™ Pass™.

noscript

Or just use Motionbox

>teehee
sudoku

>shitbook
why would you pay so much for something so bad?

>what are dynamic IPs

IceCat browser has all the anti-script tools from the box

DeepL is a good alternative to Google Translate.

>$150 is a lot of money for 720p and 9 hours of battery life

>YouTube doesn't have an alternative because that's where content gets delivered
True, at least until blockchain video storage/delivery technology attains critical mass.

In the meantime you can remove yourself from the tracking at least by using clients like WebTube on Android. It can even connect through TOR.

>not financially supporting one of the very few places left on the net where you can still post anonymously just like the days of yore
Pass + VPN paid for by gift cards bought local for cash (while wearing a disguise, if you are truly paranoid) is the only way to be truly anonymous now, and so that's what I do.

For that plus security/privacy in general:
>NoScript + RequestPolicy + Canvas Defender + Self Destructing Cookies + HTTPS Everywhere

ur a fat faggot from Ohio, no one gives a half a fuck about you

>mail
Tutanota

>search
Startpage

>Play Store
F-Droid

>Maps
OpenStreetMap

>Sup Forums
Clover

>only thing that can compete with a massive corporation is another massive corporation
In the current paradigm, yes. Eventually, it would be great if decentralized blockchain type solutions took off, but I think that's going to take a long time because normies are dumb.

>Librem 5
I am not sure how many people really grasp how much of a game changer having a true GNU/Linux (not Android) OS on a phone is going to be.

I just hope they don'r cock it up like they did with their line of laptops. I think they learned from that debacle though, because they now specifically mention "properly isolated baseband" in their literature for the Librem 5. I'm rooting for them, really hope they can pull it off.

OK, I have already addressed all the "client" end stuff in my several posts above this one. Now for the "sever/cloud" portion.

I am running NextCloud instance on a Cubietruck right here at home. Works a treat for storage and file sharing. We also use it to sync our Calendars and Contacts.

Phones all run Lineage with almost completely free software from F-Droid.

Messaging I didn't mention, we use XMPP + OMEMO encryption (which provides security) and run it through TOR (which provides privacy / protection from traffic analysis). Currently going through Calyx Institute XMPP server, but eventually will set up my own as it's pretty easy to do. At that time I will also move the NextCloud instance to an .onion address to be able to share files DropBox style with people via a link, without revealing my real IP address / physical location.

If you don't want/need to share files like that, you can just run Syncthing between several devices which would handle the file syncing. But not the calendars nor contacts. But there are some other things that can do that but I think you would need to run some sort of little server. Not sure as that wasn't my use case. But lots of F/LOSS tools in this space.

This should cover most of the stuff within our current paradigm of centralized services / web. But the future is decentralization in all things (government, trade, currency, storage, computing, etc.). How long that takes? I dunno, but I try to keep abreast of tech advancements in that space, which there are a lot of and more all the time it seems.

I have been Google free my whole life until a friend showed me this post. The way I stay Google free is by not ever using the internet. No cellphone, no laptop, no pc, mac, or anything else. I eat what I kill and kill what I eat.

>>using Putin as if it's supposed to be derogatory
He didn't at all. It's just your own projection.

yes
>what is not using anything made by or connected to google
wow that was hard.

I took OP to mean "re-create Google type services, outside of Google"

I know that's the boat I was in at one point. I had become accustomed to those conveniences (sync, etc.), but grew more and more wary of the privacy and other issues.

So I figured out F/LOSS solutions and workarounds and shared a bunch of them above.

Congrats if you saw the problem before everyone else, but the more people wake up to the Jewgle problem and try and divorce themselves from it, the better it will be for them, us, and greater society overall.

>divorce
>jewgle
shall we get Sup Forums to meme-war against google? Portraying google as an abusive spouse seems like a really good propaganda poster.

>Is anyone here entirely Google free? If so how did you do it?
Well, this may not work for everyone, but the way I did it was by simply not using any Google products and blocking their trackers.

I've already got most of my important accounts registered with it and a full unfiltered history of usage. Is it too late? Should I just keep going at this point?

>Is it too late?
Never too late to get out of an abusive relationship.

There's no reason to say Putin then. Why not Russian? Why not something as simple as "botnet"?