Zen 2 design is complete

>zen 2 design is complete

so, this is how intel dies. not with a bang, but with a zen...

April 2019, should be just in time to fend off Icelake-S, from which we can expect 10% higher IPC if the stars align, at least it'll be 8 cores, but they won't be able to clock as high as Coffee due to the immaturity of the process.

Intel will never die, but they might hit the point of no recovery during Zen2-Zen3 times.

>the immaturity of the process.
Fortunately for AMD, 7nm Vega will be the pipecleaner.
Zen2-based DT chips will clock very high from the get-go.

I'll tell you guys that you'll see Zen2 cores come out sooner on whatever Raven Ridge successor is in very late 2018 or early 2019

AMD goes mobile last so no.

Vega 20 is TSMC 7nm. TSMC said volume ramp h1 2018 and AMD said Vega 20 on 7nm THIS year and Lisa said at earnings call AMD will use both tsmc and GF got 7nm.

There's no 12nm refresh planned and OEMs want something new every 12-14 months to fill up the lineup, RavenRidge successor will come out sooner or at the same time as Pinnacle Ridge successor

>this is how Intel dies
AMDfags have been telling themselves exactly this for 25 years and yet they still play second fiddle.

>Vega 20 is TSMC 7nm.
That we don't know.
>TSMC said volume ramp h1 2018
They also will have a very limited number of slots to fill, and A11X goes first...
>There's no 12nm refresh planned
That we don't know.
Fortunately for AMD, Intel is currently _very_ mismanaged.
Just like Ruinz saved Intel, JUSTnich will make AMD a dominant player in the industry.

>CCG down annually

Takes a special kind of brain damage to deny math.

>AMD
>dominaning anything
I'll believe it when I see it.
Although I'll admit that if they can get me around Coffee Lake single core and offer 8+ cores I'm getting AMD next time.

DIY market is peanuts, my friend.
AMD's goal is clearly datacenter.

Intel can't release same processors every year anymore, like they have been doing since Sandy Bridge.
AMD has biggest advantage for being cheaper, and now Ryzen is really amazing.

Still waiting for dem laptop APUs, real fucking tired of this Intel+Nvidia shitshow.

Why are all Intel architectures lakes now?

>he fell for 10% meme

kek

i7 6700k i want AMD to really make me upgrade like that time i bought Bulldozer.....

Because they look impressive but they're usually shallow as fuck?

zen is what intlets are trying to achieve right now amirite?

I don't care who wins, I just want better hardware across the board.

deep

>improves on zen in multiple dimensions

>multiple dimensions

What did he mean by this?

Intel isn't going to die, neither is AMD or any of the other manufacturers in the near future, calm down.

It’s part of AMD’s hyper-dimensional chess game against Intel

>zen 2 design is complete
I guess I'll wait for zen2 instead of picking up zen+, well that is if intel doesn't have anything by then.

But 7nm isn't ready. GF has said ramp up in 2nd half of 2018. Once volume production starts it'll probably be about 6 months to market, so we'll probably be looking at 1st half of 2019.

xyz

Raven Ridge APUs weren't available until now, Q1 2018. I'd say wait until Q1 2019. Definitely not Q4 2018

Are you dumb? RR was available in hand in November with HP Envy x360s. People on Reddit have had them for 3 months now. Lisa Su went out and personally bought a RR laptop at Best Buy in November and tweeted it out

Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day it will come true

>3 dimension
laughs in m-theory

You'll have to wait for Zen 2 in 2019.

> >7% IPC improvement
> >5GHz (IBM designed nodes can typically hit up to 5.6GHz)
> 8 or 12 core mainstream

IBM designs were massive 300+ watt 8-way SMT designs with an external (not RAM) L4 cache with deep pipelines specifically built to crunch parallel instructions.

AMD has to target 65-125w TDPs with a focus on single-threaded capability using complex mixes of complex instructions with complex FPUs.

There's no way a stock Zen2 based processor is going to be 5Ghz.

can it emulate ps2 games? and can you prove to me that it does so?

>There's no way a stock Zen2 based processor is going to be 5Ghz.
Are you that beaner from SA that insisted Zen wouldn't pass 3.3Ghz

if it cant emulate im not buying it period

We've got a year to see. I'm capping these posts to throw it in your face when not a single Zen2 CPU is launched with stock 5Ghz clocks.
Maybe, Maybe single-core turbo hits 5Ghz or above.

I'd be surprised to see larger CCXs with wider FPUs with bigger caches on a Zen design sustain 5Ghz.

Holy shit you actually are

I'm not Juanrga you dumb faggot

hey

fuck you

Suck my dick nigger boy! See you in the Zen2 release thread in a year!

damn I love Sup Forums

your mother sucks cocking in heavan fucker

Right. Intel's earnings, but there's no reason AMD wouldn't have similar proportions.

I don't think any AMD friend has told themselves anything like that since at least phenom and nehalem.

>7nm+
so, zen3 is going to downgrade transistors?

What makes you say that?

7nm+ is GloFo's 7nm node with EUV light source. Greater resolution and detail brings about a slight decrease in feature size and increase in density.
Higher definition in patterning leads to more consistent etching, and the process requires fewer critical mask layers because of it. That decreases complexity and thereby increases yields.

Its actually quite a big upgrade over the multi exposure 7nm rolling out late this year.

>adding 2 more cores

So you're saying that idiots who upgrade from 6 core Intel processors have to buy a new motherboard aswell even though the socket is exactly the same?

>10% higher IPC if the stars align, at least it'll be 8 cores,
no meltdown fix, meme [s]5GHz[/s] 4.7GHz overclock for fake benchmarks and 300W power consumptions

Of course, it's a 'new' architecture so CFL-S won't be compatible with ICL-S

>But 7nm isn't ready. GF has said ramp up in 2nd half of 2018. Once volume production starts it'll probably be about 6 months to market, so we'll probably be looking at 1st half of 2019.
I can wait until they're ready.

Current zen can almost emulate ps3 (with occasional crashes probably due to intel optimizations built in asm jit) so I see no reason why wouldn't it emulate ps2.

>Are you that beaner from SA that insisted Zen wouldn't pass 3.3Ghz
I'm not the user you replied to, but whomever made that claim was pretty close considering that zen tops out at 3.9/4ghz. Personally I thought that they would hit 5ghz since the ibm cpus were able to clock that high, so I overshot it by a large margin.

>but whomever made that claim was pretty close
Pretty close, only 30% off.

You're dumb too, expecting those clocks from a 1st gen design on a node meant for phones.

>Pretty close, only 30% off.
Really close not considering turbo dickhead.
>You're dumb too, expecting those clocks from a 1st gen design on a node meant for phones.
I was expecting something good from amd, but we get what they give us user-sama. Imagine if AMD came back with a cpu that completely destroys every cpu before it.

You expected something not technologically possible with the cards AMD had at hand.

>You're dumb too, expecting those clocks from a 1st gen design on a node meant for phones.
IBM was able to do this many many years ago, so how did amd drop the ball?
The world would be much better if it was intel vs ibm, and not this non competitive duopoly that we have now.

>IBM was able to do this many many years ago, so how did amd drop the ball?

Because IBM doesn't care that their CPUs pull 300W from SOI

>You expected something not technologically possible with the cards AMD had at hand.
I didn't really expect it. I kinda just wanted to remind people that ibm was able to do it for years, and amd couldn't.

Have they released cache specs yet? If so could someone please tell me the L1D cache block size and set associativity?

please, let this be b8
no one should be so retarded unironically

>Because IBM doesn't care that their CPUs pull 300W from SOI
Neither does AMD you dumbshit.

Get a trip so I can filter you.

Get a personality, so you wouldn't have to mimic a funnier shitposter.

Say one thing that was wrong with
You can't can you, you fucking glowing fucktard.

>Say one thing that was wrong with
Everything?
AMD is a much smaller company than IBM or Intel so they needed to secure the most profitable market first - datacenter. Which is why Ryzen was really a beta test for Epyc and why the process is optimized for lower clocks and more efficient power draw.
And I don't know what kind of an idiot you are to think IBM vs. Intel would be more competitive. Did you forget how trash the last PowerPC chips were? Wait, were you even alive back then?

maybe its finally worth upgrading from 2500k or maybe i will wait until the mobo dies

>And I don't know what kind of an idiot you are to think IBM vs. Intel would be more competitive. Did you forget how trash the last PowerPC chips were? Wait, were you even alive back then?
All things being equal, and the power architecture is superior, or do you not know that,because you're an amd loving idiot. Also AMD only exists to keep Intel from losing contracts, so whatever competition they seem to bring is just an elaborate ruse where they collaborate with their supposed competition, so yes IBM would be better competition for intel if they chose to return to the consumer cpu space (especially if they use current fab processes, and actually produce more than a thousand cpus at a time).

>All things being equal, and the power architecture is superior
POWER? In certain things.
PowerPC? No.
Oh wait, you didn't know there is a difference?
PowerPC is scaled-down POWER to be used in workstations and desktops, and it sucked so much even Apple converted to Intel.
Straight up cramming POWER into a workstation is not a solution either because the negatives (power draw, heat, high price of components) greatly outweigh the dubious benefits (good at highly parallel tasks). It would be a very niche product.

>or do you not know that,because you're an amd loving idiot
Sweety, I work with POWER servers on a daily basis.

>A11X goes first...
Doesn't Apple use Samsung's fabs?

No, they went with single sourcing from TSMC for 7nm node.