/wt/ Watch Thread - Turtle edition

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing :
youtu.be/OuhGD-HSUy4

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

prnewswire.com/news-releases/casio-g-shock-unveils-latest-additions-to-mens-black-out-series-300591513.html
youtube.com/watch?v=75WFTHpOw8Y
amazon.com/Epson-Runsense-SF-810-built-Monitor/dp/B0186VAOAK
youtu.be/WqaaUEMXabM
youtu.be/OfWLQQbftpA
youtu.be/aBR3jmIGLxg
erikasoriginals.com/mn-straps/mn-straps/original.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice turtle

here's my solar turtle

good taste user. has it been regulated?

Post Turtles.

post box

I am still having trouble with the coaxile pallet fork but it's still running at 300mspy

>Post Turtles.

Hamilton Racing-Turtle, though shithead Swatch had them rename it as the Pan-Europ.

I kinda like that Seiko shaved down their turtle case a bit for this watch.

I unironically like this bezel

wtf is this

tank turtle

> post turtles

People who post/wear Seiko's should be raped to death by a pack of niggers.

not a turtle

>post turtles
Are tortoises allowed?

Anyone have any experience with Bertucci field watches? Stumbled upon them the other day. Curious how they compare to other relatively inexpensive field watches like the Timex Expedition.

Would show her my Seiko/10.

Would hug her with my pecker woke using a repeated motion while wearing any seiko she wants.

Hnngh

Is that... a fake SKX?!

yup

>patek split second chrono minute repeater
>gongs were snapped in three places then reattached with gold solder

jesus fuck

>Only available in Asia

Fuck

Would you guys prefer 1 30k watch or 3 10k watches. Which watches would you pick?

Don't pick based on value or collectibility but what you love.

I love too many different watches myself. But I know being a one watch guy is simpler.

three 10k watches

most 30k watches are rose gold or otherwise somehow find a way to look pretentious or ghey

3 10k watches, I'll have to think which ones tho.

1 10k watche and the rest in my 401k

I just got this bad boy in, and honestly its so small I barley even realized I was wearing it today, but for 20 cad its a great watch imo.

How did I do anons?

> We fixed your watch, sir. In fact, we added some gold so now it's even more valuable!

i like seikos

prnewswire.com/news-releases/casio-g-shock-unveils-latest-additions-to-mens-black-out-series-300591513.html
Actually they just put out a press release yesterday that it'll be coming to America. No release date was specified though. I'm actually interested int the Red Out version myself.

Sarb033 is /ourwatch/

I like the 035 better

>cream dial
>white date window
so close

> the no pocket watch with 36000bph and automatic winding

Field watch Friday

What's the point of a pocket watch u less you're really interested in the technology
A phone is basically a pocket watch

>What's the point of a pocket watch u less you're really interested in the technology
> Sup Forums - Technology

Lowest ambient temperature something like an Explorer or Speedmaster can operate at?

Could I strap one of those fuckers over the outside of my jacket and still have it work?

What about maximum operating temperatures for them? Can I walk around Death Valley in the middle of Summer with it?

nice field turtle

>Could I strap one of those fuckers over the outside of my jacket and still have it work?

In the middle of Iceland during winter, I should say.

isn't it warm in iceland and cold in greenland or some shit like that

One 5k watch rest in savings

Shit you're right, only goes down to -30C there during winter.

Anyone know if Explorer or Speedys can handle that?

just ask bjork what watch she wears

>What about maximum operating temperatures for them? Can I walk around Death Valley in the middle of Summer with it?
Well many watches have been in space, with vacuum being a perfect insulator at all they can get very hot in the sun. The surface temperature in the lunar day reaches 100C and a black dialed watch absorbs a lot more light than the regolith.

This watch can survive in iceland

youtube.com/watch?v=75WFTHpOw8Y

maybe this is more of a /fit/ thing; but can anyone vouch for Epson's gps watches? i know theyre made in japan by seiko but i can't find a single review that doesn't seem paid.
It was either that or an amazfit, so i bought
amazon.com/Epson-Runsense-SF-810-built-Monitor/dp/B0186VAOAK but i still got time to cancel

I was going to wear my g-shock tomorrow but I guess I'll wear this

Watches have been deep in the ocean, in space, on the surface of the moon, on the top of mount Everest , etc and they all kept working.

The expression is green in Iceland and ice in Greenland.

I like this version a lot but it's too small imo
The sports one is bigger and fits nicer

I got an 809 a couple of years ago and it made me prefer smaller watches t b h f a m

Na the sport version is too large fo ra field watch unless you have large wrists. For that guy in the photo that model is certainly better.

>I am still having trouble with the coaxile pallet fork
I thought it was old omegas that had that problem, not seikos

Certified for space (along with many mechanical speedmasters since the moon landings)

fuck that piaget is thin.
youtu.be/WqaaUEMXabM

This is some top tier refined shitposting sir.

Holy fuck boys.

It's a mind messer upper

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

youtu.be/OfWLQQbftpA

Are you German?

3/4 grandparents were

A few 100-500, a 2-4k, a 8k, a 15k,
rest is for champagne and a cigar.

But if I had only those to options, i would go for the 3 10k

>spending earth money on a handheld timekeeping device in the year of our lord two thousand and eighteen that lacks hand winding or hacking

if it makes you feel any better, they're really only popular here and on reddit

It was so cheap that I didn't really have a choice

I get that, but honestly at that price I'd rather get a quartz watch. I got one of the larger field models like and had to return it after a couple weeks.

I really wanted to like it as I loved the aesthetic, especially the day/date at that price point, but it kept horrible time (-20sec/day), I could hear the automatic rotor spinning when I moved my arm (not to mention feel the vibration of it), and seriously, no hand winding or hacking is a deal breaker for an automatic at any price. Especially with timekeeping that bad, you need to be able to hack it, and I never fucking know if the thing's got enough juice without being able to handwind it a couple of times in the morning.

I ended up getting a Timex Expedition with a similar aesthetic (pic), which is great except for no date and a slight wobble to the second hand that bothers my autism. Works as a "beater" type watch.

Finally, a podcast worth listening to

youtu.be/aBR3jmIGLxg

No idea why that posted sideways.

it's because Sup Forums strips exif data, including orientation exif data.

Makes sense. Great watch.

Gs needs to make thinner and smaller watches so i can buy one.

I just shake it side to side a few times when I take it off and again in the morning, and voila, +5 at worst. Both my 7s26s are like that

Maybe I got unlucky, dunno. Part of why I hate having to buy watches online, can't quickly swap it out for another one.

I don't have that specific model but you can just apply slight backwards pressure on the crown to "hack" it.

Isn't that supposed to be bad for the movement?

3 x 10k watches since my tastes run more towards production watches rather than haute horlogerie anyway.

1) 1987 Omega Speedmaster 376.0822
2) 16200 Rolex Datejust 36mm blue dial, smooth bezel, oyster bracelet
3) Grand Seiko SBGW 253

That datejust you keep posting has to be the best daily wear sports watch of all time.

My particular brand of watch autism means I really prefer the all baton indices of the Datejust to the mixed batons and arabics of the Explorer 1, so I like that particular DJ model for essentially being an all baton Explorer I equivalent with a date complication (which I also prefer).

gtfo of here even the "watchmaker" gets a ton of shit wrong and has a limited knowledge about watches. half of the /wt posters know far more about watches than these people.

>fossil

is this a good daily use watch? will likely put a black/grey NATO on it

sure

I know the strap is disgusting.

a nato would be much better
I might get an olive green or another cream colour one

Do you guys think one of these 20mm straps would work on a 19mm lug width watch?

erikasoriginals.com/mn-straps/mn-straps/original.php

No.
Damn amphibias are ugly

?

yes

I meant how dirty it is, but maybe it's hard to tell in the picture. An olive green nato might look good, tho, I agree.

3x 10k watches because no one just owns a single 30k watch

what about 30 1000$ watches?

Mother of God

>it's that triggered pol archietard again

just kill yourself already if you get a mental breakdown when people discuss a popular watch brand in a watch thread

What's the best fake Rolex to get?

I don't care if it's fake, I just want to feel how it feels on my arm and only to wear around the house.

how do I get one

probably never huh

I'd probably break it down even further, most of the watches I like seem to be in the 3-6k range. I'd definitely have a Rolex Explorer 1, a GS Snowflake, an IWC fleiger of some description, and a Speedmaster. After that I'm not even sure, probably a McQueen Monaco and maybe some kind of Breitling chrono. Oh, and I guess I need a proper dress watch in there, but I dunno what that would even be.

10 3k watches is more my style