What is wrong with me, Sup Forums?

During my 4-year CS degree, I slept not more than 6 hours a day. Usually 5, sometimes 4.

Now, I cannot sleep less than 9, usually 10, 11.
It's taking a large portion of the day, and if fucking sucks.

Is it just sleep recovery?

Many factors go into sleep length. Sometimes it's the quality of food or the macronutrient balance. Sometimes it's exercise. Sometimes it's sleep quality, which is affected by physical factors and health factors. Are you colder or warmer? How is the noise? Anxiety higher or lower? Less drive to get up on time? Are you hitting depression? How is your blood serotonin throughout the day? Did you take any antibiotics recently? It can kill a large amount of your gut flora and affect your general health. Sometimes it's as simple as sleeping too much and/or being woken up at the wrong time in a sleep cycle, making you want to go back to sleep for longer, and having worse quality sleep. A cycle is 90 minutes long, and you want to wake up during/after REM sleep. I doubt you're just making up sleep. That usually triggers REM rebound, rather than 1.5 times sleep length. I don't know if the rebound lasts longer than even a month, though.

This is why I come to Sup Forums.

>quality of food
So what your saying is soyboy detected??

No, he is saying that OP eats too many smoked slabs of jewish feces (fast food burgers).

Both would be examples. Fat-heavy vegetable-based diets seem to be the best, and then make sure you get complete protein and dha omega-3 fatty acids. Eggs are usually a good idea as well. Don't fall for the egg-whites meme. The yolk is most of the nutrients, and eating cholesterol is not what raises your cholesterol, just as eating fat doesn't make you fat.

Sleep recovery is a meme.

It's old age, better start looking of a walking cane.

You forgot vitamin d

Confess, you slept through your classe zzz....

Set an alarm so you go to bed and wake up at the same times every day.

>implying theres anyway to raise your cholesterol besides eating cholesterol. Bro scientist detected

not him but food cholesterol doesn't actually have a measurable impact on blood cholesterol, contrary to popular belief.

don't fall for the dietitian's tricks, and don't waste your time reading popsci "nutrition" articles. get your info directly from pubmed

I sleep for 12-16 hours a day. And when I finally do get up, I feel like shit and am exhausted as if I didn't sleep at all. I just want to sleep more.

did you find a gf
if you did, theres ur answer

Be glad you can sleep. The opposite is much, much, much worse.

Cardio is your friend.

I've noticed this too. Maybe its just getting older?

Do you exercise regularly?

Go to the Dr. That symptom can be caused by 101 dif things

You're getting older. Nothing more and nothing less.

I thought older people sleep less.

Well, at one point you get so old that you go to sleep and never wake up again

you fucked up you huge sleep needs that the brain needs to develop before 25, now your body tries to catch up but you will never get the sleep schedule back until you're 40 and start sleeping 3 hours a night
go to your doctor

nice blog post faggot

Except it does, read PubMed retard. Also, your premise assume 100% good lipid metabolism, which is not true for like 40% of population

>During my 4-year CS degree, I slept not more than 6 hours a day. Usually 5, sometimes 4.
totally unhealthy

>Now, I cannot sleep less than 9, usually 10, 11.
11 us a bit too much but 8 to 10 is relatively normal (compared to 4 during your degree)

>Is it just sleep recovery?
there's no such thing, you can't recover sleep after a few days.

my guess is you were burning yourself out and you now returned to normal. maybe you oversleep a bit because you're unemployed?
try to force yourself up early in the morning at the same time every day even if you have nothing planned.

It's depression.

My sleeping pattern is fucked as well OP. I'm currently in college and during the week I seem to do polyphasic sleep which is never enough, then do 9-11 hours on the weekends. I fucking hate sleep, it's so annoying when you're too tired to focus on something, I don't know why people say they "like" wasting a gigantic portion of their lives doing nothing. I can't wait until we find a way to eliminate the need.

ot's not necessarily "depression" but the absence of outside pressure.

when i was unemployed my sleep patterns were fucked up.

i fell asleep around 9pm to wake up at 2am

then i couldn't go back to sleep until 7am til 11.

shit was fucked up.

it's only with a time constraining activity such as work , or a regular activity that your sleep schedule can go back on track.