wiby.me/
holli.com/~mrstrilby/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>he's too poor to afford a Pentium II

Don't be part of the Y2K, use free software

What's a computer?

Most of the current userbase wasn't even born back then

>that nerd and his computer

How do I install Goldeneye on my E-machine?

I can't wait for windows 98.

This will be the year of the Linux desktop

Excuse me, I was 4 years old then. I started playing with my parent's windows 98 machine at 5.

>Shits diaper

>had sexual life

> was using win 95 on a 66mhz penttium at home and at school
> school demanded we spend hours typing documents on microsoft word and office to prep us for office drones
> had no idea what code or programs were but could solder circuits
> spent hours personally no joke making memes in paint shop pro - although without macros
> a friend introduced me to caligari true space and i spent alot of time learning 3d modelling and took days to render a 320 scene

despite all of this I HAD ONLY USED THE INTERNET A HANDFULL OF TIMES.

Was this the equivalent of 1080 back then?

Anybody want to play some AoE?

fuck yeah bro

>tfw fell for the Cyrix meme
>can't run Quake properly

Is it worth shelling the big bucks on a Voodoo?

Anyone know where my bottle of formula is?

install debian

What's a computer?

The SLI setup certainly was, and only badasses could afford that and dedicate 3 whole PCI slots for gaems.

AMD K6-II+ 500 MHzand have more RAM, or Pentium II @ 300 Mhz and less ram?

Imagine what we'll get in 20 years

>tfw fell for the 16MB ram meme

is that the voodoo3 3500? i had that running on a 200 mhz dell with redhat linux

f0 0f c7 c8

Intel a shit.

Come at me, Microshitters.

That's a lot of dicks

> Hello, I made this chat spammer in visual basic, hehe. It really has no trojan, see: [virustotal-link].

> Feedback welcome.

In this year windows was exclusively used for playing solitaire.

And it was fucking great.

*blocks your path*

>all those kids thinking they are hot shit for knowing nothing
lol

Don't know if I should get one of these, are they any good?

I.......was minimally sentient at this time. Sorry.

What do you guys think about Steve Jobs coming back to Apple? Will he save them or are they finished?

Back in the day I used to have to trade warez and anime to get access to hotline servers so I could collect more warez and anime to trade to other servers.

P2P wasn't a thing back then and most people were on dial-up spending days downloading a 650MB ISO.

desu I’ve probably owned and used more 1997 tech than you ever will

It's ought to go at a slower pace, maybe the find a way to keep up the processing power when they fail to half the process after about 3nm.

But it takes increasingly more computation to get higher quality. Faces in games look alot more real today yes, but the really impressive leaps was when objects like a face went from being drawn of 8 points to 16, and then 24, 32 and so on. It will be really difficult to see the change from 65750 to 86250, just to put out some random numbers.

Install Slackware

I Denmark with had this network, named after a dog, were people would transfer copied CDs around for a small fee. So, you'll meet up at different railstations or other high traffic point, and Denmark is quiet small, so that would cover 80% of the population. The police had no interest in casing pirates back then, so it was fairly obvious but with no risk.

They filled a CD with maximum number of games or software, and charged a price in categories. It was quiet sophisticated. I doubt there was any real money in the operation, but a few beta-males probably felt all mafia and boss, so good for them.

Only if the artist is a retard who can't take advantage of the detail potential.

Those guys are the real heroes.

Hotline and things like it (WASTE) were the coolest. I really miss having a personal community network like that which really satisfied all your needs; file transfers, bbs, instant chat, etc.

I'd like to see a modern equivalent.

Linux literally didn't even have a graphical interface at that point in time, user.

This. I was 3. At 7, I managed to extract SECRET state documents from my dad's computer. Just printed them. No one knows how I did it.

I'm from 1988. I was 9 then.

holy shit I fell for that meme

>mfw I was 15 in 1997
>mfw I know the feel of fapping to a jpg slowly revealing itself over a 33.6 kbps connection

>1994: Torvalds judges all components of the kernel to be fully matured: he releases version 1.0 of Linux. The XFree86 project contributes a graphical user interface (GUI). Commercial Linux distribution makers Red Hat and SUSE publish version 1.0 of their Linux distributions.
wrong nigga

In 1997
Steve was chopping wood
He missed a spot and chopped off his dick
In 1997

Cool, and what could you accomplish with it? Wiggle a little X cursor around a grey screen? GNOME was launched in 1999, and KDE in 1998.

Spent countless hours on IRC and ICQ while working on my Geocities homepage.

>what could accomplish with it
All the standard POSIX stuff, which is the whole point of Linux.

This is the oldfag thread, in case you couldn't tell. Go back to Sup Forums underage.

>tfw richfag
>tfw dedicated t2 line straight to my room
>tfw daddy bought indygo2 with 512MB of ram just for lulz
>tfw room bigger than your house
this thing is so fucking fast, believe me x86 has literally no future folks

I graduated high school in 1997. Ask me anything.
I also had my own computer running NT 4.0 workstation and RedHat Linux (after running slackware for two years) Ask me anything.

Oh, so nothing useful? Did it even have Office software?
>b-but muh Sup Forums meme
Yeah, because Windows is only used for games, right? It doesn't happen to be the ubiquitous enterprise OS by any means, right?

>dial-up modem screeches

DELTE

$5,000 Direct t2 connection for less 10 less ping in Quake

I can't get the new Windows 98 on my MS DOS 6.22 Laptop? Help?

Should have stuck with dos 6.2
Stacker should not have won that lawsuit.

wiby.me/

feels like 1997 browsing the web

>what's an imageboard?

why are you here

I have no idea what Netscape is or does sorry

Hey visit my personal webpage and sign my guestbook!

holli.com/~mrstrilby/index.htm

Can't wait to get the latest Bleem! alpha off a bot on EFnet #freewarez! Hope my Voodoo card can run it well.

Seen that new Danni Ashe video on Stileproject?

Fantastic.

>efnet
Why the fuck haven't you switched to dalnet?
The nick services are awesome.

What do you guys think of this amazon thing? I can't see it surviving for more than a year or two

just go browse usenet archives, it was the same shit sans pictures

Have you guys seen that new cartoon on comedy central? The little kids cuss. it's awesome!
Oh well, gotta go send some MST3k vhs tapes in the mail to my alt.tv.mst3k friends.

They're not very friendly to my eggs.

To correct millennials when they are wrong.

Just upgraded Slackware to 3.2. Come at me, bitches.

oh, wanna trade shell accounts?
I have 3

What do you think of HomeGrocer.com?

I just bought stock in Pets.com

Fear my v.Everything. Still waiting on badass DSL, since ISDN isn't available so far from the CO.

oh god, underaged banned plz go

I wouldn't doubt many here were still shitting diapers at 2.

you jelly poorfag?

just who, do you think releases all this shit you download so eagerly ?

>believe me x86 has literally no future folks
By 1997 experts were already predicting the end of UNIX/RISC since the Pentium PRO was released and the Industry was already porting Unix software to NT.

>type "sex" into aol search
>hear mom opening the front door
>turn off pc with powerbutton

I was born

*father and grandmother running through the hospital, because the newborn me won't stop crying and I'm turning purple*

>be me
>be born

Wel-COME to COM-pew-serve

>indigo2 in 1997
>fast

*sucks your dick*

Is anyone going to the marketpro computer show this weekend? Can you get me a student copy of Windows 95b?

'97 played unreal tournament all night after school

>applelfags

Funny how they need Microsoft cash to say afloat, huh?

Fried eggs on a burger is like coming on a 12 year old girl's ass. It might sound tempting, but you just have to think about what you're doing for a second, and stop.

Will a Voodoo Banshee 16mb be enough for 60fps CS 1.5 @ 1024x768?

>banshee
What's that?

>simpsons reference
I bet that show wont last past the year 2000

Its getting stale at this point