APOLOGIZE

theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/2/1/16957594/iphone-x-apple-quarterly-report-review

Other urls found in this thread:

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/
engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/
9to5google.com/2018/01/30/vivo-xplay7-first-android-smartphone-10gb-ram/
youtu.be/qARozmOb9PY
theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress
archive.is/ZlmsT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>L-L-LOOK HOW MUCH PROFIT APUL MADE OFF ME
>I PAID OVER $1000 FOR THEIR $200 MADE IN CHINA CHINKTRASH
>LOOK HOW HARD I CAN TAKE IT UP MY ASS
lmao

>such a radical redesign
WOW THE SCREEN IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT SHAPE ON ONE SIDE!

wew lad

/thread

yeah everyone else charges fair and square prices on phones

iTODDLERS BTFO

Why do people do this? Just the other day at the library some guy brought his entire custom-built windows setup + a VR headset.
For what purpose?

oneplus doesn't have this problem

Pics or it didn't happen.

>$500 US
>still making 150-200% markup
>don't sell to carriers so no markup for them

i bet you're a retard that thinks apple makes $1000 each phone and the carrier gets nothing

/thread

>that subtle deflection from Apple

>caring about the products other people use
legitimately, why? why are you so buttblasted by this? do you think you're better than, say, /fa/gs who complain about the clothes other people wear? Because it affects you practically the exact same.

I'm actually butt blasted by how butt blasted some people get about other peoples choice in shit like cell phones. Do you think about cell phones all day, you fucking nerds?

yeah they just make up the difference by selling your credit card info lmao

>OP BTFO in 4 minutes flat

well xiaomeme at least has pretty low prices for their redmi lineup

>no support
>always a compromise
>have to import it
>borderline malware in the software

Oneplus just shits the bed in literally every other aspect

How will iToddlers EVER recover?

Unfortunatly the fact that they are slashing production is proof enough that it isn't.

The carriers and phone sellers stock and sell xiaomi in my country. It's still way cheaper to just order from the aliexpress chinks though.
It just werks out of the box for me, haven't noticed any 'malware' on my rn4.

>Millions of Xiaomi phones at risk of remotely installed malware
>Found Malware on my brandnew Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
>Security firm finds preinstalled malware on Xiaomi Mi 4
>Malware in Mi 5s detected
> who own a Xiaomi Mi4 smartphone started an investigation to know the purpose of a mysterious pre-installed app, dubbed AnalyticsCore.apk, that runs 24x7 in the background and reappeared even if you delete it.
>Xiaomi is one of the world's largest smartphone manufacturers, which has previously been criticized for spreading malware, shipping handsets with pre-loaded spyware/adware and forked version of Android OS, and secretly stealing users' data from the device without their permission.

Everyone agrees that this was a paid plant story to counter the news about lowered iPhone X projections, right?

as if you own your data. I don't mind the chinks having it in addition to whatever silicon valley companies already do and the government. You can't really escape the botnet, not with any smartphone.

How is that any different from what apple does?

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/

engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/

Apple is gay.

We’re thrilled to report the biggest quarter in Apple’s history, with broad-based growth that included the highest revenue ever from a new iPhone lineup. iPhone X surpassed our expectations and has been our top-selling iPhone every week since it shipped in November

Say it with me: 900B market cap

If users were loving it so far why did 80% of them return it?

>L-L-LOOK HOW MUCH PROFIT APUL MADE OFF ME
>I PAID OVER $1000 FOR THEIR $200 MADE IN CHINA CHINKTRASH
>LOOK HOW HARD I CAN TAKE IT UP MY ASS
lmao

>the verge

>courage
Removing the headphone jack is courage. And so is removing a bit of the screen.

What will they remove next?

>Apologize
>to the botnet that is literally connected directly and affiliated with the CIA

If any POOdroid maker had earnings even close to this, you'd lose your mind so hard that Terry would look sane.

I'm sorry Apple is gay.

>200 MADE IN CHINA CHINKTRASH
The oled display probably costs near that alone desu

What?

>S8s came out nearly a year before
>With generally better design
>I got an S8+ for $480 in November
At fucking most I'd pay like $550 for an iPhone X. The fact that they thought they could go ultra premium pricing on it for what are basically industry standard features (low bezels, OLED, etc) is ridiculous.

>has the best SoC on the market by a landslide
>uses proper facial recognition and has dedicated hardware for it
>3D Touch
>Made from steel instead of aluminium
>Uses "the hardest glass ever put in a smartphone" (I personally don't believe this one)
>Folded OLED display

There are lots of reasons why it costs so much,
I think at most I'd pay like 750, but 550 is just ridiculous

iPhones are low quality chinktrash that get BTFO by year old SD835. Deal with it iToddler.

lets bring out the benchmarks then
>b-b-b-b-but muh real life usage

Most phones are made in China

How much do you get paid to write something like this? Does anyone know?

Real world usage matter so little that Apple is being sued for slowing down their phones with updates

lets bring out the real life usage then
>>b-b-b-b-but muh useless artificial benchmarks

You can sue anyone for anything you want.

Apple hasn't been declared guilty of anything.

And they're adding an option to turn the slowdown off in 11.3, as someone who has the problem of it being too cold for my phone to operate properly (Moto, HTC, Samsung, Apple all suffer from it) it was actually a useful solution to keep my phone working. I understand that if I was somewhere warmer I'd be pissed off though.
Bad RAM management from iOS, no excuse for that on Apple's part. It's actually notoriously bad in 11, but again apparently fixed in 11.3. It doesn't mean that the SoC isn't faster

>It doesn't mean that the SoC isn't faster
>artificial benchmarks

how else are you meant to objectively measure how powerful a SoC is?

umm no sweetie, its fucking garbage and The Verge is an apple paid site.

t. posted from my iphone se

They literally admitted to throttling phones with updates before the class action lawsuit was even a thing

In real world use the iPhone X constantly overheats and thermal throttles even when insufficient RAM is taken into account.

Real world usage. There's no point to a powerful SoC if the RAM management sucks nigger dick and slows the phone down anyway

I though bad RAM management was supposed to be an Android thing and that iOS was supposed to be perfectly tailored for the device?

Their choices drive the market we're stuck in.

But that still doesn't mean it's not made up of some of the best hardware ever put in a phone, justifying 3/4s of it's price
there is nothing objective about real world usage, though you are completely correct about RAM management. Apple fucked up with iOS 11 and are being very slow to fix it. Many many people have complained about the poor experience that they've had (myself included) with it. Android manufacturers have -kinda- solved the problem by going "throw more RAM at it" like VIVO who are apparently releasing a phone with 10GB of RAM. 9to5google.com/2018/01/30/vivo-xplay7-first-android-smartphone-10gb-ram/

Except the constant overheating and thermal throttling problem is so bad it causes it to have slower real world performance compared to some chinkshit phone. Literally.

youtu.be/qARozmOb9PY

>filename
rly makes u think

Samsung accomplished a better effect by being incredibly creative. The s8 is one of the sexiest fucking phones. Too bad it has bad support for 'hacking". S8 with lineage would be heaven

use library wifi
only happens to old people tho cause i was talking to some old people about my shitty wifi and they kept saying just go to the library and use their wifi
they say the library's wifi is strong and fast enough to job hunt with lmao

This is the level of technical reviews at the Verge. They always pick recommendations based on design and brand exclusiveness, because they're a bunch of hipsters.

I showed this guy's pick as the best wireless headphones to a sound professional who designs actual sound environments for studios and he laughed his ass off. He said this Savov guy's choice is typical of people who like to buy vanity products, to show how much money they have, even though those headphones are technically inferior to others that cost 60% of their price.

How fast it runs the real world software that you use

Applets BTFO

That headline is so obviously sarcastic it hurts.
And what hurts even more is the fact that you didn't catch it.

>Remove defining button.
>Add notch because you're trying to do something that can't be done properly to your customers satisfaction, therefore half assing it.
>Copy Blackberry gestures almost exactly.
>Same ol' tired OS.
>Up-charge for fast charging adapter for some unknown reason but actually cause Judaism
>Standard iPhone drawbacks apply

Oooooh wow they by-default did it because Apple.

Whatever.

poe's law niBBa

"I can totally see myself making the necessary adaptations to live happily with an iPhone X as well. You just have to get used to avoiding Face ID’s few weak spots, buy a pair of wireless headphones, and acquire a fancy leather case for it."
"Consider that this is a device whose starting price outside the US is even higher, starting at $1,400 or more, and it can inch close to $2,000 once all the necessary accessories are factored in."
Get a better article, iFag.

>muh mastapiece

how new are you?

here's a link to the actual article:
theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress
here's a quote from that article:
"This is the sort of casual misogyny that stops women from entering certain scientific fields. They see a guy like that on TV and they don't feel welcome."
the headline is not sarcastic
the article is not satire

what the fuck is this shit? this is considered intelligent and funny? you fucking kids are retarded

Get AIDS you prancing lala homo.

I have news for you

People who bet on a losing product will find all manner of ways to compare things or declare that a comparison isn't an accurate outcome.
In reality it's that they are similar things trying to do same things in different ways, so you can measure their efficiency and performance by determining the difference in the outcome of the similar task.

Open an app, load a web page. One does it faster than another, so the experience is greater. Average out the similar app performance and you will have one better than another.
If you're measuring based on power usage, one will be more efficient than another.
So depending on what you care about, a benchmark may mean a phone is preferable than another.
If you're looking at overall comparisons, you'll find that one may overall score higher than another.

is there a single verge blogger that's not either a soyboy or an sjw? other than the pajeet in chief

>liking American products is soy now
WEW

>iTerrorists
>most anti-american numale corporation on the planet
>"""""""""""""american"""""""""""""""""""""

>apple
>not soy

He's right you know. Stay cucked iToddler.

Nice
t. Soy.jpg

>defending reddit: the phone on Sup Forums
Hello pajeet

archive.is/ZlmsT

ahahahahaha you fucking retard

The double irish flip.. hmm.. it sounds like a sex position. Thats apple for you, "pioneering" their innovative moves.

For what?
I still think it's garbage

They're mostly old people aren't they?
Why would old people go through all the trouble of dragging their iMacs and peripherals to a local coffee shop?

>Takes an article from "The Verge" seriously
>mummie's good boi

I personally know Savov. He's as nu as they come

>one of the worst looking bezeless designs with rounded edges like it's a toy.
>notch that gets in way of horizontal phone usage
>no home button
>no fingerprint sensor
>retarded swipes and gestures
>blurry portrait mode
>face detection made as a compromise cause no touchid
>constantly riddled with bugs and issues
>doesn't work when cold
>no headphone jack
>all of that for just $1000 starting price

ok i admit.
I have an iphone x. Although the phone is good.
I hate apple.
I hate apple.
I hate that company that makes $800 per X sale
I hate that company that lives off "simple design" and "law of luxury goods" which basically applies to all poor humans since they are all want to be rich, Being rich is way forward and associating with luxury is only way.
I hate apple that capitalize this simple fact.
I hate we humans are worthless.

This

My brother has one. It's a great phone frankly but the price puts it way out of my consideration.

Is it still the case that UI updates get realtime priority in iOS? So that it doesn't even recognize user input, unless the previous animation has finished?

Even if you had $1,000 to blow why the fuck would anyone unironically buy one?

oneplus 5T:
>$500
>faster performance
>8GB RAM/128GB Internal
>3,300 mAh battery (0-60 in 30 min)
>~1080p amoled screen
>dual 16MP cameras
>rarely overheats and thermal throttles

iPhone X:
>$1,000
>slower performance
>3GB RAM/64GB Internal
>2,717 mAh battery (0-40 in 30 minutes)
>~1080p amoled screen
>dual 12 MP cameras
>constantly overheats and thermal throttles

Apple in a nutshell

I want the op5t but I could see why someone who likes iPhonea might get an iPhone X also I think you have some of the facts wrong. The res is higher than 1080p, the battery lasts a long time and the A11 in the iPhone X blows any Android cpu out of the water in raw performance not to mention just how smooth and fast it is on iOS. Also never seen the phone overheat. I don't think that's a problem with the IPX