Does your country have a charcuterie culture?

Does your country have a charcuterie culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

manualdohomemmoderno.com.br/culinaria/curitiba-vai-ganhar-o-seu-primeiro-acougue-vegetariano
youtube.com/watch?v=XXDXBFApevg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that's haram

We have this.

I thought this only exists in Germany and Austria.

Wtf I love Spain now!

>I thought this only exists in Germany and Austria.

Wait I thought it was mostly a latin thing. This shit is really big in France and Italy too.

how did it become "balooney"?

Yes, it's very popular in France and every region have her own specialities.
Most popular foreign charcuterie here is mosty italian charcuterie (pancetta, coppa, prosciutto, salami)
You also can find chorizo everywhere, but unfortunately other spanish charcuterie are less common. German charcuterie is a thing but less popular, and often low cost.

This reminds me the vegetarian "charcuterie" (>implying) we got this year:
manualdohomemmoderno.com.br/culinaria/curitiba-vai-ganhar-o-seu-primeiro-acougue-vegetariano

Anyway, yes - we stole some chacuterie tradition. At least here in Curitiba it's easy to find
>Gaucho: charque (salted and dried meat)
>Italian: two or three kinds of salami, mortadella, presunto (prosciutto cotto)
>Iberian: morcilha escura (blood sausages), morcilha branca (Iberian head cheese), lingüiça (equivalent to Portuguese chouriço)
>Polish: queijo de porco (head cheese - and yes, it does taste different from morcilha branca), salame cracóvia (Krakow sausage)
>German: vina alemã (Wiener sausage), salsicho (Frankfurter sausage), vina "normal" (hot dog sausage)

>vegetarian "charcuterie"

we can beat that

>vegan cheese
Those fuckheads can't even market their own ideology without looking like idiots. I mean, plenty stuff they eat is fine, like tofu and seitan, but it tastes NOTHING like cheese.

no, we didn't have the climate for it traditionally. feels bad man. ofc there are hipsters making some, but mainly it's european stuff you'll find here.

Yeah it's fucking weird that they take the same names for something completely different, as if they missed meat, really makes you think

yes

Where else would we sell all the different kiełbasa?

lol

Yeah but it's mostly copied from either Spain, Germany or Italy.

Stop triggering me, here's a pic I took in a market here

>top second from right
How does mare cheese taste like?

>Cheese

It's mare meat actually

Actually I confused chèvre/goat with cheval/horse, nevermind. Sorry.

Yes

There is a large choice: duck meat, mare meat, boar meat, regular pork, smoked, goat cheese, roquefort, mushroom, hazelnut, and chilli pepper
Also some good ham outside the picture
France cuisine is known for fancy things but this kind of food is very popular everywhere in the country

>Not Jamon.
>Or Ibericos in general.
I pity France then.

Where else are you supposed to buy beef?
I mean, I've seen lazy tards that buy at supermarkets when it's late af and no butcher shop is open. Otherwise the whole """"""beef"""""" asile is empty.

You only need France and some Slav for the holy quints of meat lore.

No, we have Soviet-style counters in markets with meat approved by government agencies. Of course you can hunt and produce all kinds of delicious things but for most people its kyrsä, metukka and lenkki.

No the jamon is easy to find (especially in the south with the proximity to Spain), but more expensive than our own hams that are excellent as well.

>I pity France
>Implying we need Spanish products with all the charcuterie and cheese we have

Both Spain and Italy produce top notch charcuterie but so do we

>Where else are you supposed to buy beef?
Charcutería no es lo mismo que carnicería...

The Jambon is more like Prosciuto no?And I know that I have tasted some top tier stuff from france,specially pates and sausages, never Jambon tough. Also what kind of pigs do you guys use/how raised are they? Apart of the white long pig used for his cheapness I mean. Also the most important regions for charcuterie? Like Parma for italy or Guijelo/Jabugo for Spain? I really like to learn about those things.

There's some Croatian influence here and there, mostly in the Extreme south or in the coastal cities. Not much french cuisine influence though.

It depends, we have both jambons, the one I posted is more like the Spanish one, but the one called "jambon de Paris" is more like prosciuto

>What kind of pigs do you guys use/how raised are they

I honestly don't know much, I know we don't have only the "regular" pig since I have saucisson from black pigs (pic related) in my fridge right now and there are other breeds (Corsica uses a black pig too but a hairier one)

>Most important regions for charcuterie

It depends on your tastes, pretty much every region has its specialties. The two regions that produces the most tho are Auvergne and Rhones-Alpes, both very mountainous.

Corsican wild pig

>Dat pork porking free.
Hnnnggg. Best way to raise them, whitu piggu is good for his cheapness but those guys taste miles better.
Mountain parts tend to have the best charcuterie, probably because the yeast/climate it was easier for the meat quality. Living in Catalunya every fucking hamlet seems to have some way to make the fuet/petado/secallona/llonganiza/buttifarra or sausage different. And that's without counting all the things we have lost with the time... Europe is a true foodie paradise.
So what's your preferred charcuterie item? I really love Bull (what the brasilian calls meat cheese). So fucking good alone or with bread.

It exists here as well. Usually as a part of these kinds of stores.

>Most important region for charcuterie

Well "per capita" it's probably Corsica, those guys really loved charcuterie.

Also like he said , charcuterie is still very popular everywhere in the country.

Not him but that's hard to pick one, so many good stuff. I really like corsican lonzo and coppa, bull is really cool too, we have a lot of them in Camargue they make sausisson with it.

Camargue is the place with the big white bulls no? I ever wanted to eat one. Seems Corsica is the nº1 in Pork in france. Also kinda of funny how the language we have for our charcuterie is nearly the same, latin heritage stronk I guess.

>So what's your preferred charcuterie item?

Andouillette is my weakness

>White bulls.
Nope black, white horses. The bulls look like Toros bravos, stronk auroch blood. I know a place than raised the white bulls with horses and all. Perhaps italy?

Literally like half of our diet.
The other half being potato.

Pretty sure every country makes sausage and aged meats.

Camargue is more famous for their horses
And their marshes youtube.com/watch?v=XXDXBFApevg

One time some faggot (an actual old homosexual) said the mold tastes like sperm. I threw the sausage away.

Wtf I hate Australia now.

don't beat yourself up, the only reason the french are posting ITT is because of Southern France. If it was left to this side of their country they wouldn't be posting fuck all.

Is that Reindeer sausage and jerky?

What is the word for that in english? As in just those like hams, chorizo, etc. It's embutido in spanish but I don't think english has a word for it that I know. Charcuterie is too generic.

Cold Cuts or Deli meats I think.