ITT:

We post our favorite phone nostalgia.

Pic related

Was super ugly but I was a huge fan of the Matrix at the time.

Nice I had one of those I sold it to a Matrix addict for $600 kek

The good ol' Taco phone that tried to be a portable game console.

T H I C C

would you believe someone stole this phone from me.... fucking Mexicans.

Mexicans Steal Tacophone from user, details at 11

I had the N-Gage QD with 1GB of MMC that comes with red faction guerilla. Iused that phone from launch until 2011 which I replaced with 5530. Never really had complains with the QD except the plastic band is weak.

>Morphin Time

Alwys wnted one :/

From a time when smart phones were for smart people

It was the first time i got a flagship phone. And it was totally worth it. It was amazing.
genuinely felt sad when the screen died 6 years later.

Fake.

>Normal Linux on mobile
>Physical keyboard
>Standoff
>Great camera
>Hot swappable battery
>USB OTG

It was too good to last

I love this one. I’m sad it stood working :(

phone design used to be cool, now they're all just black slabs

Buttons that you could press so hard that they slipped under the plastic and got stuck

>nostalgia
I still use one almost daily

>That screen to body ratio

I can't use mine because XMPP is dead, and everything I have to use for communication can't really work on it. I am waiting for Neo900

after i put my phone in the washer im now just thinking of saying fuck it alltogether and getting a prepaid dumbphone, it will be one less botnet thing im on and more than that it will make me more independent because my parents pay for my phone (im 20 thats not that old right)
before 2 days ago i used my phone everywhere, always on the internet and i use a fuckton of data.

i really don't know anything about this though, does prepaid data expire? or can I pay for some amount and then not use it until a year later? I'd want it purely for text messages and calls. that should be basically nothing. I mean it's just plaintext and shitty audio right?

Yes they usually expire in a month

well god damn it that's no good
some people are saying tracphone has plans that expire only after a year, that might be good.
also all the plans I'm looking at are in terms of "minutes", but what about text messaging?

first time i had ever taken apart electronics was installing the housing on this phone. over a decade later i'm still repairing electronics weekly for extra cash

these phones were so far ahead of their time. i wish wince would have gotten a lil bit better and caught on before android

Did Mexicans commonly own this phone or something? The only person I ever knew with it was a Mexican girl in elementary school

thick as a brick, though

I CAME HERE TO POST THIS ONE

this was my fuckn boy back in the day

Nokia C3 Blue

aye what a good phone

still using this as a backup phone

My favorite old phone.

Have one of those still. 10/10 phone
Custom ROM and the works.

Laggy as hell though.

>smart people
>types out the full path to dial instead of setting up an alias or script to do it

Galaxy fucking Ace. First "Smartphone" I ever owned, was a fucking trooper. Still works. And the ting's a fucking brick too, I've thrown this thing on to concrete from two stories up, back panel and battery popped out. Put them back in and it booted like nothing ever happened.

The pinnacle of smartphone design

Was she cute?

Sort of intermediate between a feature phone and a smartphone. There was a camera phone ban in place in the campus, they'd catch me using and I'd act like it's a dumb phone and get off everytime lol. Metal body, 3.2mp camera with xenon flash in the days of 2mp cameras,accelerometer, 3g, decent audio quality. Had a 4gb m2 which had like 700 songs, 50 music videos, motion enabled video games etc. Lot of girls would talk to me just to get their pictures taken. Back in 09 this this shit was like magic trick lol.

Are you me?

Semen Ass

Beautiful design

Had a P990i, fucking loved that thing, but it was temperamental, used to randomly just crash and restart.

Running a Doom emulator on it was the shit back then.