Hey, any of you have nostalgia and have a fondness for Mac OS 9?

Hey, any of you have nostalgia and have a fondness for Mac OS 9?

I was wondering, this may be a stretch but would there ever be a possibility of an open source of revival of the os for x86.

Apple is gay.

hell yeah I'd be interested in contributing to something like that
>inb4 I'll make the logo

You're probably better off doing a linux thing to make the applications look like mac OS9.
It probably would be quite a nice improvement to the system.

>fagos9
THREE DECADES
ONE HARDWARE PLATFORM

Mac OS is a nice OS. I have never had a problem with the OS. It is much better than older versions of Windows. Great for retro gaming. Glider Pro is fantastic. I'm waiting for OS9Lives to get Mac OS 9 to get to work on the G4 Mac Mini's. I am willing to run it on my Mac Mini or beta test drivers and whatnot to get it to work. I just want to play Glider Pro again.

Mac OS 9*

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

It just werks.

Wrong.

Can’t believe that PowerBook is nearly old enough to order a drink. That design still looks great.

i think this may indicate a problem with the user.

os9 was shit, it had very poor multitasking and would crash frequently, though UI was pretty good, far better than windows 98.

>mac user
Found your problem.

That Powerbook G4 Titanium actually looks pretty classy with that OS version. The narrow bezels and the readable screen made me assume the photo's a mockup

OP here, I was talking about legacy Mac OS. Not the modern Mac autist shit.

Oh, excuse me, I didn't know you were talking about legacy mac autist shit.

>I was wondering, this may be a stretch but would there ever be a possibility of an open source of revival of the os for x86.
Even if they opened the classic System/Mac OS source, nobody with more than an incoherent, fuzzy whitewashed memory of using it as a kid would try to revive easily one of the worst things about 68k and PowerPC Macs. The operating system was pure garbage, about as bad as Windows 9x or DOS but with a nicer skin on top and a great application base to redeem it.
Retro Linux themes always look like shit. Just emulate it.

I remember Apple software pre-X being a pile of steaming garbage.
It made Windows 9x look functional. NT blew it the fuck out.

It wasn't until 10.2-10.3 that Macs became functional and reliable computers.

Would be pretty neat if they open sourced it along with A/UX

I do have a fondness for old macs as they are pretty much the only things we had in school since I was little. But seriously, OS 9 is fucking shit. If you want to nostalgiafag with it, just get an old mac and some install media off ebay or at a garage sale.

Apple has been absolute garbage after Wozniak stopped developing the systems

Write it on your own. I dont care.