If you could force a distro on a fortune 100, which would it be?

Sup Sup Forums , I'm going to be doing Linux / Network Scripting & Security training at a major, fortune 100 company in a few days. I basically have been given my own department at this company and can kind of do whatever I want.

I am wanting to get a pre-configured virtual box image to distribute to my trainees. The primary language I'm going to be training them on is Python, however we still are going to have a large amount of legacy C++ / Java that will need to be worked on.

If Sup Forums could force a room full of electrical / computer engineers switch from windows to linux and teach them Python, what would your image look like? Distro? DE ? Add ons to the DE?

Pic Related, I like the icon / terminal setup. Not sure what the dock is, and the background image will probably be a corporate logo. I could probably hide some Sup Forums related messages in the background if you guys gave me some ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

9gridchan.org
xfce-look.org/p/1099618/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gentoo

>someone bikeshedding this hard apparently got a job

Parabola base install. LXQT/LXDE on top of that. FF. Vim. That's all they need.

tempting, but I want it to be adopted and not rejected immedately, tempted to do manjaro

Debian+i3wm

Source Mage

>bikeshedding
I'm a technical trainer, bikeshedding is my job

parkinson props and checked

Fedora. Definitely Fedora.

I am thinking debian or ubuntu base as that is what most of this shit gets deployed to these days

Use stock Ubuntu like a normie and be done with it.

Windows 10 with hyperguard enabled and unprivileged users for local machine access

Use Windows 10's Linux subsystem - easy as fuck. You don't even have to force them to switch to anything.

In all honesty, this is probably going to happen. I'm lazy as fuck, it's almost guaranteed compatible with apps, and Sup Forums is short on DE recommendations.

Hard for me to pre-configure their environment. Installing some tools, like GSN is a real bitch. I want to train them on how to use it, not how to fight with the install for a day.

wallpaper please

i also use xfce-terminal and paper icons. good taste

Definitely force them on to Plan 9 and point them to the public Sup Forumsrid. rio is the only gui choice as is tradition.

will deliver wall paper if you can give me some good dock / icon package for xfce that might match that

This. Year of the 9P networks.

manjaro i3

what fucking distro is that?

thanks, didn't know the name of the icon package used there. Think i'm going to build this up from a ubuntu server install or maybe manjaro?

Thoughts?

Sup Forumsrid is back, it must be the year of the 9p

9gridchan.org

Do Void Linux please so you can force a non-systemd distro. Sup Forums will be very happy

Any FSF approved distro. Might as well shill for them.

If you have the latitude/funding/power to choose, go with RedHat. I know a lot of their design choices suck, but with paid support you can always lean on/point the finger back at them. And *expect* support since its paid for.

Came here to post this.

If you don't choose Debian or red hat you're gonna have a bad time

Debian stable, openSuse leap, or CentOS

>force a distro on a fortune 100
temple os, absolutely no doubt.
all transactions must be done though compiling a program written in holy c that was made specifically for that single transaction.

Antegros with KDE, try it out for yourself, no Sup Forums meme is applicable to the real world: Arch doesn't break every day and KDE doesn't crash every 10 minutes. I've been using my antegros KDE for both my laptop and desktop for the past 8 months and I *literally* have not had a single issue

Xfce all the way all day anyway

Thats my desktop lol!
>dock is planky with numix theme
>Icons are paper theme
>Logo icon is gaia devine from deviant art
And I can let you know that a lot of distos allow you to customize their os and repackage their distro with selected software and themes. I did it for (pic related), which is an older machine I use for mining.

Fedora also has a 'python classroom' bundle, which is ironically what I use to teach children python. It comes with both legacy and python 3.x along with several useful ide's. That in your pic is fedora 27.

But your best option is to customize some distro (any will work for learning) and make your own disk image with all the python tools preinstalled.

Makes me happy to see someone liked my desktop :).

I have to boot my laptop for that wallpaper, hang tight!

ME again! Here:
xfce-look.org/p/1099618/

debian stretch with Gnome

Its my modded version of fedora!

Its my desktop. Let me do the delivaring. . .

Use Xubuntu.
It's the better Ubuntu.

Anything except antergos with gnome is 100% cringe

No AUR is deal breaker. Gnome is the only DE comparable to Mac OS

Your desktop is prime jerk material my man. Me and a few IRL friends have modeled after it.

Gnome is cancer

I'd probably pick KDE Neon for stability and noob friendlyness.

>openSuse
>Ubuntu
>Debian
Sadly OP, most EE/CEs aren't as autistic as we would have liked them to be.
Slap some KDE on that shit and pray to the omnissiah some idiot won't lose a finger or drive you nuts with retarded questions.
Don't hide any easter eggs, memes, or anything. Boring is good. boring doesn't get you fired. If you give a presentation, maintain a ratio of 1 cute animal picture / 15 minutes.
Try to focus on how it will make their work better, easier, and more effective, and less on the fact that it looks cool. Make it some after-hours activity if you care.
Welcome to corporate

OpenBSD with CDE

this
gentoo lmao
would be interesting to see what happens to the company.

Redhat desu

debian + kde of course.
I regret wasting 15 years of my life on gentoo and tiling wms.

CentOS is the obvious option. Fedora if you want to be a bit more 'cool'