Skype encryption

What are your thoughts on "Private Conversations"?
It is a new feature being introduced by skype backed by Signal Protocol.

Is skype seeing the light? Or is this going to be a sham?

Skype is dead ruined by an asshole profiteering corporations
>ads
>platfirm locked
>dogshit support
>freezes win new win10 interface
>gives a memory error in standalone app
it will go down the way of Interned explorer killed by Discord and other

Microsoft killed Skype the moment they purchased it.

It's, hands down, the worst video messaging application in popular use. I honestly don't know how they managed it.

Enjoy your NSA backdoor.

But despite these problems and downsides, do you think this encryption could reflect a turning point?

No.

Too little too late, nobody's going to go back to Skype because they start wagging the newest buzzwords

Plus "Privacy" and "Microsoft" don't mix

skype already backdoors the client

So why does Skype not work on anything outside of a Windows machine?

I would have thought it would be nice to have a platform like skype work on smart TV's and everything, but Microsoft apparently decided smart TV's shouldn't be allowed to have that as an option.

What are you talking about? There are released for Linux, Android, iOS, mac and more.

It may have end to end encryption, but that doesn't mean microsoft can't add a deterministic seed before the RNG function for key generation.

It's funny when brainlets eat up end to end encryption like it makes the slightest difference in proprietary software.

Get an open source SIP client with ZRTP enabled if you want end to end voice/video RTC. Use OTR over XMPP for IM. End of story.

No. They killed the fuck out of it when they moved away from peer to peer computing.

whats the point of weaking e2e when microsoft can just insert the nsa backdoor/read your messages and resell data to advertisers at the endpoint itself?

any "encryption" in proprietary software is just a honeypot

OTR is deprecated and clunky, use OMEMO.

It can't be proved that the implementation wasn't tampered with, just like WhatsApp.

Signal lost all trust since they started sucking their balls and promoting them.

>What are your thoughts on "Private Conversations"?

You mean "private between you, the one you talk to and the NSA".

no its shit, its private but MS and NSA have encryption keys so in reality its not really private

PRISM
PRISM
PRISM

>inb4 PRISM

How can I use Skype for business as a private person? The new skype UI is dog shit.

If it isn't open source it's pointless.

more like:
end-microshaft-end encryption

Download Skype classic. It's at the bottom of the Windows download list on ms website. Mimics the last acceptable Skype style and actually works unlike the newer designs.

Skype for Business is god-tier corporate messaging system, though

besides conversations what uses it?

What do you faggots think about truecrypt? Its pretty much industry standard now.

P.S - Skype has a voice to text feature which relays all of your conversations to a server owned by Jews.

>Skype has a voice to text feature
pretty sure voice gets uploaded to microsoft's server where the machine learning algorithm converts it to text

but yeh they're probably saving it anyway and is probably parsed by the NSA for keywords. just saying.

>Skype for Business is god-tier
really nigger? have you ever used it for more than 5 minutes? even corporate drone normies find it annoying. it's slow, has weird problems with text formatting and message synchronization and it's kind of unreliable when you most need it. at this point, even normal skype seems to work better than skype for business/lync. also, i heard it's going to be replaced my microsoft teams.

>really nigger? have you ever used it for more than 5 minutes?
nah i've only been using it for the last 5 years.

>it's slow, has weird problems with text formatting
i've never had any issue with its speed. and what text formatting? are you bolding your words and shit in skype conversations? are you a faggot?
>also, i heard it's going to be replaced my microsoft teams.
okay

its integration with outlook is awesome. its skype meeting functionality is awesome (setting up virtual meeting rooms where you just double click from your outlook calendar to join the meeting), etc. nothing else has that much functionality. period.

>and what text formatting? are you bolding your words and shit in skype conversations? are you a faggot?

after spending 30 minutes trying to decide which emoji to send and taking 6 coffee breaks, chad mcnormie copies large text from microsoft(r) word(tm) 2013 and tries to paste it into skype, lync.exe crashes.
chad macnormie proceeds to call microsoft mexican it help desk, who has no clue on how to solve it.
chad macnormie then receives two copies of the lost conversation on his microsoft(r) outlook(tm) 2013 inbox.
it's time for another coffee break, business life continues.

all right microfag, everything is awesome.

>after spending 30 minutes trying to decide which emoji to send and taking 6 coffee breaks, chad mcnormie copies large text from microsoft(r) word(tm) 2013 and tries to paste it into skype, lync.exe crashes.
i've done this maybe 500 times and not once has it ever fucked up for me. sounds like you're a retard.
>chad mcnormie
have you never reviewed requirements documentation? what kind of fucking code monkey faggot are you?

>have you never reviewed requirements documentation? what kind of fucking code monkey faggot are you?

only a few xmpp clients sadly, i know gajim also supports it. i'd use it if it was better supported

It will probably be trivial to circumvent due to atrocious pajeet coding.