How do we stop retards like this taking down commercial airliners?

How do we stop retards like this taking down commercial airliners?
Jammers? Anti-drone weapons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yDI7PBFmQf4
youtube.com/watch?v=XZtfRHkjoYU
diydrones.com/m/blogpost?id=705844:BlogPost:2330166
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A bullet

backstory?

Fake and gay. Stop trying to rally an army against your bully faggot.

In the world of drones, you have faggots like this who do dangerous flying for instagram and youtube hits.
This idiot claims he "found an SD card" and uploaded the footage in the hope of getting likes and views. Now he's going to prison for being the absolute retard that he is.

Google his name and you'll see he's a dickhead.

Many airports utilize falcons to prevent bird strikes, I wonder if they will start utilizing them for drones as well.

Best solution

The bird would get blended up by these racing drones.

Falcon drones.

That's a nasty injury.

I wonder how difficult it would be to train them to attack from the below.

Another solutions would be to shoot them out of the sky with high power lasers, that would be expensive though.

>falcon
>attack from below
do you even know how falcons work?

Or you know, maybe it's time to make commercial airplanes resistant to flying tiny ass pieces of plastic and metal, which I'm sure they already are otherwise any bird would be able to crash a flight.

What's wrong with this? The military has drones and can use them anywhere so can civilians.

>The military has drones and can use them anywhere so can civilians.
Spot the libtard.

they're made out of carbon fibre and weigh 1 pound, they'll cause a lot of damage in an impact

Whoops I'm retarded

Pic is a drone laser.

What fucked his face up?

A racing drone, the propellers spin at about 5000 fpm and are very sharp

I kinda want to see a retard causing a plane crash with 300 people dead with his drone so that all civillian drones will be seized by the government at gun point.

I had it with these assholes flying them dangerously close to people in public parks.

>implying the jews will ever allow their trendy toys to go out of the market any time soon

Why would you need extra measures, obviously the system already works. The guy in OP is probably looking at a hefty fine and most likely jail time.

>Boeing Military
So, it costs 5 times more than exact same thing from Northrop or Raytheon, but never works?

This is probably why wars involving airplanes will get a lot harder.
Just fly a drone into the turbine and game over.

>Just fly a drone into the turbine and game over.
You know that planes usually have multiple engines, right? Bird strikes happen pretty frequently without planes falling from the sky for that reason.

Here is the original
youtu.be/yDI7PBFmQf4

They are already abandoning it. It just doesn't work.
I think in Europe, only French army still maintained some of them, but it's just to justify the early spending.

Who added that cringy Rick&Morty shit on to that? Holy shit, I want to kill the current generation so bad with a flamethrower.

>Just fly a drone into the turbine and game over.
Yeah, game over for the drone.

Couldn't they just put bars over the engines?

Indeed, you probably would need a drone cloud of sorts.
That's part of the plan, yes.

That would seriously mess up the airflow.

Yeah, I think it's a great idea to interrupt airflow in an airplane.

>drone cloud of sorts.
Just like a flock of birds, that would be easily detectable on radar and air traffic control would simply diverge any traffic away from it.

I think drones actively targetting an airplane would behave different than a flock of birds just passing by.

Did you watch a different video?

I've seen places that use nets shot from guns to take down drones
It tangles the props and it drops out of the air like a rock
Problem is that drones can go much higher than the nets can be launched

The point isn't how they behave, the point is that they would be detected. We're not talking about Stinger missiles able to reach Mach 2 here, we're still talking about consumer grade drones using propellers for propulsion.

i have better idea, put bars inside of the engine
(insert lenny face here)

He's referring to the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=XZtfRHkjoYU

To someone who has never watched the show it sounds just like generic, low-fi, hip music. There is nothing about it suggesting that it has anything to do with that TV show and its edgy obnoxiousness that is associated with it. It's ironic that he complains about a show being like that, but then proceeds to behave in an equally obnoxious manner.

The system now mostly requires people to be idiots an incriminate themselves.

It disrupts airflow and when the drone impacts the bars it will likely shatter into pieces that'll damage the engine anyway.

>To someone who has never watched the show it sounds just like generic, low-fi, hip music
The cancer that is R&M is all about inside jokes though. Obviously jumping on to a counter and screaming "I'm pickle rick" seems like madness to someone who's never watched the show too, but it's all about the inside jokes.

>The system now mostly requires people to be idiots an incriminate themselves.
And only idiots would be stupid enough to try to disrupt airline traffic. I don't see the problem here.

And how did you recognize that so quickly?
Found the Rick & Morty watcher

Mandatory ADSB for all DJIshits

ADSB-in too so if an actual plane comes too close they can fall out of the sky

These cancerous quadcopter loving manchildren are the worst. These types of rich fucks with more money than interests that came from their childhood is why we get dumb shit like gourmet peanut butter and jelly places in Bellevue

I don't know if you're living under a rock, but it's literally impossible to not have seen that meme before if you lurk Sup Forums... That's why he is reacting so negatively to it in the first place, it's a fucking meme...

There's a difference between recognizing the characters of a TV show and recognizing obscure music used in a specific scene in a show.

Even if the thing had an explosive, got sucked into an engine and shredded it completely, it wouldn't cause a crash. Big airliners are sturdy thing.

I had it with these assholes flying them dangerously close to people in public parks
Some guy used to do this in the park which is near my place but then a bunch of niggers whacked his drone down with a stick and took off with the wreckage

>he missed one of the most cancerous memes on Sup Forums from around three years ago
I guess everyone has to be a newfag at some point user. There's no need to get your panties in a twist over it though, in fact you should be happy to have avoided it all together.

Drones aren't more dangerous than bird impacts. Pic related is what happens when a drone is fired from a cannon.
diydrones.com/m/blogpost?id=705844:BlogPost:2330166
Birds are expensive to train. That drone went from air to not airliner in seconds, good luck deploying birds in time.
Lasers are expensive too, good luck covering literally all of the area around an airport in lasers or putting weapons grade laser systems on every airliner. The israelis have had a laser based IR missile system intended to protect aircraft by blinding the missile. This isn't even powerful enough to hurt the missile, but it still ended up being too expensive for anyone.

Of course one could also lead the laser to the plane to blind the pilot or cause heat damage.

Drones are a good thing though. As Orwell once said:
>> ages in which the dominant weapon is expensive or difficult to make will tend to be ages of despotism, whereas when the dominant weapon is cheap and simple, the common people have a chance. Thus, for example, tanks, battleships and bombing planes are inherently tyrannical weapons, while rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons.

Drones have the potential to tilt the balance of power back to the people rather than the state.

>I kinda want to see a retard causing a plane crash with 300 people dead with his drone so that all civillian drones will be seized by the government at gun point.
Ah, the land of the free, where drones will be taken by force but legal, registered civilian-owned guns that kill literal thousands every year are muh freedumbs.

why do you retards think all drones are made out of flimsy plastic like those cancerous DJI drones? this was a CARBON FIBRE RACING DRONE

Aren't those Israeli anti-missile systems mounted in the airplanes themselves?

A drone wont take down a commercial airliner, the worst you could do is fly it into the engine which would really be no worse than a bird strike, you'd likely lose the engine.

All commercial airliners can land with 1 engine down and they're only at an altitude drones can reach when they're taking off or landing so they'd be near an airport.

Obviously what he did was fucking stupid and it's a good thing to dish out harsh punishments, but he's not going to fly a tiny drone into a plane and make it explode or something silly like that, there's really tiny risk.

>Have to register with the feds to use a god damn radio
>don't have to register firearms
it's burgerlogic ain't gotta explain shit.

I kinda want Amazon delivery drones to be the culprit desu.

OMG are you serious?!? Maaan that must be some tough piece of equipment! I sure am glad it didn't hit that plane, would've probably torn it in half!

The only place a bird strike is catastrophic on a typical airliner is the engine intake. All is required is some £5 chicken wire to cover the intake and it's all cushy, the airliner can plough through hordes of drones for fun. You can't just point fingers at drone flyers and say they're the ones responsible for the safety of airliners when all it takes is five fucking quid to weld some shit chicken wire over then engine intake and Bob's your uncle.

I know that it won't be £5 chicken wire, but it also won't be drastically expensive for companies like Boeing to cover the gaping, one-hit-kill, holes on their planes with some object stopping mesh in order to protect passengers from what is becoming a common hazard.

My favourite Burgerlogic is walking down a street with your rifle out is cushy but you better not cross the road until the green man shows or you're off in the slammer. I'm sad that I can't walk about with my rifle out in England but I am glad I can cross the road as and when I please. It's a funny old world.

>And only idiots would be stupid enough to try to disrupt airline traffic. I don't see the problem here.
A smarter person might be able to get the footage and hide who actually filmed it.

>airline sues dronefag for several million dollars in repair bills and lost profit from grounding the airliner
would want to see.

Implying the government won't just dump tonnes of flouride into the drinking water in that area to make the guy who did it come forward because mind control

wow

what do you think happens when a drone hits your chicken wire?

protip: its gonna either rip the chicken wire and end up inside the engine, or break the drone into pieces which will also end up inside the engine

would a high speed collision into the fuselage not present some risk of a puncture and subsequent decompression?
the skin isn't all that thick is it?
I don't know much about the characteristics of plane fuselage but I can't imagine what is essentially a projectile flying into it couldn't cause at least some risk of bringing it down

> place mesh over engine intake
> destroy laminar airflow into engine
> wreck fuel economy
> if something big enough hits mesh, the entire fucking thing is ingested, not just the object that hit
> if mesh is made big enough to stop everything up to a mini copper, even more damage to fuel economy via turbulent intake air + extra weight
> prices for tickets go up even more because fuel burn
> know nothing shit for brains like you whinge when your parents can no longer afford to take you to disneyland

Please do continue oversimplifying things engineers have been considering since the first bypass turbines were strapped to a wing though..

Oh yeah, non laminar airflow is a great way to kick off compressor stalls as well, which can literally blow the guts of the engine right out through the intake..

Okay, it won't be mesh, but more like a grate. The engines are powerful enough nowadays that they can overcome the airflow difference.

My dude the airlines are literally changing what paper they put in their magazines because the total weight-drop allows them to save fuel and you think theyre gonna want to put more shit in front of their engines instead of blaming the retards actually flying toys into their planes?

>I don't understand how planes work

yea, but it has boeing badging

It's a song by Blonde Redhead

Unironically death penalty

> oh yeah, lets strap on something even heavier still
No you stupid cunt, a jet engine needs undisturbed airflow, period. Lrn2turbine engine.

How about you just stop being an entitled faggot pretending to know what he's taking about so he doesn't need to take any responsibility and can continue pretending he owns everything he can lay his eyes on, and respect the fact that sometimes, you need to give way to other peoples shit? It's a giant fucking planet user. Go find somewhere else.

Its a real song by a real band that was on the show.
Retards that suposedly hate the show but can somehow place and identify music that was on a single episode of the show are .. well the previous part of this sentance speaks for itself. They guy is a goof and actually watches the show he bitches about.

Why are lasers the first to go to for taking down drones?
Why not just shoot the bitch with a rifle?

Bullets are cheap.

>projecting this hard
Sorry that I had the idea first. I'll be taking this up directly with Boeing and you'll see.

Aye maybe, but plane manufacturers and operators have a responsibility to adapt to changing hazards. You can't pin all responsibility on the dickheads flying drones in to planes - dickheads are inherently irresponsible. The area in which a plane/drone collision is likely is at low altitude and low speed on approach to or departure from an airfield. It could well be a folding mechanism built in to the engine shell itself which you deploy on landing or takeoff and stow when the plane is outside the area of danger. I'm fully aware of my oversimplification and I'm fully aware it won't be a an absolutely guarantee of engine protection. I'm also aware of the financial implications it would have as it increases the weight and complexity of the aircraft, but if people are bothered enough by the increasing chances of a catatrophic drone strike then someone needs to do something to keep passengers safe. Placing restrictions on drone flight don't work as an inherent property of the restriction existing, all they can do is dole out punishment after a collision has occurred by which point it's too late. Only the manufacturers and operators can take preventative action.

None of this conversation really matters anyway because the incidents are so few and far between that very few people give a fuck. I'm just saying that if a plane goes down because of this stuff there has to be responsibility placed on the manufacturers and operators and not just the cunt with the drone.

Stop pretending to be me you inbred spastic.

Bullets must come down.

I'm not pretending to be you cunt. I'm

Then I apologise.

>It could well be a folding mechanism built in to the engine shell itself which you deploy on landing or takeoff and stow when the plane is outside the area of danger.
> impede airflow to the engine during the times it is working it's hardest to provide thrust for takeoff.

I'd be looking in the mirror before you call anyone spastic user..

No dude, for what might be the 5th time, the airflow into the engine must be unobstructed to work properly, end of story. Turbine engines need that smooth airflow especially during takeoff. Your dronestrike guards just make the plane heavier and slower and less fuel efficient.

> the entire world should adjust how it works so I can play with my toys, abloo, abloo
How can be millennials be this stupid, yet somehow survive past their toddler years?

>hurr durr its time to change the laws of physics

go back

Some Mig models used stow-away intake protctors during takeoff and landing, which indicates that a turbine engine can function with them. I did state clearly that I am aware of the financial implications, but I also did state that if people give enough of a fuck about this then they have to like it or lump it.

The manufacturers and operators of a plane have a responsiblity to protect the passengers in that plane from common hazards. What you fail to understand here is that the manufacturers and operators are the only entities in a position to act preemptively, all other entities can only act after an incident has occurred. I don't think anyone should be flying their drones near airliners but I'm also aware that retards exist and will inevitably fly their drones near airliners. There's no possible way, short of removing people's freedom to fly their toys, of preventing a plane/drone collision short of having the manufacturers develop some method of protection.

Are you saying that a Blonde Redhead song was the biggest meme around here years ago?

>The only place a bird strike is catastrophic on a typical airliner is the engine intake. All is required is some £5 chicken wire to cover the intake and it's all cushy, the airliner can plough through hordes of drones for fun.
Wrong. Also, an airliner won't be lost from the loss of a single engine.

Chicken wire won't stop a drone from entering the engine, it will disintegrate it so the pieces enter the engine and still damage it.
It likewise wouldn't stop a bird.

Stop pretending you know anything about engineering.

>giving terrorists another weapon
rofl gg 1st world countries. hope you guys dont plan to get on a plane anytime soon

This here is a Mig29 landing with its engine protection up. I never said an airliner would be lost from the loss of a single engine, and if you bothered to watch OP video you'd know that at that speed the only place a bird strike would be catasrophic would be the engine. Airliners regulrly strike birds and continue on as normal, the only real place of concern is the engine.

No, the fuselage is actually fairly strong. Drones are really no more massive than birds especially in terms of mass, and there's hundreds of billions of birds on the planet and planes fly in to them all the time.

Just US planes alone there's been over 10,000 reported bird strikes but many more go unreported so this happens all the time, the engines and cockpit as well as other part of the plane are tested and strengthened to withstand strikes and have systems in place to safely disengage the engines and put out engine fires, almost all planes, certainly commercial ones have redundancy for engines, most will happily land with an engine out, in fact most will land with only a single engine left.

Obviously its stupid, dangerous, extremely expensive and all round completely retarded and people should be jailed for it, but I don't think its anything we should worry about any more than birds.

Well...unless people start strapping bombs to them.

Because prevention is better than waiting for some faggot to crash an airplane before punishing him.

That engine protection is to allow the fighter to operate on terrible runways.
There's a reason they don't use the top air intakes all the time.

Would using one of these also fuck with the airplane?

That music existed before Rick & Morty you dumb nigger. Just because it was used in a shitty Reddit show doesn't suddenly make it bad.

By reporting him to the aviation authorities so they can make a public example of him by both putting him in jail for 5 years and garnishing his income for $500,000 if he somehow gets a job when he's released.