Fuck watches

this thread is meant to discuss how pointless watches are, especially in THE CURRENT YEAR
i'll start: fuck watches, and especially fuck those reards that start a watch thread and don't use the subject field so they bypass my filters

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eZ8PI0WDp40
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

TLDR: OP is a butthurt faggot who had a watch problem when one of the 1 million problems affected his electronic soydevice that don't affect a proper quartz watch.

Streaming TV dongles
Voice assistants
Inkjet printers
Fitness trackers

>watch problem
i don't like putting shit on my wrist, you stupid hipster

Why? It gets in the way of your right girlfriend?

english is clearly your second language. so is mine, but at least with me it's not this obvious
you're not funny either

Give it up soyboy and go back to drinking your mother's milk.

I use mine to tell time. Easier than pulling my laptop out.

>ye who needs a a watch when u have muh smartphone
watches represent the starting point of technology, they are a classic piece of tech and the attention to detail that goes when crafting them is what makes them so special. plus they are aesthetic af

I fall into the watches are for faggots camp.

I've quite literally never met a man that wears a watch that I didn't immediately dislike.

I automatically view people who wear watches as superficial. It's inevitable.

>feels the need to post arnold wearing a watch
whatever you say, fagboy

i have a nokia 515 in my pocket and i use a smartphone for browsing. i don't like smartphones

the only coworker that wears a watch is the new guy, and he also wears a gold chain on his hand. nobody likes this fucking guy, he's a dumbass

watches are a cool fashion piece which is why watch threads belong in /fa/ and not Sup Forums

>wear a cheap $120 rugged watch
>works for 3-4 years until I have to get the battery changed
>new battery is just a few dollars, servicing usually costs more than the part
>is totally waterproof far beyond what I use it for
>shower and sleep with it on and rarely take it off
>always have the time right on my arm without reaching in my pocket
OP is fucking retarded.

Sup Forums approved watches only

>sexualizes Arnold by calling others fagboys, thereby projecting his own closeted desire for Arnold's rod
Ayyyyy, the mistakes people make in arrogance and stupidity.

>watches represent the starting point of technology
I guess I'll just start carrying around a rock, because it shows how far we've come.

Do it, so you can fix those lanky soyboy hipster arms of yours.

i think you're the one who's projecting
go to /fa/

nowadays it's just a superficial fashion accessory
anyone who gives enough of a fuck to wear one is either a supersperg or an ego tripping cunt

Looking at your wrist has a different connotation than if you were looking at your phone

>projects his homosexual urges for Arnold on someone who posted a nondescript picture which ignited his closeted passions
>tries to project his projection onto others
Ayyyyyyyy, go find a boyfriend already cakeboy.

>Password Safe

is it autistic that i want one?

yeah, it makes you look gay and retarded to look at your wrist

>>nondescript picture
>>clearly wearing a watch, a homosexual accessory
whatever you say, bud

The fact that you think of male cocks whenever you see a watch, showcases your deepest desire to taste them.

When I have to go to a business meeting with some clueless fucks who I sell my overpriced services to I loan my friend's expensive watch because that impresses them.

Otherwise watches are pointless unless you're /out/.

I'd rather flick and look at my wrist for the time rather than pulling my phone out.

My watch broke about a year ago and I haven't replaced it yet. I constantly find myself looking at my wrist to get the time.

People who hate watches just don't understand how convenient they are. Plus, they double as a fashion accessory.

>they double as a fashion accessory
you are fucked in the head
>People who hate watches just don't understand how convenient they are
this is an opinion you have, and it's fucking wrong

Why do people on here hate watches so much? I get it if you think they're obsolete, but that doesn't explain why people hate them with a burning passion and the other arguments all boil down to
>hurr, watches are gay

because you homosexuals don't use the subject line in your shitty watch threads, for one thing

I asked why you hate watches and not about the guys making those watch threads.

It's one closeted homosexual NEET who is hating.
Notice how every time he posts the IP count doesn't change and a new IP isn't registered.
Ah who am i kidding to expect people to use Sup Forums X properly.

I'm not just talking about this thread. I saw such discussions many times on various boards.

i don't wear accessories, jewelry, shit like that
i wouldn't tattoo my body
i don't want a tan
i don't like smartbands, i don't wear glasses nor do i need to

is it really a fucking necessity to check the time 24/7? no, it's fucking not. it's not practical and requires maintenance. to me, i see it getting in the way and feeling uncomfortable. fuck watches, desu

Sounds like someone's too poor to afford a watch. :^)

No doubt she got pregnant despite being an ugly shit..

she looks hot, actually

sounds like you're a dumb nocoiner

Sounds like a poorfag is mad that his memecoin is dying :^)

only people of extreme poverty think anyone wants or cares about watches

>I pull out my phone for time
Okay.

and i made money shorting bitcoin these days
stay poor and stupid

Sounds like a faggot is mad his mommy wouldn't buy him the new iwatch. :^)

imagine staying in front of a computer all day
and then you look at your fucking wrist instead of your screen

imagine the retard doing this

now imagine i'm biking around town and giving a fuck about what time it is. yeah, i can't imagine myself giving a fuck either.

I like being reminded of the time
My phone isn't in my hands constantly and I'm not on my computer all the time as well
So I like knowing what time it is

it's a poor excuse, what you're saying. you have so many more options, and you chose the retarded fashion accessory

you're probably one of the retards that complains the gayman gpus are expensive. i fucking know you are :^)

I take it you didn't use watches while growing up
Personally I grew up with a watch on my wrist all the time and I look at it a lot because I feel like it adds a lot of context to my actions
I don't like the fact that felt time is relative and I feel comfort in adding quantization to my actions

For something so neutral you have a weird hatred for it

Part of my clothing, comfy because at work i have schedules and can be edgy or cute too.

i actually had one of those casios or clones with memory while in grade school. used it to keep track of fixed phone phonenumbers.

i grew out of it.

>adds a lot of context to my actions
what the fuck does that even mean? like when a girl runs her hand through her hair to get it out of the way?

I would like to wear a watch.
But they make typing uncomfortable.

Someone should invent a keyboard friendly watch,

>i read the time via my phone

nice pocketwatch user. You are clearly living years ahead of the rest of us

and i am actually surprisingly precise with time without a watch on my hand.
i called friend i rarely visit last week, let him know i'll be there in in 14 minutes (pulled number out of my ass)

so i ride my bike to his place, and sort of get lost on the way because i don't know de wei too well, but i keep going, arrive, and he's like "wow, exactly 14 minutes"

i don't ever feel like i don't know what time it is, but even if i didn't it still wouldn't justify wearing shit on my body

do you not have a clock on your fucking screen?
i don't even do that, actually. you say that like it's something you have to do 10 times per hour

>you are fucked in the head
Ah, caring how you look makes you mentally ill. Gotcha.

>this is an opinion you have, and it's fucking wrong

Didn't know opinions could be wrong. Also, it is quicker to look at your wrist than pulling your phone out, pressing the power button to view your display, check the time, and then put your phone back into your pocket. This makes watches more convient for getting the current time if there are no clocks in immediate view.

>Didn't know opinions could be wrong.
They actually can be.

No like I have trouble keeping track of time and it helps me judge how fast I'm doing stuff
Alright that's cool
I stopped wearing one for a while but I had trouble keeping track of things so I went back to wearing one
I have trouble deciding when to do anything so I certainly need something more in my face to coordinate myself to
Fuck I wish I could do that
I'm so fucking bad with time

>Also, it is quicker to look at your wrist than pulling your phone out, pressing the power button to view your display, check the time, and then put your phone back into your pocket.
i don't feel the need to know the time more than 2-3 times per day, it might be a mental illness you have. or are you a pizza delivery boy?

>do you not have a clock on your fucking screen?

I do.

I would only use my watch away away from the screen.
I used to take my watch off every time I sat behind a computer but that gets annoying.

youtube.com/watch?v=eZ8PI0WDp40

Everyone knows real men wear watches because men have places to be and places to be on time.
OP is just a faggot in denial.
Lashing out at all the straight males who are living productive lives; on time.

i'd say that's a problem because watches are fucking annoying

and this thing about flicking the wrist being quicker than me pulling my nokia 515 out of my pocket is a non-issue, it's not like i don't look at the fucking time before or after i use the fucking phone to talk on it because it would mean i have to be somewhere meeting whomever i just spoke to. right?

>unironically wearing a detonator

>you cannot be on time if you don't have a watch
nice sillogism, you manly man, you

Same fag, move on.
You've already proved you are a faggot.
Why are you so opposed with what other men wear?

Obsessed***

>requires maintenance
They haven't required maintenance since the 40's.
You should consider ending your life earlier grandpa.

I see you are too new for Sup Forums memes and triggered butthurt in the same time.

I wear a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier daily. I use it to track my hikes which I'm compiling in Google Earth as well as to easily read any notifications from my phone. I plan on walking and recording every trail in the mid-state area this year!

In this image you can see the watch face I have currently chosen at the top of my phone screen there

Orly?

You should consider killing yourself, after i kill you with a tripfaggot filter list.

Only a real life retard would say taking a phone out of your pocket constantly for something as small as checking the time is as convenient as wearing a watch. There are other devices on this planet than just the smartphone but people younger than smartphones can't understand it. For me it's not even about the looks, it's purely convenience. I can go to the supermarket 8 minutes before it closes and be out 4 minutes before it closes, quickly checking the time while walking every once in a while. There's also exactly 0% chance that I would drop my phone by looking at the time while walking if I use a watch. Not that I drop my phones but 0% is 0%.

OP you should test with your phone how fast you can go to the store before closing, buy some bleach, get out and chug it all down your throat for being a massive faggot. Post results.

Tripfaggot detected.

Why would I kill myself? Here's my reasoning on why I wouldn't:

If I live, there's always a chance of having good feels.
If I die there is zero chance of having good feels.
Easy choice to not kill self.

>some people actually spending over 5000€ on a brand, I mean watch that costed 300€ to make and 4700€ for a brand xD

Go to sleep eurocunt.
America is awake and we got shit to do on time.
Unlike your lazy fucking continent.
Besides Germany ofc.
Ask a German what they think of watches.
That should give you some perspective.

You don't need good feels. A program with good regex settings and pattern recognition can replace you and everybody will think you have "good times" like forever.

Very.

Use Keepass. This also stores your diary entries.

lol I forgot about those shills until you brought them up again

Objectively the right answer.

NIce blogpost faggot.
>frog poster
I expected nothing more.

This, fucking this.

>tfw I discard all those hueg +44 divers and chronographs watches with busy dials and only buy smol and lightweight vintage watches with perlon straps.
It's comfy as fuck and I often forget I'm wearing a watch this way.

Best watch posted you can all go home now

That thing is yesterday's toy, grandpa.

THICC

Watches are part fashion accessory and have a positive impression on women.

This is now a watch thread

anyone that spends more than $50 for a watch is a moron. no one give a shit about some auto movement or some high level quartz shit
good thing i have my apple watch™ that is not only a watch but a mini computer so im not a moron

Try convincing a board full of people who wear converse and running shoes 24/7 that fashion accessories can help them make a positive impression on women.

I don't visit /fit/ though.

youre a faggot instead

Oh, right. This board is the one with no shoes at all. My bad.

No reason to wear shoes when you don't go outside.
In fact, it's maximum comfy.

i had a laugh, thanks

We don't need that