What's a good software to recover deleted files on SSDs?

What's a good software to recover deleted files on SSDs?

Other urls found in this thread:

cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec
ccleaner.com/recuva
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I heard TRIM works pretty well

A microwave

There are better ones able to recover directories, names and fragmented files but in last resort you have photorec which will recover all contiguous files of reconized formats just by using headers it works with all filesystem
cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Try recuva
ccleaner.com/recuva

I deleted a text file, about 2-3 days ago. Would Textdisk recover it or should I forget about recovering it? It's weird, because I used something called EaseUS and it found a bunch of files within 1 week but not my text file...

bump

very small files can be stored entirely in the Master File table on ntfs. it's gone

my text file that i deleted a few days ago is gone even though it was less than 1mb? i'm recovering super old files with textdisk right now, how's that possible

he just told you..

the file table stores locations of all files on the disk, when you delete a file it just deletes the file table reference, if the full file was stored there then it deleted the full file.

why did he say it's gone then?

BECAUSE THE ENTIRE FILE WAS STORED IN THE FILE TABLE YOU DENSE MOTHER FUCKER

so you're saying a small file is in the file table with the reference and when you delete a small file, it's gone?

then why the fuck am i recovering super small files

No, the entry in the table is gone, the actual file is still physically present on the NAND and can still be read until overwritten.

Can she be fixed?

> What's a good software to recover deleted files

Recuva, O&O, EaseUS

> on SSDs?

You better hope you don't have TRIM enabled if you want to recover your files.

is it safe to assume recuva and 0&0 is pointless to try and use if easeus couldn't find it?

Maybe if you can read the value of the parts and you are good a soldering

Well, I guess it's dead if I don't, (maybe) dead if I do.

Probably, but I'd be more concerned about what caused that capacitor to blow.

Oh I know exactly how that happened. I changed out power supplies and grabbed the wrong cable from a different modular power supply. Different pin out killed it and an HDD. My own dumb mistakes.

Holy shit this is fucking RETARDED

I can see text files from 2015 that's barely 0.1KB but I can't recover a shitty text file that I made 2 months ago that was deleted 2 days ago

Sometimes you get lucky, other times you don't.

nice try nsa

>able to afford modular psu
you deserve it for being a rich brat with rich parents.

thats why i dont buy modular, static wired is its cheaper and secure

What timeline are you from? Modular PSUs are commonplace on this Earth.

You rate Crucial SSDs?

Or until TRIM/Garbage Collection fucks his shit up