Bitcoin currently crashing

>Bitcoin currently crashing
>Still no used cards on market

When is our time Sup Forumsros?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=bitcoin dead&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=old&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/transistor-aging
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monero_(cryptocurrency)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not using them for Bitcoin, bro...

I hope you experience financial hardship as a result

Oh hey it's this thread again.

Ask these guys:
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=bitcoin dead&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=old&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

Because it would have to crash even harder.

People haven't mined Bitcoin with GPUs since 2014. You're not getting a GPU until summer at the earliest.

Nicehash mines bitcoin

It can, but you won't make money that way. Most people are using GPUs to mine alt coins.

When Ethereum will not be profitable to mine
AND manufacturers will have supply of new GPU
otherwise the prices of use cards would still be indecent.

Give it a week

>Sup Forumsros

but if it crash too hard cryptofags will just off themselves without putting their cards on sale.

Why do you kids think it's a good idea to buy a gpu that has been running at 100% for extended times in probably a hot climate?

Nicehash pays Bitcoin for mining altcoins.
Not the same thing as mining Bitcoin.

Shit, I'm a gaymer, but I've been meaning to sell my 1070. Think I could still sell it off at inflated prices?

Doesn't matter, with the abundance of cards currently sucked up by coinfags, it should be easy to cheaply replace dying cards. Then again, I haven't had bad experience with older high-end cards - my HD4870 was my main GPU for almost 5 years, my current HD7970 I bought used and have used for 5+ years since then. Even does 4k with medium settings in most relevant titles still.

I just want a reasonably priced Vega56 to dabble into machine learning algos.

If you think a gpu being used for gaming has the same wear and tear as a mining card then by all means go buy one because any explanation of why that's a bad idea will go over your head.

>he thinks of his gpus like a mechanical engine

I bet you wait for your computer to 'warm up' before pushing it too hard

They are mechanical you fucking idiot. Not sure what it is with dumb kids. Had to explain this a few times. I just give up on Sup Forums. Not worth it.

So what's worse?
>gamer card that's suffered repeated thermal flexing as workload spikes and falls.
>miner card that's been run at constant 70oC
I'd expect miner's cards to have binary failure and gamer cards to have intermittent failure due to loose tracks.
What's Sup Forums's experience?

Ensure you clean your electricity filter, all those silicone shards are gonna slow down the flow!

>>miner card that's been run at constant 70oC
That's extremely conservative.

I never thought I'd say this but maybe I'll just buy a console instead and if I need a new computer it will have integrated graphics and minimal RAM.

Why the fuck would you a buy a GPU that was used for mining?

>70c is extremely conservative

No, it's not. I am running a 1050ti at about 59C and a 1070ti at about 64C because of undervolting and underclocking. These numbers are high, too. It's hot in the room where I have the cards, and I've seen them quite a bit cooler.

Le mining burning out the cards is just a meme. My 1050ti claims that it can run for 10 straight years at 70C before failing and for 30 years at 60C.

don't worry he will

>thinking retailers will ever lower their prices again
They were looking for an excuse and they got it.

If miners flood Ebay etc with used GPU's sellers of new GPU's will have to sell low or hold onto their stock with the possibility of losing even more on their stock. It will drive brand new GPU's prices way down too. I already have seen a few selling brand new on Ebay for low low prices.

Reminder that if 20% of miners give up, mining will be 20% more profitable.
So you won't see a flood of used GPUs for two fiddy

you retard

spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/transistor-aging

Nobody uses graphic cards for mining bitcoin, stupid. That's what asics are for.

You're so uninformed, it hurts.

>i seem to know what solid state electronics are, but am seemingly ignorant to the fact that modern personal computers contain mechanical moving parts
How does this happen? Is it a failing of the educational system?

You guys are such dumb fucks.
Bitcoin is mined with ASICs because of the intrinsic weaknesses of BTC's mining algorithm. They are much faster than GPUs and essentially centralized most of BTC's hash rate to chink land.

even if you find used ones they will more than likely have been abused by this point.

cant you just buy cards straight form Nvidia?

some retailers are selling 1060 6GB but for $300

This.

i cant fucking find a 1080ti under 1k its fucking gross tha a 700 dollar card cost so much. im dying to get the asus oC one.

No. Both them and Evga are consistently out of stock.

Microcenter had some 1080 ti but they are selling them for a cool $200-300 more than the MSRP.

For the millionth time, you do not mine Bitcoin with GPUs.

the nightmare is almost over though. it used to be 20k a few months ago and many rumors of korenas trying to destroy the coins public image have kept it in massive drops, im already seeing decent priced used 1080 ti's on Ebay but then again can you even trust a miner used card?

oops.

if they unload their cards on the market new cards will drop in price as well you dense idiot

>implying deceased estates aren't where the real bargains are

It's ethereum causing the trouble.

now use, oh i don't know, 20 cards and start mining with them and tell me what temps you get when they are all bunched up inside your mining rig

if you want to get rid of it, right now is best time to sell.. price is only down from here

>buying used and abused gpus

great way to waste money

used cards are fine... only thing that ever dies is the fan

op fu/g/Sup Forumsed up

It causes a cascade effect where 20% more get scared and cut their losses before even more losses

Why would you get scared from 20% increased profits?
Ethereum difficulty adjust rather quickly compared to Bitcoin

This desu

>people should suffer financial hardship so I can play muh games with moar fps

they should suffer financial hardship for falling for obvious scams

Why would I see my used gPUs?
It's still profitable to mine zcash or ETH right now.

>Bicycles can be used for business or pleasure
>Hurr you fags buying bikes for recreation, they're only for business now, REEEE
This is you.

They should. They're not contributing anything towards society by making money off of crypto. They're worse than communists.

>They're not contributing anything towards society
Miners secure the crypto currency networks
That's useful for anyone who's using crypto currencies

My 1080 has the same temp with stock clock speed. Out of curiosity how do you plan on exchanging erethium for USD if you are?

I also need to grab an 80 plus PSU if I plan to actually leave my card running constantly.

Crypto is worthless in general. Blockchain is cool, but crypto is fucking stupid.

HI the electric company here

>can buy drugs
>can buy weapons
>can transfers arbitrary amounts of money across the globe in minutes at very low cost
>Crypto is worthless

>but crypto is fucking stupid.
Convenient cross-border payments without an intermediary are stupid? Bitcoin is behind on the scaling issue but one of the forks - Litecoin - works exceptionally well.

Sometimes mine is slow to start in the winter so I pour hot water on the motherboard to warm her up

All of which can be surveiled.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monero_(cryptocurrency)

>crash
>it literally does this every other week
Aren't you sick of being retarded?

hi, this is Sup Forums tourism center

the board you're looking for is either
* Sup Forums to talk with Sup Forumsros
* /biz/ to talk about btc
* Sup Forums to talk about games and their gpu requirements

Bye bye and have a nice day

salty nocoiner detected

>want to buy a 10,000$ car because i want to have and drive this car
>someone finds a volatile way to profit from the car staying in their garage with its engine running at all times
>that car is now 30,000$ because this method is popular
>every other car is now more expensive too because it can do the same thing to a lesser extent
explain how this is right

>ruining your cluth bearings
>CO2 fumes and heat all over your house
>no natural airflow
>fan gas to spin full tilt, wearing out bearings
>water pump has to work harder, because fansall this just to be replaced with ASIC diesel engines designed to operate most efficiently at required RPMs.

If you have anything other than blind faith in the market then you’re a communist

>wanting the capitalist market to function properly
>being a communist

>No costs, no middlemen.
>fees were 50$ per transaction, or something like that, and nowadays are 1$ for most coins
Its not western union tier, but still

I still think we should be able to trade slaves again.

>fees were 50$ per transaction
Only a problem with Bitcoin, not XMR, LTC or ETH.

Are rhey fee-less? If not, I still don't see the purpose of memecoins if you're still jewed. My bank does transactions for free to any other bank or for paying with credit card.

Sites are doing preorders now and expect new stock in the next couple of weeks, max two per person. Just pre-ordered a evga SC2 1080ti for £651. The next wave of stock is coming.

If I mine crypto can I still use my pc for browsing and spreadsheets? If I want to also game is it possible to 'partition' my GPU?

You can mine CPU coins like Monero or Sumokoin.
Set process priority to idle and you won't notice it at all.
AMD Ryzen CPUs make about $30 / month

>I bet you wait for your computer to 'warm up' before pushing it too hard
transistors degrade with usage you fucking faggot.

Literally the same electronics store isle.

Is that 30 profit or total?

>literal boxes at the end
Can't really cry if there's still some left, now can you?

my frys doesn't look that bad. damn

You can still cry if all there is left is what the miners won't touch which is shit like the GT 1030 and low end radeon cards with only 2GB of VRAM

there is your problem the aztec frys electronics in phoenix az is shit tier.

Profit depends on your electricity rate

CryptoNight is mined by botnets, so its only profitable when your electricity is free.

GPU mining is usually profitable
NiceHash does it automatically, and has an option to start mining when your PC is idle

the state of Sup Forums

Juice is free, I'LL just bring my shit to work when I'm on nights....can get 24 hrs a week out of it...but my case is teensy and no problem but I can't be lugging around my monitor and ok that shit....how would I make my pc boot with no keyboard or mouse or monitor, go straight into windows and start the program up to mine? I imagine the last bit is just putting a shortcut in the startup folder but will my pc boot without input devices attached?

and Sup Forums for being a salty little bitch

>I imagine the last bit is just putting a shortcut in the startup folder
Yes
>but will my pc boot without input devices attached?
Most likely

Now tell me how you can know it wasn't. Trusting the seller's word? Lmao

t. nocoiner cope

Miners know that once the cards start to hit MTBF timers they'll need to offload them. They also know no one will buy them if they are honest about how hard the card has been run and how many hours the buyer can expect to be able to game (or worse, gpu-centepede mine) for their money. Hence the need to meme/shill/lie to everyone about how hard mining actually is on a card.

Any rig so small cannot possibly mine effectively. Electricity isn't even the biggest problem at this point; it's difficulty. Your portable work rig will net you a paulty amount. Could easily work some OT for greater profit.

haha gottem xD

use a smartphone as a bluetooth keyboard/mouse