I have 1000 dollars Sup Forums and Laptop discussion overall

What is the best WORK laptop for college/multitask i should get. tablets with keyboards are off the table because they are gay. Most of everything I see is overpriced garbage so i just want to consult the (((pros)))

Im looking for processing power over graphics, 8 gb ram, 256 gb ssd and maybe dedidated gpu?

thanks
love, frogposter

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/laptops/pp_786412.html?wid=21
twitter.com/AnonBabble

go to thinkpad general and look at the OP post. use the lenovo link, buy an X270.

/thread

i thought thinkpads are pricey. ill check it out though.

Put in some more and buy an XPS.

Else ASUS has good hardware/price ratio if you don't mind pajeet support that can't spell and drivers written by cats walking on keyboards.

also there is no lenovo link. the x270 starts at 880 or something sure, but for a bunch of shitty internals. there has to be something better.

Bump idk what to get either

System76 Lemur

anything that runs windows? most of the programs that i need are windows dependent

oops tagged wrong guy

Not with good build quality.

>dedidated gpu?
for what CAD? Then get a W series thinkpad.

Choose two:
>good price
>portability (battery life, weight, good materials, durability)
>performance (dedicated graphics card, powerful processor)

american rupees my guy

i chose good price and performance. i dont mind lugging around a brick too much but slimmer is better obv

Looking for w series but its sayin that theyre all discontinued

Tagged lemur dude on accident

Pick an asus gayming laptop. You should carry around a battery charger because after a year or so the battery will be fucked up already.
Also, pay attention to it because the materials are pretty bad. Be careful with the screen joints.

For 1000$ you can get something with 16gb ram, dedicated (low tier) gpu, ssd and a good cpu.

what's wrong with used?
Anyway a Dell Precision 5520 is recommended by my Engineering school.

im hesitant since my sister got one of those shitties against my advice and now its pretty much a bricked hunk of shit but if thats the best then thats the best.
that think is wayy too expensive. your college selling them to you?

>im hesitant since my sister got one of those shitties against my advice and now its pretty much a bricked hunk of shit but if thats the best then thats the best.
You can't do much better. You can't have good price, performance and portability in the same thing.
If you want good price and performance you have to be really careful with the thing because the materials are shitty as fuck. You can carry it around, but it's far from being rock solid.

Look up Lenovo corporate discounts.

yeah fair enough. i have no idea what kind of shit she installed on it either so i think if im careful enough with it it should do the trick.
OwO whats this?

P-series is the new W series.

>i thought thinkpads are pricey. ill check it out though.
New thinkpads can get pricey, and aren't worth it over other business laptops, so shop around for a laptop with the features that you want op, and don't shun other brands like sager, clevo, asus, msi, hp, or dell.

yeah, but you can get used w540s with SSD on ebay for about $700

herro prease dear customer buy this
yes thank you
gearbest.com/laptops/pp_786412.html?wid=21

Ive heard of everything you said except sager or clevo

>sager or clevo
Clevo (sager is a rebranded distrobution of clevo irrc) is the OEM/ODM that makes the laptops for every other brand, and buying directly from them has usually been the cheapest method of buying a laptop brand new.

Not him, but if you don't want to get an ASUS, I'd recommend the Inspiron 7577. It's got good specs and good thermals but doesn't look overly gamer-y (read: faggy). It has negative battery life and portability, though, so if you want something more portable but less powerful I'd recommend getting a Thinkpad.

Run Windows on a KVM virtual machine. Then you get both and the ability to reboot your VM into a clean snapshot if you get malware etc. It's better than Windows on bare metal.