What's the point of using Linux if nothing fucking works?

What's the point of using Linux if nothing fucking works?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1Ohp7-wnQrL2wEZYm8Tegu-u0fF3uskSb/view?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>nothing fucking works

I use it in the GNU operating system.

If you know what you're doing, there are a very few things that don't work.

To spend all your time fixing it, and pretend that you're important man

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

it does work it's just a pain in the ass because all the virgins who develop it thrive off the mental masturbation of using the terminal like a leet hakzor instead of actually getting work done in a timely manner with a gui.

What's the point in being alive when you're so pathetic?

I don't know, you tell me.

seems like everything is working for me.
you might just be retarded, user

>Discord
Ew

sorry, i actually have friends to talk to

Based informative poster

friends are botnet

>Fedora
>juss WERKS
idk whatchu mean dawg

>mfw after distrohopping with nothing werks distros I landed on Debian 9.3

haven't had a single crash or bug yet, unlike everything else I tried. It's a pain to customize and configure though because I haven't used linux in years and Debian doesn't have the best guides.

Exactly that's the point, don't you get it?

>Discord
>proprietary teenbro software
Kys.

Hey, that's how it looks when I shut my PC down.

It was from the recent bug on Ubuntu machines that basically turned them into bricks

I wouldn't want to experience that. At these times I'm glad I dual-boot with Windoof.

gnome works
all the other desktop environments don't

I do as well.
Fedora/W10 LTSB on my desktop
Arch on my Laptop, although thinking of swapping to Void.
I was my laptop as a hobbyist machine.

It's loading up extra startups so you don't have to wait the next few times.

What's the point of POO IN THE LOO if the street was DESIGNATED?
saged.

What do you call it if you're running a Linux distro without GNU software?

Checked.

This.
/thread

Kill yourself you fucking discord cuck
Go back 2 reddit

So you can shitpost about it. Its the only reason I do anything.
>pick random board
>become well versed in their memes and opinions
>join in on activity so as to better shitpost
>repeat

y do ppl lie on the internet?

Void is a poorly documented meme. Don't bother
They call it void because it's void of packages. Might as well install Gentoo

I think your problem is between your screen and your chair

*/Linux

it's a fun little hobby for a nerd in his spare time

Have you tried Arch Linux?

>[OK]
No errors here. Everything working as intended.

nice strawman
saged

Linux works, but GRUB2 never does. Why is it that it can't handle finding my Windows Partition just because a bootable recovery partition is found just before it!? Any suggestions?

I don't even use grub.
Pure EFI boot all the way.

Huh, I didn't even consider that, will try.

It's a little bit of a pain to set up initially, so let me know if you have any questions.

These days almost all distros are just reskinned fedora, most use GTK desktops, pulsaudio, systemD, wayland and so on.

>inb4 I'm on KDE myself or xfeces meme.

But I'm using Sway on Artix (no systemd fork of Arch).

I've been using Ubuntu for months now and I still don't know how to use it.
The result of my progress thus far: drive.google.com/file/d/1Ohp7-wnQrL2wEZYm8Tegu-u0fF3uskSb/view?usp=sharing

Fucking checked

So my keyboard? Xd

Systemd
:^)

Install proper architecture build, you dumbass.

I'm not saying Fedora doesn't work, I'm saying it does and that idk what OP means by saying Linux doesn't work.

welp, spoke too soon, it shat itself when I installed nvidia drivers.

It's easier to deal with the botnet at this point, because linux seems to be getting more and more broken.

>mfw been on Xubuntu for a few years
>mfw want to try KDE but looks overly flamboyant and has screen tearing with my [spoilz]NVIdia[/spoiltmilk] card

It only starts working once you remove the GNU.

Try rEFInd

I unironically use systemd-boot to dual boot arch and windows

(((discord)))
install riot/matrix servers you plebian

The only thing that sucks for me is burning cds/dvds on ubuntu. It freezes when I try to but apparently it could be a hardware problem with ubuntu with my optical drive. But everything else on linux is better especially when working on projects.

>you have to install 12380235710 addons to get a normal desktop
nothx

>systemd-boot

Oh fuck, I thought that was the Poettering one. Hold on.

The point is so that you can be free, when it DOES work.

The same as all nerd snobbery: an attempt to justify the social ostracism resulting from their autism as normies’ lack of “intelligence.”

Ask the 5 or so linux machines you used to make this post.