Is the solution to the GPU shortage for nvidia and AMD to release "mining cards" editions?

Is the solution to the GPU shortage for nvidia and AMD to release "mining cards" editions?

To purposely manufacture cards made for mining, and make gaming/normal cards so very unreliable to do so?

No

>selling out graphic cards
>gpu manufactures are worried

pick one

It worries nvidia, because they go out of their way to do shit like goyworks, and they try to convince software devs to use nvidia only goodies. NVidia is afraid of losing influence, because the picture themselves in for the long haul as a gpu hardware manufacturer.

do you think Nintendo would like it if people bought consoles and not a single game?

Their only "influence" is quality GPGPU libs for ML/DL.
These are good.
These have no (or shitty) resale value.
Miners won't touch them.

Are you retarded?
Consoles have peanuts-sized margins on the hardware itself.
GPU vendors sell the *actual* hardware with decent margins.
See the difference?

Maybe AMD can just become the dedicated mining vendor and Nvidya the vidya vendor?
Radeon hasn't had a good high-end chip since the 295X2 anyway.

>Radeon hasn't had a good high-end chip since the 295X2 anyway.
High-end cards don't matter unless you're doing penis measuring.
Midrange mobile or midrange DT brings hands down the most shekels for both vendors.
Especially the mobile parts with sky-high margins.

They all don't see mining coins as something worth investing in. Sure they could sell mining cards, but it'd take production away from gaming cards.
Gamers are a solid market. Memecoins are a wildcard.

>Maybe AMD can just become the dedicated mining vendor and Nvidya the vidya vendor?
Isn't that how it's been since 2012?

Both Jensen and Lisa said they view blockchain as decent growth opportunities.

>Radeon hasn't had a good high-end chip since the 295X2 anyway.
who cares

Mining will inevitably solve itself. Free money cannot last. The only people in the long term who will be able to successfully mine crypto on a stable basis are those with subsidized power like that hydroelectric plant operator in China with a mining farm.

>Gamers are a solid market
This is true, because there's an entire industry that is backed by it. If they stopped making gpus for gaming then it hurts game devs, gayshit peripheral makers, other ventures that are attached to the gaming industry.

I don't think GPU vendors give a fuck about everyone else related to gaymen industry.

But coin mining will not be a part of that strategy. Power efficiency relative to value cannot be maintained in the long run. Either difficulty ramps up to make mining unprofitable, or enough coins get mined such that inflation makes it unprofitable.

>I don't think GPU vendors give a fuck about everyone else related to gaymen industry.
It depends. Nvidia put a lot of effort to center itself with proprietary software, and hardware that caters specifically to gamers, the game dev, and peripheral manufacturers. They did build an ecosystem that generates them huge amounts of income, and it falls apart if gamers don't get the gpus they want to use for gaming.

NV's software ecosystem is mostly GPGPU (actually, it's 98% ML).
They couldn't really give a fuck about gayming if ML was a sustainable market (that was also not about to be nuked by ASICs).
>and hardware that caters specifically to gamers, the game dev
AMD does the same shit.
Gaming GPUs, and Gaming Evolved (or whatever it's called rn).

I'm still rocking a 390 here and it's great, play gtav mostly although I just got subnautica and I can handle it's vr mode no problem. Although vr in GTA was a bit much for my machine I doubt there many that can say otherwise. I don't know how it compares to top end stuff but it's at least on a par with 970 in most things and actually runs GTA a little better. AMD gets a lot of stock on here for their GPUs but I've never had any problems. I fried 3 Nvidia cards just outside of warranty before I bought this though and I never tried to over lock.

>AMD does the same shit.
Nah AMD doesn't do the same shit, and that's why they are looked over by the gamer crowd.
Just look at all the proprietary technologies that nvidia releases that secure gamers. They profit from gamers, game devs, monitor manufacturers, and etc.
If gamers didn't buy nvidia gpus then devs won't give as much of a fuck about buying quadros, or implementing nvidia technologies, and companies like benq won't give a shit about making monitors with nvidia only tech, and new egg can't sell that new "better" tn panel, or all those shitty rgb products. If that happens then they all lose out on an existing market that is profitable. With mining they are selling out gpus at the same price, but the retailers are the only ones who are making money from the huge mark ups (but they will also take a hit in gaming related hardware/peripheral sales).

>Nah AMD doesn't do the same shit
They do.
It's GPU IHV traditions.
>nd that's why they are looked over by the gamer crowd.
They aren't?
Sure, not as popular as NV, but looked over? No.
>and companies like benq won't give a shit about making monitors with nvidia only tech
G-Sync is actually niche beyond niche.

Anyone who isn't poor
>t. uses a 1080 ti for gaming at 1440p

Not enough to dump 3 years and a billion dollars into upping production.

Eh... I just realized how stupid you are. Sorry for the trouble m8.

They absolutely do care about the rest of the gayman industry. You have 'VR ready' on cards even though VR is a meme, games are packed with the latest bullshit gimmick nvidia or AMD 'enhancements', and so on. There will always be demand for fun, and games are a solid market for it.

people who buy hardware for price/performance and not because they're shills

See NDS, 3DS and Wii.
Soon Switch too.