/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your simple / small / stupid questions here ONCE and WAIT for a reply. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

>for Linux related stuff READ THE STICKY FIRST GOOGLE BEFORE POSTING

DO NOT BUMP YOUR QUESTION

redirect any retards creating their own threads with

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/7iynxv/psa_fangame_sonic_gather_battle_has_a_malicious/
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2431864
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck IoC and DI. Can someone give me a basic explanation of what it is/how it werks with caliburn wpf?

I have an MSI 1080 Ti on order for £750. It may be up to a two month wait for it. Should I just cancel this order and wait for Volta and upgrade my other components for now?

For some reason my webm thumbnails do not work

They show up like generic icons. I've enabled all thumbnail use on system and folder view options already.

I'm on Win10. How do I make them show?

>he doesn't know
reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/7iynxv/psa_fangame_sonic_gather_battle_has_a_malicious/

I've been using HxD for years and while it's still doing a fine job i wonder if there's anything new, what's a good more recent and open source binary editor on windows?

XVI32

Is it true that uninstalling or removing a few useless registry keys of Windows 7 will only make the OS get worse on performance? A program called Registry Repair that I'm using claims I have exactly "380 problems" found on my registry, and it does indicates where in my registry has problems.

Don't bother touching the registry, removing keys won't make windows slower BUT it could fuck with important settings.

have you used it? it's far more similar to 7 than it is to 10

the most noticeable difference is the start screen and a few other things using metro ui but 99% of the time you're looking at something on your desktop which is like 7 with a different theme

do you really think 10 isn't a lot worse? in all my experiences with 10 it's been an unstable resource-hungry mess that takes away control from the user (while 8.1 has been fine and actually usable)

i just don't understand how people can say windows 10 is usable, even the LTSB version had many of the same problems as normal 10 when i tried it in a virtual machine even though someone said it was supposed to be "like windows 7"

No need to edit the registry. You are more likely to fuck it up rather than solve a problem that didn't exist.

Link the previous thread dickwad.

Is there an app or some other way to copy all your old files, folders, contacts, settings, launcher and launcher setting etc to a new phone from an old one? I don't want to have to customise Nova launcher all over again manually.

Asking again:
I want to update my brother's PC to W10, I was thinking about activating his W7 with KMSpico and using the Assistive Technologies thing to get a legit W10 license, but MS doesnt support that anymore, how should I proceed? I got him a Ryzen CPU and I heard its tricky to install W7 on them.

brainlet here. How can the choice of CPU affect how difficult or easy it is to install an OS on them?

So I have a picture that shows a normal colouring in the thumbnail but when I open it, it has effects.
Is there anyway to restore the image to the original as shown in the thumbnail?

There is an option in Nova to export your settings, as for the rest of stuff Im sure there are at least 100 apps that do that in the play store.

Is there a way to fix dpc latency spikes in a Qemu-kvm vm? I tried a lot of things, even managed to get the average down to ~200 but something is still wrong and makes it shoot up to 2000-3000 every 10-20 seconds.

When you export your settings, does it restore your icons, wallpapers, dock etc?

I see. The program I'm using also features ability to backup and restore my registry, so it will generate one backup once I demand it to clean my registry. Is that alright?

Or alternatively, I could create a system restore point before executing the program, that is, if it does backup the registry, right?

Not alright. Windows restore points fuck up lots of recently in/un-stalled programs and you only need to run disk cleaner every now and then to clean up garbage.

Just ignore the errors user, there's almost nothing to win by fixing your registry with tools.

Use titanium backup or move apps to an SD card.

Or failing this, is there anyway to view the thumbnail at full size?

>fixing
You mean fucking up, because that is what happens when retards claim to know something about a closed source OS from their observations and worst of all it is where thousands of system and program settings are stored and you have no idea what effect deleting a folder/key has on the system or programs.

Yeah i wanted to say "fixing", the registry is a mess.

Malwarebytes.
My computer sometimes tends to crash whenever I scan with rootkits weekly. Should I be worried?

Looking at this perspective, I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm already using Revo to remove programs definitely, so I better back off and use Disk Cleaner instead, which I actually forgot it exists.

Thanks, and sorry for bothering you guys.

Stop using any AV/AM and won't have to be worried.

My current phone is a galaxy s6, which is why I can't back up to SD, and the whole reason I'm getting a new phone is because the s6 stopped fast charging and it won't connect to my pc anymore, so I can't just save all my photos and videos etc that way

Check your HDD/SSD. Could be dying.

>EXCEPT WITH A FANCY INTERFACE
there you go

>IDE: notepad
:thinking emoji:

My primary drive (SSD) is in good health, but my secondary drive (HDD) is partially corrupted. I don't see why it is crashing when it is only scanning the primary drive via threat scan.

How am I supposed to fix things on Linux?

Whenever I google Fedora 27 I get nothing.
Whenever I google GNOME or I get a bunch of Ubuntu specific fixes from places like stack overflow, and a lengthy discussion on some Arch forums

And the kicker. Googling Wayland just ends up with a bunch of hits saying "Wayland can't do that".

windows 7 or Windows 8.1?

Neither

they're not that much different

8.1 if the full-screen start screen doesn't bother you or you use a replacement

thanks. I'll roll with win8.1

I use linux on side, need windows specific stuff

depends on what the problem is

What is the best file recovery software for android?

is it possible to un-private a firefox window?

Say I've been browsing or playing a game and realized it was in private mode and my progress and history would be wiped once i close the window, and i want to preserve the data

Are these temperatures really bad? I'm not sure what's causing them.

>Are these temperatures really bad?
Not really. I believe things are "safe" up until around 80c - 90c. Depends on the surrounding temps of your computer. If its 30c in your room its not surprising to see the cpu at 40c. Also clean the dust out of your computer and check that the case has airflow and doesn't have stuff piled around it. You can also check to make sure the wires in your case don't look like a plate of spaghetti

I don't think there's a built-in way to do this, but you can certainly copy all of your cookies and cache somewhere, close firefox which will delete your cookies and cache, and then copy your stuff back over. Hopefully your browser game saves all its data in a cookie form.

It's not bad.
My "Storage" is at 33~C average, but my CPU is at 60C despite putting thermal paste on it recently.

nope no cookier/localstorage/cache/session/whatever is accessible through dev menu
but it must be stored somewhere in the memory to work

over 50c is not ideal for hdd's

Rainmeter reads 80%+ SWAP usage when I run certain games, though I have 16GB of high speed DDR4 RAM. What do you think is going on?

disable swap and find out if it's lying or not

A lot of linux distros are based on the same things. Ubuntu and Arch are popular and their users love asking questions so when you google a problem you will almost always get answers for Ubuntu or Arch. However, the problem is usually one that many distros share and can be fixed the same way. Fedora is similar to Redhat linux which may have more support. If "Fedora 27 problem" doesn't result in any answers, try "Redhat problem". You can also use "-ubuntu" in your google query and google will avoid pages referencing ubuntu. (for whatever reason google seems to treat all distro names as "linux" and so Fedora problem and Ubuntu problem are identical in googles results.)

If you google a problem for GNOME, it usually won't matter what distro you're running, the fix is essentially the same (though config files may be stored somewhere different)

Having problems with Wayland seems to just be the default state of using Wayland.

Is this a correct schema? And if yes why this code is wrong? i know that if i write seperately the two tables in two queries it will work. But why it doesn't work all in one query?

This is the code:

SELECT teams.Team , pre_production.Ιδέα ,pre_production_team_id_emp.Name

AND
teams.Team , production

FROM teams

INNER JOIN pre_production
ON teams.Pre_production_ID = pre_production.preproduction_id
INNER JOIN pre_production_team_id_emp
ON pre_production.Pre_Production_Team_ID = pre_production_team_id_emp.Pre_Production_Team_id

INNER JOIN production
ON teams.Production_ID = production.production_id

I'm looking for a small 3.0 usb extension to prevent my expensive thumb drive from breaking off in the port. I just need a 6 cm cable with a female and male end.

thank you

If you root your phone, what does that entail? Will I lose any data on the app's I currently have installed?

Please please help Sup Forums

Problem: I have 4 sticks of 2GB - DDR3 1333 Ram
They all work fine individually
I currently have 3 (6 GB) installed and It's only showing 4GB of ram
If I install 4 the computer won't post
Anyone know why? I'd settle for 6 of a possible 8GB

64-bit OS
Intel DH55TC mother board
Single Channel memory

no

I want to visit plug.dj but block youtube.com over there. How do I do it with with uBO?

uBO Settings > Enable "I am an advanced user"
Go to plug dj, and open up the extension window. Click on "domains connected".
There will be a list of the domains, 3 boxes in a large box, and the same thing again.

To block youtube on just plug dj, hover over the right box and move it to the rightmost spot until it turns red. Click the red.
Save your settings in the top left with the lock.
Refresh.

I'm running a 720p video file through handbrake but the subs keep coming out shitty, is there a way I can keep the subs as desktop resolution?
Or do I need to find a new torrent with separate sub files?

If you use captcha they do regardless and if you have a pass you literally have it all attached to an account that gookmoot can sell as a user profile to advertisers
The best you can do is choose which dick to get fucked by

Fair point

To answer your question, like the other user said, Google will know that you post from Sup Forums because you cannot disable referrer spoofing via uMatrix (you need to have it off to post here), but I think that's about it.
They won't know your post IDs, but I'm not too entirely sure.

Thanks, my brother!

We use drfone at my computer shop.

pls help

sounds like one of your sticks is bad. Install each one individually to see which one prevents posting.

I did that my man
as stated:
>They all work fine individually

They know everything you post though and with all their machine learning "AI" they probably don't even need your post ID's, especially if you use the same reaction images with the same filenames
I'm trying to talk myself into buying a pass out of spite directed at google

furthermore, I played swap around for about an hour and found all combinations of 3 work fine, 4 never works. However any combination of 3 culminates with 4GB instead of 6

>I'm trying to talk myself into buying a pass out of spite directed at google
I would rather not. Why give out your possible card info too?

>throwaway protonmail
>pre-paid debit card

Good idea. Didn't know why I didn't think of that.

oh shit sorry about that my guy, I didn't read that part.
Could be a bad slot. Can you try putting just one stick in and swap it around to see if all the slots work?

I'll try this in the morning, It's 11:20pm here now. Thanks for your help. I hope you're wrong though x_x

I have a desktop and a laptop and they're both Win10.

On the desktop when you click the start button there's a file explorer icon I can click to open file explorer. On my laptop such an icon doesn't exist.

Any way to enable that icon?

why do macbooks have like 3-4 generation old cpus yet cost $2-3k
I mean I might have been fine with paying $2.5k if it actually had a modern cpu
macbooks have like the only nonshitty aspect ratio, resolution and formfactor/design nowadays too

there is xiamoi too but I do not see any way to get those outside china/asia yet

Branding

>I do not see any way to get those outside china/asia yet
Visit /csg/

I'm sure you have already checked this: Settings > Personalization > Start

I'm probably starting at a law firm as their tech support guy. Would anybody here be familiar with law firms at all and could give me a heads up as to what kind of software they use and shit they'd need?

I spent the last few years running a mom and pop computer and electronics repair shop. I know a lot about how it works and how to get into it if anybody has specific questions.

Is it true that desktop computer are dead?

Just bought a second hand EliteBook 840 with a Radeon 8750M. When I go to some dark/greyish screens such as Spotify's login, some stripes appear and sometimes they move. What could it be? Is my GPU kill?

They need the big 3 of security(integrity, confidentiality and availability).

Think about a Centos server with the most anal SELinux profile, LUKS, offsite backups, snapshots on ZFS and samba with a domain controller(with a Linux version of kerberos).

This is because they need to keep confidential files for decades after the case are finished. Other than that would be you standard office setup.

Sick thanks. I'll probably have to start giving a shit about Linux servers now though.

Check if your CPU is sitting correctly on the socket and you don't have bent/broken pins.

What’s a good place to buy computer products in Canada?

eBay?

I'm an absolute noob when it comes to torrenting.
Which client should I use to download this masterpiece?

sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2431864

Download Media Preview.

Im installing W10 on a machine with activated 7 before upgrading mobo cpu and ram, did I fuck up? Will the activation key be lost as soon as I change the hardware? Pls respond its at 40% already.

>JAV
>not japanese
for what purpose

Because she a cute.

Just use uTorrent 2.2.1 or older. You won't get in trouble for pirating JAV.

usually changing the motherboard will deactivate windows 10. You may need to spend like half on hour on the phone with Microsoft. They have a system to reactivate when people change hardware.

I'm pretty sure there will be a button that says "i've recently changed hardware on this pc" somewhere on the activation screen.

Transmission anything else is bloat, old or botnet.

oh and you should probably write down the key. At my shop we use a tool called produkey from nirsoft. Run that after windows 10 is installed to get your key, then change hardware.

I supported a law firm that was actually pulled off a local server setup. They ended up using some stupid office integration known as NetDocs to backup and encrypt their files online. Also, they used more office integrations in order to compare different revisions of various office files.

There was also one lady that used Gillette estate software. It was a very small, specialized software that handled wills, estate taxes, etc so their support was only one person. Ironically, that person was really easy to work with but I had to call them just to allow it to be reinstalled.

To add on; if you have any doubts on their software, just call their software support. More often than not, I was able to solve things within the hour for them.

thanks. This helps. I'll check out the Gillette software in case they use it. I didn't think about multiple office versions, but that makes sense.

Also, be familiar with voip and conference calls.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Good luck user.