Can't decide between buying a 1080p 144hz monitor or a 1440p 60hz monitor

>can't decide between buying a 1080p 144hz monitor or a 1440p 60hz monitor

Other urls found in this thread:

microcenter.com/product/483264/AGON_AG322QCX_315_LED_Monitor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1440p 144hz

if you play optimized esports titles go for 144hz
if you play anything else the engine probably isnt optimized enough to support above 70fps
>t. 4 year 144hz user

This. Seriously how welfare do you have to be to even consider getting a 1080p monitor?

This, or wait for 4k 120hz.

You 1080p fags are fucking atrocious. I bet you're the same fucks defending the switch's 720p.

I just got this for $420 after tax, it's pretty sweet. No noticeable effect on my performance either.

microcenter.com/product/483264/AGON_AG322QCX_315_LED_Monitor

what card is even needed for 1440p and at least a solid 60fps? that's what is scaring me about moving from 1200p, i dont want to drop $1000 on a video card

4K 144hz

if you play ultra competitive 1080p 144hz is best because you get solid 144hz no matter what happens in game which is very important

games like csgo and overwatch still see big dips in the heat of combat at higher resolutions even on high end machines

>Playing those two pieces of garbage
Already a disgrace of a human at that point so yeah I can see why they use 1080

>hurr shitposting ironically
can you just off yourself already

The human eye can't see more than 720p 30fps, so both are a waste of money. Buy the cheapest thing you can get and use your money elsewhere.

A 970.

AAA games are the only demanding ones and they have been 100% pure dogshit in the last years, so if you have good taste, you should be good with anything.

I'm literally running a 3440x1440 120hz screen with a 970 and zero fucks were given.

blaze it faget

1440p 144hz on CS is piss easy to do, the game is heavily CPU limited so my framerate doesn't change much at all if I'm playing at 640x480 minimum or 1440p maxed out (1440p minimum is how I play though).
And anyone that tells you they're competitive enough at OW to need a setup like this should just go back to league and off themselves.

>tfw 1440p 144Hz
It's fucking amazing

1080p

Meant to reply to

60hz

the eye can't see past 24fps. 144hz are just jewish lies to sell more expensive screens

Pretty much this, exspecially when you get older

Do 144hz monitors have good enough image quality to do image editing on them? Colors and viewing angles.

Can't help but notice a lot of unironic Sup Forums talk in here

>You faggots still play video games

You can see differences in resolution, you can't see differences in frame rate, so the choice is obvious.

Not really. Good quality CRT is still best for image editing and animation

144hz is absolutely the way to go. Even with just everyday use, everything is buttery-smooth. With fast-paced FPS games or MOBAs it's a must.

>>You faggots still play video games

says the faggot that probably watches anime

Watch out guys, some anonymous neckbeard doesn't like people that play video games.

sometimes? depends on the monitor and panel

there's shitty 144hz panels and there's good ones

>Saturday morning Sup Forums

The IPS ones might be alright, but you'd probably be better off with a proper professional secondary. Afaik on gaming IPS monitors the panel quality/uniformity can be pretty inconsistent.
Get something like an ultrasharp as a secondary, and a 144Hz primary.

>dude just spend all your paycheck on increasing resolution

confirmed for watching anime. truly pathetic

I bought my S2716DG and U1717D within a month or two of each other, right before also getting a 1080Ti. Pretty much did just that, and 6 months later I don't regret doing it for a second. And yeah, those were pretty much all my paycheck at the time :^)

4k monitors are like $300. Stop being literally poverty tier.

>not buying a 1440P 144hz monitor...

fpbp

get the 1080p one mainly for 2 reasons

>1080p gaymen requires a 5 TFLOP card
>4K video IS 1080p video due to 420 CSS
>you need an 8K monitor anyway to not see any pixelation

Adding to this regarding the refresh rate (Hz) of a monitor, there isn't a huge jump from 60 to 144 HZ. In fact all it does is force your GPU to work twice as hard for a 1% difference most of us can't tell.

Fact is human eyes aren't the best in the animal kingdom, in fact waving your hand in front of you is enough to overload your brain and thus why it looks blury.

Yeah, shitty 27-inch ones that have TN panels. All the good 32-inch IPS 4K monitors are ridiculously expensive and have really poor quality control.

But there's no 8K video to play on them and no 20 TFLOP gaymen cards even exist.

t. someone who hasn't used a 144Hz monitor

Is there even a decent 144Hz 1440p out there?

I just want more desktop space for work and I don't want to have to keep twisting my body or neck to look at a second monitor.

And I have, played csgo at 144hz too. Very little difference desu.

tfw bought a dell us2414h and it cant even hidpi on 1080p native reso and everything looks so blurry and bad
this is why i choose to go with mac and their retina display

memehurtz >>>> memepixels

is it worth paying 500$ more for 1440p over 1080p, still 60 Hz?

t. Tim Cuck

What the fuck are you on about? Literally nothing wrong with watching anime. Escpecially when you are debugging dozens of thousands of lines knowing the problem is because of a closed source external shit library.

LG 24UD58-B is $320 and IPS

running an rx 480 with ultra/high settings with no problems

27" 1440p ips 60hz is max 300€ today and the price is going down each wave of new monitors. 144hz adds 150€ to the price at least. Thing is gpus just cant handle it, unless you have gtx 1080ti you're not going to run many games at 144hz at 2k res so its probably pointless to buy the higher hz monitor.

24" 144hz tn panels should go for 200€, Its kinda ok for CSGO and other low resource multiplayer games but you really need to spend a lot of time in those games for it to make sense.

24" 60hz tn is

get 144hz. I fell for the 1440p meme and it sucks (under certain circumstances)

If you have astigmatism or generally poor eyesight, even with glasses, don't bother with 1440
If it's less than 27", don't bother with 1440
If you want it for vidya, don't bother with 1440
If you want it for productivity, get an ultrawide instead
If you use windows, don't bother with 1440

You're just blind and retarded.
144hz is only good for gaymes.

>If you use windows, don't bother with 1440
What

>If you have astigmatism or generally poor eyesight, even with glasses, don't bother with 1440
Just scale your windows up, I have my shit at 125% and I'm already used to zooming in my firefox by 150%+ on most pages. 1440 if anything has made my life a lot better. I can keep my framerate high in CS at 1440p so I get the benefit of not having to strain my eyes by pixel peeking to see shit anymore.
>If it's less than 27", don't bother with 1440
Agreed
>If you want it for vidya, don't bother with 1440
Disagree, 27" for gaming gives me a way more immersive/enveloping feel when I play games, even old shit like Deus Ex.
>If you want it for productivity, get an ultrawide instead
Nice meme, if you want it for productivity get a secondary monitor which will be 10x more versatile than two side by side shitty monitors.
>If you use windows, don't bother with 1440
W10's scaling is breddy gud now, and I don't mind setting the scaling manually for programs which break it.

*two side by side shitty windows