Safe thread?

Are electronic safes pointless? I keep reading reviews on amazon etc. of people claiming they pop open if you hit the top hard enough.

if they don't it'll still be easy to open them with a neodymium magnet

The fuck do you put in a safe anyway?

>The fuck do you put in a safe anyway?
The combination to your safe.

find a flaw

I dunno electronic locks just make me nervous, surely they're not as secure as combo or key

If you're a Burger like me: passport, social security card, insurance information, last will and testament.
Basically all the shit that's a pain in the ass to replicate.

КИCУЛЬКEH

Guns, cash, car titles, important documents, jewelery, family heirlooms, coins, anything you want to keep SAFE. Safes provide a level of fire and water resistance in your home. You can drop dehumidifiers in too for a controlled climate.

This is my first safe. It's not fantastic, I bought a no name (Huntsman) the number pad uses up 1, 9v battery a year and there's no key backup. I also learned that most will claim fire resistance but there's no standardized testing so almost anyone can claim so. The walls are fitted with layers of drywall, which is the cheapest material and the metal feels thin. Definitely better than nothing though.

*puts into water*

Y u got so many guns ya fag

my dad bought a used jeweler's safe off ebay or craiglist several years ago.
it weighs like 1500 lbs and has something like 1.5" steel on every side, plus a little more in the door. while nothing is absolutely theft proof, I think the right level of protection to have is somewhere near this, where you're not getting in without loud enough to wake up the neighbors.

Since I still live in a leftist urban shithole, I haven't bought any toys that /k/ would laugh at me for being so neutered, but after I move to the burbs, I plan on getting a similar safe to keep shit locked up.

guns are technology

small benis :D

Everything except the guns would be a million times better off in a real safety deposit box in a real bank vault. And those are cheap enough, like $50 a year. That's like what you pay for a PO Box at the Post Office.

Yes. If it doesn't have a TL or TR rating, it might as well be a cardboard box.

Aside from guns where there is a legal requirement, there is no reason to own one for personal use.

If someone wants to get into your safe they will just find you and hold you at gunpoint/beat the shit out of you until you open it.

If you own anything important that needs protection it's better off in a safety deposit box at the bank. Cheaper, safer, and more secure.

What do you actually need?

If you need to protect something from damage you want a firebox.

If you need to protect something from children or snoopy snoopers you need some sort of lock box.

If you need to protect something from theft then nothing short of will do anything.

>fire resistance

Not with the ammo inside, that shit will explode and all your stuff will be destroyed

>If someone wants to get into your safe they will just find you and hold you at gunpoint/beat the shit out of you until you open it.
More likely they'll just take it and then take all the time they want to open it. If it can be carried out the door by a single person then it's not a safe.

>Your stuff is safer with the Jews

Not falling for it

what if the batteries die or leak? can you still open it without destroying it?

You can replace the battery. Sometimes there might be a key backup

>He thinks that is alot of guns
If you don't have enough to arm a paramilitary force you don't have enough

hello europoor

Wtf I hate safes now

I work at a bank. $15/yr for the smallbois.

That's not possible for real safes.

retard

A smaller safe.

See the grey panel between the buttons and the wheel? When removed, there's a keyhole for backup keys if the batteries die.

We use those in our escaperooms. Neat for normalfags that go apeshit when putting in the right combo, absolutely useless in life.

Keys

key to my chastity device

> "why lock your shit up," Sup Forums asks...

nice g3 bro