IRC is dead

IRC is dead

Other urls found in this thread:

riot.im/app
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

thanks

Care to provide an argument? You know that the majority of livestreaming websites build their chat platforms from the IRC protocol... Freenode and Rizon and many other servers are still extremely active.

It's shitposts like you that make this board shit.

>It's shitposts like you that make this board shit.
and not the dozens of apple and GPU threads? k.

I'm really debating just going to/making an alternative imageboard all together. This is what happens when normies are given accessibility to a website like this. Sup Forums has been completely ruined and is only a shell of what it used to be.

No it's not
#homescreen @ rizon

So you're saying that the countless times I have been helped and I have helped people on IRC the past few months didn't happen, because IRC is 'dead'?

IRC isn't used by normies so much. They use Slack or Discord or other propietary fagottery. This has only helped the quality and professionalism of tech related IRC channels.

Well irc was developed on Unix and apple does make the best UNIX today.

tru that irc has even become more elite than it used to be and thanks to fewer people now you actually get help

fuck off

Lol this trip is absolute trash

You are dead

arguement? argument!?
ill give you argument

I'm using it right now.

heh

DELET THIS

You niggers never fail a thread. Wish your channel weren't full of bots and shitposters tho.

What do you mean it's dead? Talk to bots every month to download anime.

I bet you use Discord you fucking faggot.

Use it every day.

Maybe I am dead, too.

Confirmed for not being dead.
You lose op.

#homescreen

>IRC is dead
>I use it from riot.im/app every day

The only thing dead about IRC is it's marketing.

I agree with this. I've been trying to get into IRC lately to get away from the Discord botnet, but literally every single channel I try is just full of AFK people and nobody talks. Personally, I think it's because it's taken so damn long to get a nice looking IRC client. KDE's finally putting one together (pic related) but it's still in beta.

>Personally, I think it's because it's taken so damn long to get a nice looking IRC client.
Holy shit, please be bait.
Also, irc is for specific subjects not a chatty gossip circle.

>Holy shit, please be bait.
There are people this stupid.

What? Literally every IRC client I've tried before, like HexChat for example, is fucking ugly and hard to read with awful formatting and everything all squashed together. People like Discord people it has a nice UI and it's easy to read messages because of the formatting. Finally, Konversation 2.0 offers something similar.

I meant to say: People like Discord because

people like discord because you can brand yourself with an epic circle picture and embed your shitty image macros to your gamer bros

Discord is just meme IRC. It's for giant faggots.

If you do any open-source development, it's still used very widely.