On my PC monitor, this YIFY still from Inception image looks like shit. But on my friend's Mac Book Pro, it looks fine

On my PC monitor, this YIFY still from Inception image looks like shit. But on my friend's Mac Book Pro, it looks fine.

Is his monitor shit, or is mine? I just have some Acer 144hrz monitor.

what model Acer is it? and did you fuck with the color settings? do you have some kind of software scaling turned on?

there are a billion things that it could be to make it look "shit"
what do you even mean by it looks shit? its blurry? blown out? too dark? colors fucked up?

I specifically bought IPS panel because a 144hz tn panel looked awful.

Acer 144hrz monitor from several years ago. I can see all the pixelation, like it looks super JPGed. I did mess a ton with the colors and brightness and it made my movies look.

On my friend's macbook, the image looks a little darker and all the JPG artifacts are hidden.

>it made my movies look

Forgot to finish. It made my movies look much better, but I still see some banding.

yify is shit dog. i'll tell you their magic, lower brightness contrast and kill colours [beside the bitrates]
also macs retinas are overrated shit with pwm

my hd jav looks 1000x better on my cheapshit vga dell monitor than on my 1080p laptop screen.
why?
it also works with shit source resolution: 480p animu looks far better on it than on the "good" monitor

>lower brightness contrast
that ''masks'' the terrible quality

if you buy a display for movies get a va

THANKS YIFY

V:10 A:10

>mentions hurtz
>not type of panel
man you ought to fuck of back to Sup Forums and learn to use a search engine

Anyone who uses a YIFY encode for films should just fuck off and not complain. Stop downloading shitty encodes then come back.

>Mac
Found your problem.

>On my friend's macbook, the image looks a little darker and all the JPG artifacts are hidden.
So turn down your brightness and your image quality can look as shit as your friends gaybook.

are you by any chance using vlc?

its a shit TN panel. 144hz TN panels make everything look like shit. My friend has one, and I cant stand to look at that monitor. Garbage.

Great for games tho, bad at everything else.

mpv

yeah cause you're upscaling it

It was the solution, not the problem you non-comprehending troglodyte.

>YIFY
Well there's your problem

Reading comprehension, pajeet.

>mactoddler subhuman
>calling someone else a troglodyte

/thread

>macbook screens are so fucking trash they make YIFY encodes look good

>plebeian insect
>calling anyone subhuman
o i am laffin

This is the correct answer. IPS monitors look 100x better than any TN panel. Shouldn't have fallen for the gaming monitor meme.

Your monitor would have to be broken to not notice all the banding to the right of his shoulder.