How does this make you feel, Sup Forums?

Not much as irc is trash and xdcc is the only thing that keeps it """alive"""

na te mit trollkodsz popfilter felyu

its the logical replacement, get over it

Why not circle ICQ, FTP, and XMPP while you are at it. If more than anything it's mIRC that bothers me. There are still some fucks that still use mIRC and think it's the best shit ever because they think they can run bots.

>electron
>proprietary code
>bad attitude behind development
yeah, user, it really is the future. Definitely better than a protocol that can be forked, upgraded, or just adapted as is, as has currently been done in the form of services like IRCloud that remove the need to always be connected.

Advanced management of channels and a large decentralized network of servers and service providers < centralized, shittily-made service that can't be altered with plugins.

You're worse than a mactoddler.

>A logical replacement
>Despite it being worse than what it's trying to replace

If you want your gross electron bloat with the meme slack interface, you could at the very least use Riot/Matrix. At least that way you wouldn't be getting your information sold to third parties.

feels good knowing there's so many cucks out there

There has to be a FOSS alternative in the works right?

Riot/Matrix.

I'm using it right now and it's wonderful, I tried to convince people to just use irc but they wanted fancy graphics and whatnot.

Please, oh code guru, explain to me how a centralized, browser-based text, image, and voice chat service can be compared on a "better/worse" scale to a text chat protocol.

If you want to tout something as "better" than Discord then at least choose something that actually does what it does.

Discord would be better if servers were actually servers, and not just hosted on discord's servers.

they wouldnt be able to control you that way lol

It's the only way to talk to my normie irl friends, because I refuse to buy phone service, and they refuse to use IRC. It's the compromise.

Wait for Sup Forums with emojis motherfucker.

what messaging protocol support voice, file sharing and registration, and have a nice client that support avatar, images and video?

riot/matrix

mirc is a fun irc client.. what don't you like about it?

is that asiri or whatever?

>browser-based
ever heard of an irc client

Jabber, but all of those are shit that a messaging protocol doesn't need

mIRC is a solid software, probably the most feature rich IRC software out there, it even allows you to run Bonzi Buddy

Why do you need all that bloat?

I hate all these faggots that made discord popular.

Discord is objectively better.

I wouldn't mind discord if they didn't sell my information.

yes

>I don't like features so nobody need them
this is the exact reason why IRC is dying, and why people are moving to more modern things

xmpp has been around for ages, and has been exploited by big companies, which crippled its adoption.

>botnet shilling botnet

>Reads everything you post
>Need an email to post

It will be when they release the server code so we can run our own servers outside their censorship echo chamber.

A chat service should be a dumb pipe, not something that enforces political views on kicks people out for having the wrong views.

My own views are fairly liberal but I can't get behind a service that censors political speech that is otherwise protected.

>If more than anything it's mIRC that bothers me.
>he didn't squeak the dev's nose every time he started the program
#Just90sKidThings

>proprietary code
Feel free to develop a better FOSS version and share your code/time with us

Riot.im, Wire, Mumble, RetroShare

>2018
>irc
KYS. Why would anyone use irc when there are many better IM's available nowdays?

IRC:
>not end-to-end encrypted without additional plugins
>uses servers = they can log everything, including your messages and metadata
>protocol is missing important features so servers must use million different scripts and bots which vary between different networks
>only text chat

TOX:
>easy to use
>uses P2P = no servers
>strong end-to-end encryption by default
>you can use it for encrypted voice- and video calls & filesharing too

>icq in pic
haha damn that brings back memories of me trying to chat up thots when I was a shitty teenager

who is this semen demon?

>tox
owo?

>KYS
Fuck off, underage.

Given the fact there is a shitton of furfags that use irc and discord at the same time, no surprise here.

oi fuck off, I'm a furfag and I use neither

how the fuck does it censor political shit
my friend and I have talked shit about everything imaginable, especially the jewish, and haven't had jack shit happen to our servers

what the fuck

friends* and their servers I mean.

Mc FUCKING kill urself pedo cunt

>not using a mailing list
irc is good for a news feed but any serious conversation belongs on a mailing list where everything gets archived by default on the server and by choice on my own system. any decent mail program can pull an individual chain down for viewing later plus you have the benefit of being able to use standard text tools like grep and sed on the archive.

chat is for teenagers with nothing to say but can't seem to shut up anyway.

They've closed nazi leaning servers before. They don't read stuff you send, there's just too much of it; but they do delete servers oriented toward stuff they think society would be helped by the removal of.

That's because your literally who server has like nobody on it for someone to report it to discord
Also, you and your friends talking shit about the juden probably has no effect on the actual kikery in the real world