Thinking of buying a Dell UltraSharp 27" 1440p monitor

Thinking of buying a Dell UltraSharp 27" 1440p monitor.

Does Sup Forums approve?

have the Dell Ultrasharp U2414H and colourwise its pretty awful, might aswell be TN next to good IPS monitors

dunno if this is similair to that

I've had my U2711 for over 6 years now, still going strong

Personally, I really don't see appeal of 1440p these days. You either budget with 1080p or go straight for 4k / 2160p.

All reviews I've read praise the colors so I dunno

I've read 1440p is ideal for 27", and I don't want to go bigger because that's too big for a desk monitor. 4K I'll save for my TV.

1440p @ 27" means you don't have to deal with scaling. You'd have to go 40"+ to use 4k comfortably without scaling. You also don't need as powerful of a graphics card if you want to run games.

I've used a 5k mac pro and I can barely tell the difference between that and my 1080p monitor at home because of how small it is. Colors were nice though.

1440p 144Hz monitors exist. That's the appeal for me at least.

I bought my 27" 1440p ips 144hz display a couple months ago and I couldn't be happier. 1440p is perfect for 27"

Even if you don't notice much quality difference because of the pixel density, you'd still get a lot more screen real-estate on your desktop which is nice.

I don't know if they are the same panel buy I have the U2715H and the colours are vastly superior to other IPS panels I've owned in the past.

> colourwise its pretty awful

don't listen to this guy.

27" 1440p Dells are probably as good now as they always were.

However, these days I don't really see the appeal of a bogstandard 1440p 60hz IPS monitor with no adaptive sync support with the cheaper or better options available. You can get a 144hz one with adaptive sync for nearly the same money.
I bought a 32" 1440p 75hz VA monitor with adaptive sync for 200€ recently, aww yiss the value

4K is still a TV-tier meme at this point, in terms of tradeoffs at least. Yeah, the PS4 Pro Xbone X do games at 4K now, but only with lower internal res, checkerboard rendering, 30fps, etc.
On top of that the upcoming 4K 120mhz models are gonna cost a fucking fortune

i'm just telling you what im seeing right now

>You'd have to go 40"+ to use 4k comfortably without scaling
You don't need to go THAT huge, they already see plenty useful from 32" upwards

>1440p 144Hz
Fair point, if that has value for you then 27" will do great.
I don't really care about refresh rates for my use (above the usual 60, that is).

>>You don't need to go THAT huge, they already see plenty useful from 32" upwards
I'm not saying they aren't useful at smaller sizes. I was simply saying you'd have to use scaling to be able to use it comfortably because everything becomes so small.

Approved.
One of the best monitors out there for getting shit done

Maybe get some glasses for your colorblindness?

144hz

I currently rock 2x Dell U2412M @ 1920x1200 and I want to upgrade to better monitors, I wont be upgrading my PC anytime soon, so only going up a bit in resolution means I can still play games.

How is that 1440p monitor? Is it worth to get over my current ones?

I almost bought one but then I went for the 4K LG version instead. I got an excellent used deal on amazon.

If the Dell sells for more than $400, get a Pixio PX2777 instead. You will not be disappoint.

ama