Literally the only thing stopping me from ever considering a windows machine...

literally the only thing stopping me from ever considering a windows machine. does windows 10 still have a hundred different context menus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2sd8RVsz0gY?t=176
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Turn on smoothing and it looks way better. Best appearance is if you enable ClearType and run the ClearType tuning wizard to get the subpixels the right way around and the gamma adjusted to your screen.

Yeah it has way too many kinds of context menu.

>chrome font rendering
vomite_chan.tiff

windows 10’s entire UI is still extremely patchwork, to my knowledge they haven’t done anything to rectify it
I can remember multiple times where i’ve tried to uninstall a program in “apps and features” (the new UI style) and it just opens “programs and features” i guess wanting me to just do it there

whole new font management system thing coming in next iteration (1803)
insider preview fast lane has it already

youtu.be/2sd8RVsz0gY?t=176

>considering Windows 10
lmao

Naw, they keep making more and more of the UI match about every 6 months or so. There's one image that someone posts on here about the inconsistently and most of that pic is now outdated

>tfw don't even have font smoothing
>tfw can read everything fine and don't care

screenshot taken from the first minute of the video

test

>meanwhile
with freetype 2.7+ you don't even need antialiasing or anything (well maybe just rgb) only have to alias sans to liberation sans, aromo or another font

>it's red because rgb enabled

>no rgb

>aromo
arimo

It needs a whole new font rendering system. Cleartype is ass.

>resizing a bitmap to show bigger pixels
>of something that relies on a sub-pixels

if you want bigger text, you increase the font size, not resize an image of small text

> wanting rough forts
tf is wrong with you?

>hundred different context menus

i haven't resized anything
that's a zoom feature of weston i thought i'd make use of

also like it says has no sub pixel rendering

what's your point

Please support Windows forts.

linux used to have shitty fonts too

first point is the text is already rendered to a bitmap

the second point is, as stated previously, if you want to make text bigger, you increase the font size, not resize a bitmap

zooming in on a bitmap does not show how a sub-pixel anti-aliased font is supposed to look because you're blowing out the sub-pixel tuned image to full pixels

>the second point is, as stated previously, if you want to make text bigger, you increase the font size, not resize a bitmap
who told you i want to make text bigger

>zooming in on a bitmap does not show how a sub-pixel anti-aliased font is supposed to look because you're blowing out the sub-pixel tuned image to full pixels
but i did show how it looks

?

Key words "used to".

Why is Windows STILL so shit?

>who told you i want to make text bigger
you zoomed in on text

>but i did show how it looks
you showed how an enlarged pixel looks. you didn't show how sub-pixel anti-aliasing looks

It's just shit font.

>you didn't show how sub-pixel anti-aliasing looks
but i did

What exactly is the issue here?

8 types of search bar

>feedback
>search bar
ok chief

lolwut it still does