Why there is no PS4 emulator yet?

I thought PS4 had a X64 processor and it would be easy to just emulate the video game.

But so far nothing yet.

Why is that?

Can't someone just make some drivers and fool the game into thinking it is running inside a PS4?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QMiubC6LdTA
comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/22/ps4-hacked-game-mods-ps2-emulation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anyone who posts after me is an utter fucking retard who needs to exercise some self-control

let it be

A proof-of-concept emulator exists already, but you'd need to own a PS4 to use it, and you can only use it with games you legally own. And people who are smart enough to use an emulator are probably also smart enough to not buy a PS4.

get out

The games often don't lend well to emulation, look at ps2 for example, only a handful of games work well. Wait 5-10 years then we will get somewhere maybe.

but there is

Sony hardware is much too advanced for some brainlet hackers to break in to. Notice how Nintoddler hardware is cracked within weeks. It's basically Fisher Price hardware.

The PS2 doesn't have an x86 nor x64 processor. It has a MIPS one, and port instructions between architectures is not like ctrl+c + ctrl+v as you may think.

>AMD GPU and CPU
>PS4
>not fisher price hardware

you're so stupid it hurts

1: >Can't someone just make some drivers and fool the game into thinking it is running inside a PS4

No. The PS4 runs a nonfree derivative of FreeBSD, and someone would have to reverse engineer those nonfree components, which is extremely hard. Blame the cuck license of FreeBSD.

2: >I thought the PS4 had a X64 processor and it would be easy to just emulate the video game

It's not necessarily that easy. The original Xbox uses an x86 processor, yet we're still just barely getting functional emulation for that. The lack of documentation, and implementation of nonfree components makes writing a kvm practically impossible.

3: >playing video games
grow up

>implying they won't just do the same with linux's nonfree license

There's too much bullshit going on to even begin on any single point without filling up 7+ post character limits.

I'll leave it at
>Crypto is horse shit because of 1 coprocessor amd made for this
>Takes a shitload of time and effort to fully deconstruct and rebuild the fucking thing
>But also can't use any of it's code

Aside from the obvious reasons why your retarded ass can't understand it you also have the following
>Sata runs straight into usb3.0
>Display port is run into external encoder for HDMI output
>No way to make use of updates and shit without private keys, can't decrypt certain shit that is needed
>Runs freebsd much so that at pre1.0 firmware there was a grub style bootloader to load OrbisOS from devkits (meaning you're more likely to build a PS4 dualbooting machine than emulator. There's a screenshot around for that if you wanna go find it)
>More crypto problems on top of the coprocessor bullshit

So do me a favor OP. Please off yourself or go to the psdev will and start reading because I can promise you you have so much more to understand.

It does have an x86_64 processor. There is probably nothing so far yet because unlike a lot of the previous consoles, it has a substantial operating system between the metal and the games and far better platform security. It's much harder to get access to the operating system and when you do there's a lot more of it to reimplement for games to start working. Console games don't just talk to the processor (anymore) nowadays they also have to talk to software libraries in the operating system, those are not part of x86 and make up the majority of the problem.

The other main issue. Not huge but annoying is file size of the games. you can get all the games n64 and prior no problem in a torrent. Anything newer and you are looking at a lot of file size.

youtu.be/QMiubC6LdTA

So why it no cracked then :^))))))

Check OG Xbox specs then read about the current state of its emulation.

>nonfree derivative of FreeBSD
what the fuck man

Console hackers often don't play video games at all. I remember that one guy who cracked some handheld video game console, saying he never played a single game on it.

BSD drones will defend this, while a non-free MINIX fork runs on ring -3 of their Intel CPU, watching their every move.

>have knowledge to deliver
>On bait thread on Sup Forums
>Phone posting because I should be sleeping
>Could be answering actual questions about this
Maybe one day I'll sit down and talk but today is not that day

people who are capable of doing so may not want to release it publicly because they're more interested in the unlocked hardware functionality of the ps4, not to emulate and pirate games

wow you really went all out on your pointless posts-game.

i happen to know a lot about this subject

PS4 use an x86 CPU but that is as far as it gets.
Chipset on a normal desktop with an AMD CPU would be a AMD chipset or southbridge what ever you want to call it, PS4 doesn't use what would be that AMD south bridge instead it uses a secondary ARM processor for the work that that southbridge would usually do.
There was a talk about the PS4 when trying to get linux running on it about the custom weirdness that sony did, needless to say the PS4 is not pure x86_64 and you just can't easily make an emulator for the PS4 despite what it has in common with a PC

It shouldn't be much longer:

comicbook.com/gaming/2018/01/22/ps4-hacked-game-mods-ps2-emulation/

There are still many custom and proprietary components to address. Emulation will still come with time, but the money right now is spent on Nintendo hardware.

I want to know why Citra hasn't been optimized yet.

I just hope they find a way to mine some shitcoin on consoles so all the cryptofags swipe all their stock and buttblast the whole (((gamining))) industry.

>X64 processor and it would be easy

only dumbasses said that

Donate to my Patreon ;)

Browser based mining would be interesting to see.

>tfw no wine for ps4

Linux can run on same hardware as windows and vice versa but they can't run all software the other can without uaing vms. PS4 has it's own software that will have to be translated on other systems. Plus shared ram stops it from running in a unmodified vm

Underrated