How many of the pictured dishes, drinks and desserts can you name?

How many of the pictured dishes, drinks and desserts can you name?

I expect 2 at best.

Let me describe them, left to right, top to bottom.

1. Poutine, originated in Quebec

French fries, gravy and cheese curds. The gravy is a special kind, and so is the cheese, you can't just take some cheddar and random gravy. Recipes for the sauce are online, but the cheese is only found here. Much better when served right after the cheese and sauce have been poured. If the fries are soggy and the cheese all melted, it's fucked. If the cheese makes a "squishy" sound it means it's fresh.

2. Tourtière, originated in Quebec

A simple meat pie made with minced pork and salty herbs, some variants (like the Saguenay one) have potatoes inside, but that's not necessary

3. Nanaimo Bars, originated in British Columbia

A bottom layer kinda like a wafer, with a layer of custard and covered in chocolate. Extremely tasty and easy to make. Raw.

4. Beaver tail, originated in Ontario

Fried dough that can be covered with various topping, chocolate, maple syrup/butter, whipped cream, etc. Name comes from the shape. Of course.

5. Butter Tart, originated in Ontario

Flaky pastry filled with a mixture of butter, sugar/syrup and eggs. Bakes until top hardens a bit. Can also be made with pecans, or raisins if you are a terrorist (don't do this).

Rest in next post.

6. Sugar pie, various origins

These things also exist in Europe, although the pictured version is mostly only found here. Simple mixture of butter, sugar, etc kinda like the butter tart. Terrible for your health, but good for the soul.

7. Peameal bacon, originated in Ontario

A variety of back bacon. From wikipedia :

"Peameal bacon (also known as cornmeal bacon) is a type of back bacon made from lean boneless pork loin, trimmed fine, wet cured, and rolled in cornmeal. Its development is credited to a Toronto, Ontario, ham and bacon curer, William Davies,[1] whose idea was taken on by emigrees from Wiltshire, England, who settled in Canada."
8. Ice Cider (originated in Quebec)

As the name implies, Ice cider is literally just cider that's made with naturally frozen fruits, which are picked in the dead of Winter. It allows sugars to concentrate, making for a very sweet tasting drink.

9. Chiard, originated in Quebec

A simple kind of stew made of potatoes, pork, lard and salty herbs. A staple of French Canadian cuisine, especially in poorer rural areas, as the ingredients are cheap and the result is very good.

10. Montreal style bagels, originated in Quebec

Compared to the New York style bagels, these ones are denser and smaller. A tad sweeter as well. Baked in a wood-fired oven. Places that sell them usually have the bakers work in front of everybody.

11. Sucre à la crème (originated in Quebec)

Almost the same as Tablets found in the UK. made of cream, butter and brown sugar (or maple syrup/sugar). Mixed together over heat until soft enough, then poured in a container until it hardens.

12. Montreal-style Smoked meat sandwich, originated in Quebec

Actually made by jewish immigrants, it's a deli kinda meat, made by curing brisket with spices. The meat is then smoked, usually in smoke houses where deposits are allowed to buildup. Served on rye bread with mustard. Only gonna be good if you get it in Montreal.

Last 3 in next post.

13. Caribou (originated in Quebec)

An alcoholic drink made of red wine mixed with liquor (usually whiskey), often sweeted with maple syrup. Usually served hot. But can be drunk cold as well.

14. Salmon pie

Very simple recipe, a mixture of salmon and potatoes are baked in pie dough. Delicious nonetheless. Ireland has something that's very close to it.

15. Creton (originated in Quebec)

Originated as the poorfag settlers version of French rillettes, made of minced pork mixed with onions and other spices. Nevertheless it became a classic and is now extremely popular, mostly in Quebec. Eaten on toasts.

Pls guise it took a while to write all this shit.

Most of that you got from us.

And us

It's literally all either British food, or Jewish deli food.

The rest of the food in this country is American.

Sandwich

>Tfw your thread is dope but no one pays it any mind.

What's the ice cube thing?

It's Caribou, the hot wine drink. It's served in ice glasses sometimes.

The name comes from an old drink loggers and such used to drink in Winter, made from caribou blood and I think whiskey.

Traditional French Canadian dish, Vin du Glace. You lick the ice away until you get to the wine,

that's what you get for bearing the leaf symbol

Another traditional Canadian dish from my hometown of Edmonton, AB. Donair. It is kebab meat (unknown meat), vegtables and sweet sauce wrapped in bread. Made by Lebs and various other Mediterranean types (though they might call it by different names).

What makes number 12 different than any pastrami sandwich from a Jewish deli? Sounds exactly the same (and looks it as well).

"Although the preparation methods may be similar, Montreal smoked meat is cured in seasoning with more cracked peppercorns and savory flavorings, such as coriander, garlic, and mustard seeds, and significantly less sugar[2] than New York pastrami. The recipe for Montreal steak seasoning is based on the seasoning mixture for Montreal smoked meat."

and yet newfies still invented the best LEAF food

Sounds good by me. I would eat pastrami every day of my life if I could, so this sounds alright by me.

Why does Newfoundland food look so disgusting but taste so good?

This looks like something you'd eat halfway through a fucking cold day while your mom/wife looks lovingly at you.

because newfies

Is this newfie poutine?