Bought shitty board (pic-related) and can't get my pc to boot to my ssd even though I'm certain the ssd isn't busted...

Bought shitty board (pic-related) and can't get my pc to boot to my ssd even though I'm certain the ssd isn't busted. It's running AMI Aptio 4.6.5.4, boot order is fine, can't get it to boot to usb either, the thing just crashes. It was completely new in box, did I get shilled? Should I just return the thing and find a board with an actual name? Guy on toms hardware told me to make sure I'm on Intel Sata port 0 but I have literally no clue where to find that in the bios, any help Sup Forums?

you're being retarded
show the bios

What a wonderfully basic board, layout is abit poor in places but looks nice.
Go to the boot tab you may be trying to boot MBR stuff on something this is only configured for UEFI

desu I wish I had one of these
I have a ghaymhur board instead and I fucking hate it

I'm tempted to build something with one of those chinese LGA2011 boards and taking advantage of stupidly cheap Reg ECC RAM

as autistic as it sounds I've been tempted to downgrade to sandy-bridge with an old optiplex.

I can sell my current RAM for so much it's hard to say no, and I get to show people that giving into intel shills isn't the only option

>layout is abit poor
>abit

i see what you did there.

I took out the other HDD to stop interference, no usbs either, it should be booting but I get the 'Reboot or Select Proper Boot Device' error

you need to change to UEFI or LEGACY
I had the same issue with a M91 lenovo when I tried an SSD

Go to CSM parameters

It's already on Legacy

>no CMOS battery nor holder

>no CMOS battery
u sure

?????????????????????????/

It's under the socket, I can only guess they where going to place it under the 1st PCIE socket but instead put under the socket and was too lazy to remove the silkscreen

just to make sure set boot option filter to both legacy and UEFI if it allows you to do that

Set it to both legacy and uefi, still gives me the reboot error, do the other options there set to legacy matter?

Holy shit look at that 24 pin placement.
OP, post when your VRMs start a housefire after overclocking the 9000 core Xeon you'll put on it.

it's only an i7 4930k, idc about overclocking atm I just want the damn thing to work

>can't boot to usb
How was it formatted? What settings were made in rufus?
Perhaps you should just wipe the drive clean and install it uefi mode.

Not really your just trying to boot from an SSD.
This is really odd since the BIOS recognizes the SSD so as long as there is a operating system installed it should boot.
I can only say try getting a windows install USB using rufus on a known good flash drive

LMFAO @ this fucking layout.
What the actual fuck... I just noticed that. Did the board engineers literally laugh their ass off while designing this or is this shopped? There's no fucking way... hahahahaha

fyi booting to windows boot manager took me to the analyzing page and then stayed there and froze

fat32, default rufus settings, installed windows 10 on a friends pc using the same usb 3 days ago and it worked perfectly

already done that, pc freezes on this screen, sometimes beforehand, sometimes doesnt boot to it at all

pic didnt upload

Shift-F10 -> diskpart -> select disk 0 -> clean

Then reboot your installer USB and try installing again.

it's frozen, shift f10 does nothing, redoing the usb now

i still run sandy bridge user its still good to this day

why buy a 4930k when you can buy a 3820 and oc it to 4.8-9ghz and blow more money on a used x79 mobo? cpus arent the problem on x79 mobos are, good mobo for the 79 chipset is the Asus P9X79 deluxe

Bought the cpu 4 years ago, considering returning the mobo if I can't fix it and getting something with a name

This mobo was supposed to be a placeholder for like a year until I upgrade everything

Tried a new usb with known working windows iso, pc freezes before language settings. Do I just say fuck it and get a used x79 board? They're expensive as fuck

UPDATE: I changed Boot Option Filter, Launch Storage OpROM policy and Launch Video OpROM policy to UEFI under CSM Parameters and managed to get the Windows 7 loading screen (what's installed on the ssd), I'm almost there (maybe)! Any suggestions on whether these options should be Legacy, UEFI, combination etc.?

I have no idea what a bios is or does sorry

relatable

Lol
User friendly amirite?

legit just mess with these settings until it boots>
I've had issues with them booting to USB but not the SSD after installation which leads to a huge fuck up so be patient

You should probably learn that as it's important to know if you wanna Do The Computers.

BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System.
It handles the start up and management of basically everything. It's like a manager, I guess.

Well, I booting into safe mode results in checking all the files, then freezing before it makes it to the OS. The 'Repair Your Computer' option makes it load the files then freeze and normal boot makes it load windows 7 then freeze before it actually gets to the OS. I feel like there's some silly option of something I've disabled/enabled, any clues?