ITT: Dumb shit you've heard

ITT: Dumb shit you've heard
>"torrenting is pirating"

"Intellectual property"

how is it not pirating?

I don't care if people pirate but that is totally infringing on copyright

You know you can torrent perfectly legal things.

sure but how often do you use deluge to get linux distros as opposed to music?

90% of the time maybe?

You're retarded

Black lives matter

nice thread op

I can safely say I do. Who pirates music anymore when youtube is a thing? I'm listening to Temperature right now.

Most distros recommend torrenting ISOs to put less stress on the servers.

More often than I use it to pirate shit. Although I don't even know if I have a torrent client on this computer and can't think of the last time I used one, so few places actually use it anymore. Use to be pretty common, but I guess cheap storage servers are cheaper these days.

I'm sorry, most of the other dumb shit I've heard is not too tech related unless you count
>"math is not needed in life"

It's not gay unless the balls touch

That's why I only fuck castrated males.

>youtube
Enjoy your ear cancer

This. Also, other projects do the same thing, like when the DMOZ was released before it was finally killed. Wikipedia also serves dumps of its database and content via torrent

Piracy is robbery and violenxeat sea, which is bad since you nay die or lose goods. Sharing and torrenting is good for society as told by common sense and Jesus Christ.

Don't get fooled by profit-propaganda which tries to make sharing look like murder and theft.

iOS is good

And that torrents automatically verify the integrity of the file

DDR4 RAM is faster because it uses 4 numbers instead of just 1 and 0

>DDR4 RAM is faster because it uses 4 numbers instead of just 1 and 0
Who the fuck says that.

the guy you're responding to, dumbass

>t. boomer

>"Why aren't there more female CEOs? It's unfair."

Bitcoin will go to 100k

>making a copy of some ones and zeros is the same as raping, killing and stealing

99% of torrenting is piracy though.

Sharing is not piracy, brainlet.

He's right though. Nobody torrents linux. Good luck trying to get anyone to dl it from you.

the fuck are you on about

> torrenting is pirating
Windows updates is pirating

You don't have to make a profit for it to be copyright infringement, and you also don't have to be the one sharing it.

Less than 100% of the time.

YouTube's audio quality is noticeably shit. The songs lose a lot of their bass.

Low-bitrate audio that has been compressed multiple times and basically sounds like complete shit

>Who pirates music anymore when youtube is a thing

There is no need for the client to download from others when the dedicated servers for those files that torrent them are fully saturating the users download speed. In this case, torrenting is more of a filesafe and faster transfer protocol.