Why are there no free mmorpgs for linux?

why are there no free mmorpgs for linux?

this is a linux thread more than a gaming thread

Because usually MMOs try to easily cover as many people as they can.
What does that mean?
Make a game for windows with low requirements.
If Linux had more users there'd be more games for it.

as far as I'm aware RuneScape has a linux launcher, and that game is free. The NXT client client is a grand piece of work and it was essentially just one guy that made it.

why would there be? linux is not for kids.

Ryzom is open source, under agpl i think.

>linux is not for kids
It is

Why they have a penguin racing down a ski slope game then?

dunno. some pajeet created it, I guess.

You don't know and aren't sure then te reason might very well be that Linux is for kids?.

I don’t think Koreans can use Linux lol they are stuck with Windows xp mate

It's for autists and spergs, not kids.

>Developer(s) Sunspire Studios (Jasmin Patry, Patrick Gilhuly, Eric Hall, Rick Knowles, Vincent Ma, and Mark Riddell)

LINTODDLERS STRUGGLING TO COPE

>I-it was s-some pajeet
>all white guys turn out to be the developers.

hahahahahah

Only spastics use Linux

Guild wars 2. Objective ly the best one out there. Now fuck off.

i think it's because they are all made by koreans and koreans don't use linux

This, doesn't matter if you're on linux, windows or macs. The game is free forever but you gotta BUY MEMBERSHIP to do more and spend money on MTX for special stuffs.

I play turbo mode in dota 2

MMORPGs are one of the worst things you can do to yourself

The mana world

MMOs require infrastructure you fucking moron.

Look at steam for games

Why are winshits incapable of using google?

Maybe because it would be easier to cheat.

MMOs are fucking expensive to host and develop. Why the fuck would anyone offer it for free?

with bonds the membership is essentially "free" once you can maintain the upkeep of around 1m daily, which could be done in less than 10 minutes of daily activities like vis wax, flasks, rune runs, and invention machines. It's honestly not a bad mmorpg, the mtx isn't game breaking unless you care about the hiscores, the combat is decent, the quests are great, skills and crafting are good as well. There's also the fact that the mobile version of the game is coming out soon, which I'm sure all the optimizations from the NXT client are to thank for. It's impressive that such a massive online game that's nearly two decades old can still run so well, is still popular, and has been updated weekly all these years.

There was a time when jamflex intended F2P to "be its own game, not a demo". A few months later they started adding P2P paywall ads instead in lieu of the " You need to be on a member's server" message. For a while, P2P was the only thing you could buy, then cosmetics, then straight up in-game currency and XP.

Now F2P is practically tutorial/demo for P2P. And P2P is P2W.

I was mostly a member but spend considerable time on F2P as a wee lad. I regret every second of my time spent in RS. A chunk of my life I'm never getting back. Everyday, I can feel my friends list (which is now red). My clan, even my rivals. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Also this

why do you think it's called "pacman"

albion online, it came out less than a year ago and is pretty fun. its like even but medieval and less features

Don't Koreans need to use some old Windows versions because they're forced to use some shitty ActiveX based system for any kind of online payment?

its like eve online*