Why the fuck are Latin Americans so obsessed with anime?

Why the fuck are Latin Americans so obsessed with anime?

You'd expect third worlders to be more concerned with things like food and shelter, but no, all you see in their threads is anime.

Why is this cultural phenomenon a thing?

me encanta el anime... rupia es la mejor chica aun que kanan seya muy guapa. jejeje

small chests are not banned like in prision-land, cunt

I like anime and manga
I see it all the time even in breaks at work

Moe is the only functional escapism from this hell we have to call home. When you post anime, there is no crime, no hunger, no pain. Just moe.

It helps them forget about the fact they live in Latin America

>t. ex-yu

i fucking hate anime and weebs

l\a\t

The autists in normie outgoing countries tend to be even bigger autists than normal.

wait a second, slovakia isn't slovenia

iunno, latin americans are some strange people. some of them outwardly appear normie as fuck, but they have hidden nerd-shit behavior.

i've met a few brazilian students who appear suave or outgoing, but secretly logs like 50+ hours a week on obscure steam games or obsess over pokemon or something you wouldn't expect.

Slovenia is actually first world

normies are secret autists, they just hide it really well imo.

canadians are upfront if they have some hobby people think is nerdy or kinda frown upon, brazilians i've met just hide it in secret shame.

I don't know what you are talking about, we only watch DBZ.

Dragon ball Z is the symbol of a whole generation raised in the 80s, 90s and even 00s. Naruto is the bread of every day even when dealing with the normiest of normies, so people are all introduced to the weeb world, i had very normie friends asking me for recs, and i even made them watch stuff like sora no otoshimono and raildex and they actually liked it. I think every normie here has had his dose of weebness.

Slovakia seems comfy too

This tbqh. I'm normie as fuck but most of my hobbies are """""""lame"""""""

For the 80s it was Saint Seiya.

In the 90s it was DB, DBZ, Digimon, Ranma 1/2, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc.

This.

Also, because a lot of people here are not able, for some reasons, to reach a state of mental maturity, so they get more inclined towards neckbeardish hobbies like anime

why? well, most of us, when we were children, used to watch shit tons of anime: Dragon Ball, DBZ, dragon quest, captain tsubasa, saint seiya, slam dunk, cowboy bebop, samurai champloo, gundam wing, ranma 1/2 and many others because there was nothing interesting being broadcasted at that moment, just shitty soap operas and never footbal games (oh, and some shows on cartoon network, when it was good and not the piece of crap they broadcast nowadays). DBZ is the symbol of a generation.