Why apple remove the only reason why i like macbooks?

Why apple remove the only reason why i like macbooks?

Other urls found in this thread:

rosenberger.de/ok/index.php?caller=xlink&url=detail.php&oldcaller=searchcritax&itemID=3530
marco.org/2017/10/14/impossible-dream-of-usb-c
engadget.com/2010/06/24/apple-responds-over-iphone-4-reception-issues-youre-holding-th/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What the fuck did they change?

The charger. Now it's an USB-C connector

Yea, that's kinda gay.

'Proprietary and overpriced' vs 'Standard and easily available'
I don't see the issue here.

Cause that shit made sparks and caught MacBooks on fire.

They never cared about your clumsy ass. The MagSafe was just a gimmick for you to feel superior to the win cucks now they have the all in one port.

I liked the MagSafe because the plugging in was automagical but it never saved me.

Charge cable with zero insertion force that magnetically attracts to the port.
The most satisfying and easy power connector for laptops of all time.

The only think more satisfying is dropping an AMD processor into a socket.

What an incredibly frivolous thing to get hung up over.

because you double nigger, they will add it back in a few generations time and IT WILL BE NEW AN IMPROVED>

The USB-C charging implementation they went with is more costly than the magsafe.

They need to have a chip that can mux the power rail on every charge compatible port, which means four of those chips per four port Macbook and a much more complicated board design.

Apple had the worst cables, but the magsafe idea itself was genius, which is why they patented it.

>the magsafe idea itself was genius
It wasn't their idea. They stole it off of chinese kitchen appliances or some shit like that.

Haha I'm fairly certain the Chinese didn't invent anything except their own language, everything else they stole from someone else.

Coke Classic marketing.

The only thing chinks havs pioneered is how to produce toxic low quality material to save 5% of the cost.

And poisoning their own population for profit.

The Microsoft Surface Pro doesn't have this problem.

Magsafe included more than just the magnets to hold the connector to the device. It has a communication bus to talk to the device and negotiate with the charger, something USB-C has, but not previous USB specs.

Don't tempt me, bro

USB-C is proprietary dumbass

Are you literally retarded?

(You)

The Surface Book has it as well, it's fantastic. Microsoft has out-Mac'd Apple.

Usb-c is superior. It allows high speed charging, high speed data transfer, video transfer to run monitors, and audio transfer for speakers all in one port.

>Can't charge laptop and transfer data at the same time
Hehe.

>tfw

Why not just get a magnetic usb-c cable?

Neither do I. USB-C is a good standard, hightly compatible betweem devices, and it can replace all the connectors. Even it's good for replacing the RJ45, for fucks sake!

>Even it's good for replacing the RJ45
Nah, it's missing the ability to be run over relatively long distances and the ease of making your own cables.

1 meter of USB-C to connect a computer to the router is not a long distance, it's fairly short in fact...

RJ45 is a jack. You don't need 8P8C the same way you don't need a serial port on your laptop. Just get a USB adapter.

>everybody has a computer 1m away from the router
>nobody has more than 1 computer

> nobody has more than 1 computer

I got 3, 2 of them are laptops...

eh I disagree. USB-C cables are not better than cat5e/cat6 cables. Inexpensive 100 meter gigabit cables you can terminate yourself is not going to be beat by expensive USB cables.

But I didn't say they're better, I said it could replace them. Another thing is that USB-C as networking cables are shit...

>You have a single computer
>Your router is placed next to your computer
Those are some pretty stupid assumptions you're making.

>RJ45 is a jack
Yes, I know. But I didn't really want to appear as a turbo autist and correct him.
Obviously I'm actually talking about CAT6/CAT5e or similar.
>Just get a USB adapter
Why?
Desktops have shitloads of space for PCI-e, so space is not at any premium.

So do some other laptop chargers. The only real difference between magsafe and another charger is the physical connector.

>everybody uses wifi on they're laptops and never lan

That's a bait so big it could be saw looking at the fucking sky

Nobody in here is talking about desktop computers. It's about mobiles. No laptop needs 8P8C connector anymore desu. because you can and should make them slimmer than the connector.

Who the fuck brought up laptops?

Not at all, I use my laptop with Ethernet more days than not.

Nigger where the fuck do you think you are? Go read OP post or any reply. Desktop PCs don't charge you dumb nigger.

Someone tried to charge his surface pro with usb C and it was slower than when he charged it with the proprietary magnetic charger.

I'm really surprised that this isn't the standard
I remember really appreciating the original Xbox breakaway cable, same concept but without magnets, just a loose coupling that wouldn't pull your console with the cable. Magnet coupling really improves upon this making it convenient to attach and detach.

dude. DO NOT get that shit.

i bought those and when you hold your phone, your pinky is right on the edge of that little thing, after 5-10 minutes youll notice it. it fucken hurts.

>whad is komputahs

Because of the physical shape or does it transfer energy to your finger? I can deal with the former, I don't want the latter.

It should be the former.

That entirely depends on what phone you have and how you hold it

rosenberger.de/ok/index.php?caller=xlink&url=detail.php&oldcaller=searchcritax&itemID=3530
Its basically a knock off of magnetic DIN connectors used in the medical industry

Based Microsoft.

pretty sure nobody's quite certain how the moon runes came to be so it's completely likely that they stole that too

Ha, what a classic defense mechanism. Call the other person bait before you are. You would have dodge a downvote or two elsewhere.

5/7, so retarded it made me reply.

You're just retarded for thinking everybody has a router next to PC. Believe it or not, some people use lan on their laptops too.

Well OP *buurp* I have no idea what could go wrong *burp* with high strenght neodynium magnets and *burp* electricity

>Prefers proprietary expensive charger over an industry standard
Mac users everyone

USB-C Dongle when

Ink
Compass
Gunpowder
Parasol
Paper

You are thinking about Japanese, not Chinese. Japanese are without imagination and did not invent a thing. To be honest, they can perfect anything they lay their hands on

for work, this kind of thinking is an atrocity
first they took away our com port, then they took us the Express card. looking at the new Latitude, next is RJ45 jack and after that the docking station.
meanwhile, im stuck with an 2core centrino because theres nothing to upgrade anymore

Oh. My. G*d.
This is fricken hilarious.

I'll take something better over the standard any day

The first generation was ass tho, it almost never went in without a fight.

>did not invent a thing
How did they survive centuries of isolation, then?

Superior my ass.
marco.org/2017/10/14/impossible-dream-of-usb-c

ThinkPads have both.

>implying you never tripped over a charging cable, (almost) sending a laptop flying

> you're holding it wrong

I never said that

> the joke
> (You)

Only bad comedians blame the audience.

How young are you?

Why?

Underage, or late bloomer?
engadget.com/2010/06/24/apple-responds-over-iphone-4-reception-issues-youre-holding-th/

Neither, I knew about the you're holding it wrong thing when it happened.

didn't know that multishilling was a thing

because macbooks were obviously too thicc, duh.

>2010
Wow this meme is FRESH

its really not frivolous when you accidentally trip on the power cable and your laptop doesn't come crashing down on the floor.

MULTI-BRAND SHILLING

>isolation
it's more of a one-way deal
anything useful comes in
nothing that'd give advantage to their enemies (i.e. errbody) gets out

>muh USB C
Becuase Tim Cuck literally has no control of Jony Ives, they're essentially on equal footing, which is fucking retarded.

Jobs you fucking fruit juice drinking mong, if you can read this - just I know I fucking hate you. You destroyed the best laptop brand ever by drinking fucking fruit juice.
FRUIT JUICE YOU PRICK.

Been using it for my laptop and phone for 11 months now. Works perfectly.

Let me guess, you literary bouth the cheapest one off eBay?

saving few cents by removing ports, they don't give a shit about you or anyone, naturally

Fruit juice is good, it has nothing to do with Apple being shitty or Jobs being an asshole-boss while he was alive.

you can get one of those magsafe adapters for micro USB and USB C.

The shape. I got blisters on my pinky after a day.

If they invented their own language, then the truths hidden behind it gives them everything they need. Notice for instance the character for water (水) looks a lot like the structure of the water molecule. This was thousands of years after the filthy wh*Teoids of the west even knew what an atom was, and when they finally did discover it what other purpose did they use it for but to destroy?

Courage.

1.) USB C + Thunderbolt can carry a higher voltage and thus deliver a faster charge
2.) Now you can charge from literally any port on the computer, which means you can choose which side to charge from, which is extremely convenient.
3.) MagSafe had a tendency to burn during shortages.
4.)

Lol how are you on Sup Forums in China?
How'd you get through the firewall lmao?

This. The wh*Teoid race is the reason why everyone can't have nice things. These disgusting barbarians ruin everything.

being able to charge it on either side is nice. they should have at least made the patent public so people could make 3rd party cables

I don't string my power cables on the floor in the first place so I don't have that problem.

?

They also soldered the charging port to the motherboard. Means if you trip over the charging cord (which everyone has done) you risk ripping it off the motherboard and essentially making it unfixable short of getting out your soldering iron.

You never had to charge your laptop in a place where the only available power outlet was in an awkward and dangerous place? Magsafe was a godsend.

>Charge cable with zero insertion force that magnetically attracts to the port.
Then get one of those cables with magnetic bits that you leave in your laptop you double nigger

>something better
>shit
You're just dying for excuses to post le ebin Applel maymays