Start to look into setting up a home media sever

>Start to look into setting up a home media sever.
>Try out Kodi, Plex, & Embry,
>All good, but really like the simplicity of Plex.
>Alright, time to ditch Netflix, Hulu, Blu-Rays, etc.
>Realize I need at least 100TB to manage all of this.
>Realize how pricey this is.

The fuck am I supposed to do?

get a job

credit cards

become a jew

stick to 480p

This

Refer to you nerd

install gentoo

>he is actually able to find anything worth watching or listening to to warrant setting up a home media server

What a fucking normalfag get a load of this guy.

>100TB
Go the fuck outside rather than spending so much time watching TV and/or get better compression.

why don't you just torrent it and display it from the rig

Perhaps I want to keep what I download and not constantly be removing/re-adding certain titles? Especially things I like to watch again on occassion

>100TB
wtf man, i have like 220 1080p movies and a bunch of series and it's only 3.75 TB.

I'm roughly sitting at about 500 to 600 Blu-Rays, just for movies, and about another 100 for TV shows and anime.

good goy
don't ever stop watching it

What about doing something else than fiction with all that precious metals?

Movies and TV are garbage. Switch to anime.

Just use Netflix and Hulu you fag. You don't need 100TB of storage for TV and movie storage. If you think you do, you're a digital hoarder.

Even when CREATING 4K content at 4GIGs/minute unconpressed you would need 400+ hours of material to fill the 100TB. That’s a full feature hollywood movie. If it’s 4K drone footage, at 20 minutes per charge, you would need 1200 flights/charged to fill that up. You’re overkilling it.

>buy drives that amount 50TB
>pay for several one-click hosters for shit quality piracy
>waste $3000 for hardware to replace a $10 Netflix subscriptions

Congratulation for not participating in the "botnet".

Just do it. I got a 16 bays rack 4u chassis and slapped in it 32 gigs of ram, a couple of hba, a nvs300 for video out and a ryzen 1600.

>I need 100TB for BD rips
Nigger how many movies do you watch where you need that much? Assuming the average rip is 20GB you only need a single TB for 50 movies

all of this ones below
I found myself in a very same predicament as you, so I made myself a question: How much of all the media I have am gonna watch it again and again? so, you really need 100TB?

Even then, most rips that are re-encoded well would be able to reduce it to ~5GB, which is more than enough for yearly trash that one would watch once and hoard for no reason. Personally, I would only reserve straight-up 20GB remuxes for movies that I actually like.