Tfw you realize Led Zeppelin is god-tier

>tfw you realize Led Zeppelin is god-tier

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j28erFEaSQg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin_DVD
musictimes.com/articles/6250/20140520/7-songs-other-than-stairway-to-heaven-that-led-zeppelin-stole.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=3TdJmkv9lyI
youtube.com/watch?v=Skx5qP65r2g
youtube.com/watch?v=qoqQnR8NOVI
youtube.com/watch?v=4t59S92GpTc&nohtml5=False
youtube.com/watch?v=qyI7QAnaVQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=77lTCWRTy8g&nohtml5=False
youtube.com/watch?v=yZgblTKscX0
youtube.com/watch?v=g4EyM5r1iRI
youtube.com/watch?v=mRJ9_yHiNmg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_o4omd8T5c
youtube.com/watch?v=j6nCdlyuJ6g
youtube.com/watch?v=CYABfZ7HMhM
youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_bTymOAyk
youtube.com/watch?v=2YZ_lIpG1XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K2W-_7WYbus
youtube.com/watch?v=7kBX0K9nxPc
youtube.com/watch?v=gaSnMZ973V4
youtube.com/watch?v=bsZKBVKT4K4
youtube.com/watch?v=xTrQ7vUZsIo
youtube.com/watch?v=_oZWM_VhkoM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw i agree

Only II and HotH are god tier
the rest ranges from mediocre shit to pretty good

Ah, congrats OP. You've just turned 14, discovered masturbation and are in your "Led Zeppelin is God" phase.

Next you'll discover Jimi Hendrix. Heady days.

yes

Ah, congrats. You've just turned 17, discovered indietronica and are in your "Led Zeppelin is bad" phase.

Next you'll discover post-rock. Heady days.

No need to tell us that you just hit puberty OP

I didn't know gods stole from their opening bands and blues niggers

>Only II and HotH are god tier
true, but their live performances are 11/10
youtube.com/watch?v=j28erFEaSQg

Ah, congrats. You've just turned 20, discovered poseur core and are in your "do u even Merzbow" phase.

Next you'll discover Gerogerigegege. Heady days.

I made a thread about LZ not so long ago.

They did introduce a lot to rock in terms of production, sound and song structure. But it didn't make their blues rehashes sound any less stale. In result they sound less like rock innovators and more like Stevie Ray Vaughan.

As for Robert Plant, he had good voice. But half of LZ lyrics were copied from blues songs without giving credit. Simple googling will show you that. "OOOOH SWEET MAMA I WANNA BE YO BACKDOOR MAN" doesn't cut it for me.

>their blues rehashes
>half of LZ lyrics were copied from blues songs without giving credit. Simple googling will show you that. "OOOOH SWEET MAMA I WANNA BE YO BACKDOOR MAN
i mean yeah Led Zeppelin I was fairly mediocre apart from a couple songs, but what they brought to the table and what brought them fame had nothing to do with rehashes or stealing

>tfw you realised this when you were 8 years old

I don't like Loop Zoop, but even I have to admit their s/t concer video is fucking amazing.

>s/t concer video
I don't know what you're referring to

Ah, congrats. You've just turned 25, discovered Tibetan throat singing and are in your "monotheistic guttural oversinging" phase.

Next you'll discover lowercase. Heady days.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin_DVD

>s/t
this is what I don't know what you mean
I'm well aware of all the officially released zeppelin live footage but i dont know what "s/t" is

"Self Titled"

ah, gotcha

you should check out "The Song Remains The Same" and "How the West was Won"

it's weird because only half of each is god tier

like rock and roll is complete trash on TSRTS yet GOAT on HTWWW, then they Robert goes on to blow himself the fuck out with Stairway to Heaven

my personal live playlist I listen to almost weekly is
HTWWW
>Immigrant song
>heartbreaker
TSRTS
>celebration day
>TSRTS
>Rain Song
>Stairway
HTWWW
>Going to california
>bron-y-aur-stomp
>rock and roll
>the ocean

It's not about stealing, it's about what they took. They played blues for way too long without building much on top of it. Also, I don't remember Page wrote particularly good melodies, he just sounded like Howling Wolf/BB King/Muddy Waters and so on. It was a straight ticket to oblivion after the 1960s.

At the time when Pink Floyd, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Rush, Yes, and of course King Crimson were actually going away or improving upon old blues, Page continued to hold on to it. No wonder they were on their way to the "out door".

Unsurprisingly, some of the best LZ songs were made when they tried something different. Kashmir and Achille's last stand are prime examples of it. But still Page always came back to blues again.

Did it really take you a lot of time to realize that?

daily reminder that lez zeplen were a bunch of music thieves and their fans are the most delusional and mediocre people on earth

this. jesus chirst i hate them
musictimes.com/articles/6250/20140520/7-songs-other-than-stairway-to-heaven-that-led-zeppelin-stole.htm

This

Led Zepellin are nothing but a bunch of thieves stealing from black bluesmen and traditional folk songs

First off yeah they stole a shitload but nobody cares because they improved the fuck out of what they stole. Genesis, Yes and Jethro Tull are all shit tier. Sticking to old ways doesn't mean your music is shitty, see- Rolling Stones, Cage the Elephant, Black Keys, early and late Beatles. Kashmir and Achille's last stand aren't even close to their best songs. Blues is in every genre of popular music shithead.

mfw i've never listened to a led zeppelin song

They are both the epitome and dad-rock and the inventors of cock-rock/hair metal. Also they stole many of their songs from lesser known blues musicians and have shitty fans.

Dude, I've 23 years old.

You gonna go listen to some boring ass oldschool blues then faggot?

i've heard the stairway song. in no way is any more than 5 or 6 notes "stolen"

I mean fuck, if that counts as stealing then chord progressions and fucking time signatures should start being copywritten

youtube.com/watch?v=3TdJmkv9lyI
There yah go buddy, listen to the whole thing in it's entirety since the original is sooo good and isn't boring as shit at allll.

This board really needs anons like you guys

Physical Graffiti and IV are just as good, plen

Genesis, Yes and Jethro Tull are way, waaaaaaaaaaay better than Led Zepleb in every aspect imaginable

you criticize music using "boring". I'm not gonna take you seriously because you are a fuckin pleb

>thinking ANYTHING is as good as HotH
>calling ANYONE else a plen
boring is a legitimate criticism. if music evokes no response from the listening it can cause boredom and its a flaw in the music

the best to my dumbass

I can smell your greasy ponytail from here. I bet you think Steven Wilson is one of the best musicians of the 21st century.

haha no. IV is pretty good though.

>"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"
Zeppelin did nothing wrong here, they covered Joan Baez' version which had no writing credit at all so it was credited as Traditional. Unbeknownst to them it was actually written by Anne Bredon. Hint: the internet wasn't around in 1968

>"Black Mountain Side"
Uncredited and should have been credited to Jansch. No issue with this claim.

>"Bring It On Home"
The intro section was intended as a tribute rather than trying to pass it off as their own work, given that it was almost the same as the original. However it should have been credited.

>"Communication Breakdown"
youtube.com/watch?v=Skx5qP65r2g
youtube.com/watch?v=qoqQnR8NOVI
There is similarity, probably an influence but there's no way you credit it to Cochran. Music doesn't exist in a vacuum.

>"Custard Pie"
youtube.com/watch?v=4t59S92GpTc&nohtml5=False
youtube.com/watch?v=qyI7QAnaVQQ
I'm really not sure where Custard Pie comes from that. It's quite ludicrous really and shows the true intentions of the people who come up with this drivel.

>"Dazed And Confused"
Probably the worst of the claims, no issue with this either. Obviously taken from Holmes.
>"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper"
So now we have Custard Pie and Hats Off To (Roy) Harper, two imaginably different songs from one blues song (Shake 'Em On Down linked above) that sounds nothing like either. Ridiculous.

"In My Time Of Dying"
youtube.com/watch?v=77lTCWRTy8g&nohtml5=False
youtube.com/watch?v=yZgblTKscX0
This is Bob Dylan's version. Obviously it sounds exactly like Led Zeppelin's version!! More importantly he also credited it to traditional but of course only Zeppelin stole it!!

1/2

2/2
>"The Lemon Song"
A slowed down version of Killing Floor definitely. No issue here.

>"Moby Dick"
youtube.com/watch?v=g4EyM5r1iRI
youtube.com/watch?v=mRJ9_yHiNmg
Moby Dick right here folks. Such absolute drivel.

"Nobody's Fault But Mine"
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_o4omd8T5c
youtube.com/watch?v=j6nCdlyuJ6g
Once again we see how much the Led Zeppelin "version" sounded exactly nothing like the "original".

>"Stairway To Heaven"
A similar chord progression for the opening lick, such plagiarism!!

>"White Summer"
youtube.com/watch?v=CYABfZ7HMhM
youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_bTymOAyk
This one really does sound like Jimmy's version, almost identical. No issue with this claim.

So there we have it, precisely 4 Led Zeppelin songs (2 of which were instrumental guitar pieces) were genuine rip offs out of 100+.

imo what Led Zep did with old blues songs is kinda what Kanye has done with Otis Redding, Can, Daft Punk, etc. Except Led Zeppelin consistently made the music better. The original versions of Dazed and Confused and When the Levee Breaks are pretty shit in comparison. From a monetary perspective, what they did was really shitty but from a musical perspective they did nothing wrong.

>stealing music is wrong unless you improve it

Jesus christ Led Zeppelin's fanbase are disgusting as hell

Taking someone else's music and modifying it isn't wrong as long as you pay up, but it can still be gross, like nightcore.

they did a lot of stuff that was really cool outside of rock / pop

here are some of my favorites
youtube.com/watch?v=2YZ_lIpG1XQ

youtube.com/watch?v=K2W-_7WYbus

youtube.com/watch?v=7kBX0K9nxPc

youtube.com/watch?v=gaSnMZ973V4

lucifer rising is jimmy page. it has nothing to do with zeppelin

One day you will become a true patrician and, after laughing uncontrollably because they are a joke band that did songs about cars and surfing, realize how much better the Beach Boys truly are than Led Fucking Zeppelin.

Good studio band, avoid live.

Ah, congrats. You've just turned 3650, discovered music and are in your "music is good" phase.

Next you'll discover more music. Heady days.

Genesis is an abomination of music

>Tfw the songs they stole. They made better
Lel. Now tell me again on why I should care about some folk/blues artist?

Page didn't even make the best Lucifer Rising soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=bsZKBVKT4K4

Ah, congrats. You've become an ageless cosmic cloud computer, discovered solar vibrations and are in your "I am one with the cosmos" phase.

Next you'll discover that I am we the universe and you are a part of us. Heady days.

itt faggots pretending that appreciating Led Zeppelin is a phase

this

Zep is G.O.A.T.

Haha, nope.

BABY BABY BABY OH OH OHHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

They literally copied whole paragraphs of lyrics, didn't even attempt to change a couple of words. They are great but they are still just a band

MAMA MAMA OOOH WELL OOOH WELL

>reddit

Led Zeppelin did a whole lot for music—there's no denying that. But their cult blinds people to their obvious shortcomings—namely that they played incredibly backwards music most of the time. Compared to what Hendrix did on Are You Experienced and what Stooges did in their short time as a band, Led Zeppelin sounded like retrogrades they were. Instrument wankery really means nothing, when Page sounded too old for music even in the 70s.

you're a bellend and you don't know anything.

led zeppelin I pretty much invented hard rock. jimmy page invented the lead guitarist as a symbol. kill yourself

Sup Forums in a nutshell. led zep is shit XD

>tfw "when the levee breaks"

It's a testament to the band when Plant is the worst member. I'm not dissing plant, but Page, Bonham, and John Paul are all spectacular.

Nah, hacky plagiarists.

Used to hate them when I went through a contrarian "rock sucks" phase. Probably had more to do with their stoner "Zep Rules!" fans, but I've grown to appreciate them.

>led zeppelin I pretty much invented hard rock.
They didn't invent it at all.

"In the 1960s, American and British blues and rock bands began to modify rock and roll by adding harder sounds, heavier guitar riffs, bombastic drumming, and louder vocals, from electric blues.[11] Early forms of hard rock can be heard in the work of Chicago blues musicians Elmore James, Muddy Waters, and Howlin' Wolf,[16] The Kingsmen's version of "Louie Louie" (1963) which made it a garage rock standard,[17] and the songs of rhythm and blues influenced British Invasion acts,[18] including "You Really Got Me" by The Kinks (1964),[19] "My Generation" by The Who (1965),[5] "Shapes of Things" (1966) by The Yardbirds and "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (1965) by The Rolling Stones.[20] …

Blues rock acts that pioneered the sound included Cream, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, and The Jeff Beck Group.[5] …"

> jimmy page invented the lead guitarist as a symbol.

They simply emphasized their cult aspect. The cult always came first for them

Even ignoring them musically, as figures, as characters, LZ is absolute fucking God-tier.

btw 'dad-rock' is not an insult, it's a description.

youtube.com/watch?v=xTrQ7vUZsIo

>They didn't invent it at all.
Please, compare the sound of any of those songs to Zeppelin, they don't have the power in the recordings or rock nearly as hard. Don't be a contrarian for the sake of it.

>They simply emphasized their cult aspect. The cult always came first for them

meme response

Zeppelin are guilty of the following atrocious and grievous crimes against music:

1. Making entire albums out of stolen blues licks and saying OH YEAH YEAH YEAH BABY BABY OH BABY 50x a song
2. Inspiring all of the overwrought hair metal/cockrock/lighter-waving arena rock bullshit
3. Releasing singles that have been played on the radio 40x every day for the last 40+ years
4. The ultimate casual, normalfag band that back in the day appealed to normalfag white suburban teens who grew up to be accountant minivan dads that tortured their kids by forcing them to listen to dadrock on the radio as they're driving them to soccer practice

I'm not gonna go around spouting that Zeppelin is shit because I can still listen to them, but I went through the whole phase where they were the greatest thing to ever happen. Now they are just okay.

Zeppelin were good at what they did which was codifying the hard rock / heavy metal of the '66-69 period and giving it a slick studio treatment and packaging. There was nothing original about them except their studio savvy and their budgets.

Hendrix, Sabbath, The Who, Alice Cooper, and many others all sounded much more modern and forward-thinking than Zeppelin.

While Zeppelin were still doing the same old twangly clangly 50s Chicago blues licks, Aerosmith were giving us a preview of the 80s...in 1974.

youtube.com/watch?v=_oZWM_VhkoM

kek'd and check'd

This post is wrong on more than one level.

This

The Aerosmith tune I linked, when I first heard that, I was like "Damn, this sounds like the 80s. Even has echo reverb on the vocal track. These guys were years ahead of their time."

They disowned Stairway and hate playing that anyway.

It helps if you think of LZ as more of a Grateful Dead-style folk/blues/jam band than a Black Sabbath or Alice Cooper hard rock/metal band.

Yep, Rocks went even a little bit further. It really is mindblowing

In either case, it's more of a 60s sound than it is a 70s sound. It's like they froze in 1967.

Okay they stole some songs, I hate them now. Actually wait no I don't they're still the greatest classic hard rock band ever lol. I mean really

>Something something by Robert Johnson that I'll play in the background and go "hmmm, cool blues yeah he sure was good at those blues progressions wasn't he? 3.5/5 it's really gud."

>Kashmir, When The Levee Breaks, Dazed and Confused, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

>Aerosmith giving us a taste of 80's arena rock before the 80's
>Acting like this is a good thing

You may as well blame Nirvana for Creed and Staind. Or NOFX for Simple Plan.

I've said this over and over again: Led Zeppelin made some truly great, important contributions to music. But people think rock literally ended after Led Zeppelin. They get infinite praise from most people with absolutely zero criticism. No one dares to say anything against this sacred band, when they had plenty flaws which anyone would see if they just stopped fapping fiercely at them for a second and wiped cum from their eyes.

I say Kiss did more to create 80s hairspray rock than Aerosmith.

Zeppelin in fact became obsolete before the 70s were even done, once the hippie-dippie Grateful Dead styles faded.

Except they were actually more talented than most '80s rockers. Few could really compare, like Guns N' Roses in their prime.

this desu

They were just kind of ok really. Fat suburban dads think they were like the greatest band of all time, and numale cucks who listen to Kendrick think LZ was shit. The truth is they were not bad but not good either.

Ah, congrats. You've become an immortal God and are in your "I am a God and humans are weak phase".
Next you'll discover that there are other Gods. Heady days.

Why do you care about Led Zeppelin? Their music was generic blues

If you're comparing the MTV hairspray shit and not all of the underground metal/punk which is really where 80s rock was at.

Well, yes, the topic of the discussion is hard rock/arena rock

Not really. A couple of their songs were, but I can instantly recognize their music playing anywhere when I'm out. Most blues artists play basically the same formula and you really can't tell one apart from another.

If you actually believe that nobody "dares to say anything" against Led Zeppelin you must not speak to anybody IRL or look at anybody's opinions outside of classic rock forums.

Every time they're brought up I've seen them criticized heavily by some, literally every single time.

Why do people on this shit board always take either one extreme stance or the other

They weren't great but they were a mediocre band with a few good songs. They were fairly uncreative and bland most of the time.

Grow up you clowns and form your own taste.

Yeah, because Plant had a distinctive voice and their songs receive enough radio play that anybody could recognize them. That doesn't mean it isn't simplistic and derivative. Pretty good for being simplistic and derivative, but not very interesting compared to many of their contemporaries. But I don't care for traditional blues much, so that may just be a personal bias. I much prefer music that isn't tied down in those blues chord progressions and melodies.

Ah, congrats. You've become an NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN and are in your BBBBBBBBVVVVVVVVVVHEHEHEHE days. Next you'll discover ((((((((((((((((0)))))))))))))))) Heady Days.