To native speakers

To native speakers
Is browsing Sup Forums degrading your english skill?

I miss grammar nazis, they were fucking useful, albeit obnoxious as shit. Now I can post stupid mistakes and no one will ever correct me, I also can read sentences with multiple mistakes and I will never know.

yes
no one cares for grammar, pronunciation, spelling, there's slang/obscure memes that creep into your idiolect

pretty good English right there

Browsing Sup Forums in general degrades your english skill.

I find it difficult to express certain thoughts and feelings now because I can't use meme arrows in real life.

It actually is holy shit. I talk like a spic now. My English has legitimately gotten worse.

>pronunciation
*punctuation

Personally no, because I'm not an idiot and I come here for the bantz and memes. I'm not writing anything beyond a few emails or reports anyway, so it's fine.

> degrading your english skill
ima american m8

>Kamen Rider
what do you mean by this

Good English Pablo. You can come here LEGALLY.

its the title of silly show where superhero looks like a locust

No.

>I miss grammar nazis, they were fucking useful, albeit obnoxious as shit. Now I can post stupid mistakes and no one will ever correct me, I also can read sentences with multiple mistakes and I will never know.
Don't listen to the Americunts your grammar is shocking. It should read like:

>I miss (the) grammar (N)azis(;) they were fucking useful, albeit obnoxious as shit. Now(, if I) post stupid mistakes(,) no one will ever correct me(.) I (may also) read sentences with multiple mistakes and I (would)never know.

Some of that was stylistic correction, but your use of commas and periods was wrong and you were mixing tenses.

if anything it's degrading to ESLers' English as they have no real comparison

natives can just step outside and experience proper English firsthand

>Is browsing Sup Forums degrading your english skill?
Actually, it makes me very depressed.
Before Sup Forums I would assume that posts with poor spelling and grammar were made by non-native English speakers.
Now that I can see a poster's nationality, I realize that the source of all those spelling, grammar, and logical fallacies are my own retarded countrymen.

mongoloid slavs aren't expected to speak the queen's english anyway

Not really. It was already a little bit shit before I came here and it's stayed that way thoughout my time here.

> THE grammar nazis
Explain

Not really.

He's referring to specific posters on Sup Forums which are/were grammar Nazis, hence the requirement for a definite article. However it is acceptable to omit it as a shorthand since we can understand through context what he means.

For example, in answer to the question: "How do you enjoy your apple pie without any apple?"

One would say: "I miss the apple(s)", rather than: "I miss apple(s)".

Ignore him, he's an over correcting pedant.

You're high as fuck bro

Apologies for teaching the Ruskie correct English. Fuck, no wonder people see their skills deteriorate on Sup Forums.

I'm used to butchered English, anyway. At least this board isn't swarmed with Russians.

You just came off as super autistic or just stoned

>You just came off as super autistic or just stoned
Brah, the Mexican was complaining about there being no grammar Nazis and the Ruskie asked to elaborate on a correction I made. It seems that the meme of American anti-intellectualism is true.

The problem is that many of your corrections are clumsy, unnatural or blatantly wrong.

No, i was the best English student in high school, because i've spent so much time here.

Internet isn't exactly formal business m8

As a French grammar Nazi myself, I sorely support my fellow English correctors.

How does this even happen? It's like saying I can't live a normal life because I play too much video games, I behave like the characters in the video games I play.