What are your thoughts and predictions for the upcoming Ryzen +/2000 series? Will you buy one...

What are your thoughts and predictions for the upcoming Ryzen +/2000 series? Will you buy one, wait for Ryzen 2/3000 series, or are you team blue? What clocks do you think they will have? Will it be a meaningful upgrade?

I believe in AMD to deliever, 15% higher IPC and 5.0GHz shouldn't be a problem at 95W and support for 4600MHz RAM memory

>12nm
meme

I bought my Ryzen 7 1700 in early March right after launch. I like supporting them and hope they continue on this path of making a comeback. That being said I do not see a reason to throw away my investment if they have pledge to continue supporting the socket I will continue to buy their CPUs until there is no longer an upgrade path for me.

I will most likely skip the second generation and buy the 3rd generation though.

4.5 instead of a 4GHz wall
0-10% IPC improvement

4600MHz is doubtful. The only Motherboard released by gigabyte goes up to 4000MHz so I think we can expect maybe 4133 and that's pushing it. I'd like to see a 4.0
GHz base clock on something like the 2800x even it only boosts to 4.1 or 4.2. Also waiting on driver improvements and other shit as soon as it gets released will be interesting.

If you actually believe this, you're the reason this board is cancer. If you're a memeing Intel shill, here's your (You)

4.2Ghz max OC on golden chips, same ipc only real change for better ram support. SCREENCAP ME SENPAI

>team blue
>any time after Meltdown and Intel's response to it
More like team blew since fanbois just suck Intel's dick all day.

I might move from 1600x to 2700 because of MUH CORES

Like 50% of threadripper already hit
4.2ghz. That's how dumb you are

>What are your thoughts and predictions for the upcoming Ryzen +/2000 series?
mild bump
>Will you buy one
As an upgrade for my 1700? Very no.
As Raven Ridge for another machine? Maybe.
>wait for Ryzen 2/3000 series
This, 7LP better not be a shitter process, I want this alleged 5ghz.

>wanted to buy a new gpu
>Rx560 and Rx550 prices start going up

I will just get the 2200g.

Slight IPC boost, maybe 10-15%
Guaranteed to be able to hit 4.4GHz based on the GlobalFoundries process. Might actually hit 5GHz overclocked.
Same TDP due to higher clocks.
Faster RAM support.

>I will just get the 2200g.
The APUs will be pretty impressive. 1080p@60fps on medium settings should be doable.

pls buy intel
pls

If it won't officially support Windows 7 then I'll just stick with what I got now (Phenom II). If it will, and they fix the single thread/core so there is actual gain in all applications/games,even older titles from 1997+ and said games actually play smooth as butter with no fucking jerky/shuddering as with FX series then it might be worth it. If all these things are not there then sticking with Phenom II is only option. I want gains in everything, not just a subset of what I use my desktop for.

Phenom is complete trash compared to Ryzen in literally every way.

>you
fag

That's cuz you're a stupid intelshitter cuck faggot retard and if you knew anything about CPU tech you'd know AMD is planning on 5GHz+

Jesus, this thread is fucking awful.

>Slight IPC boost,
>10-15

You mean Intel's entire IPC boost circa 2013-2018?

No way IPC will be more than 10%. Clock rates if done well probably 4.4 - 4.6 Ghz.

>intelcucks are just starting to notice intel has only made tiny IPC improvements over 5 years

PLS DELET

>5.0ghz
>amd

Meme
Nice dream Shia

>she doesn't remember the 9590

Amd's 5.0ghz cpu didn't burn down the socket

>not waiting for 7nm Ryzen