Do you unplug your computer after you turn it off?

Do you unplug your computer after you turn it off?

Normally not, but I do sometimes.

>turn it off?
wut?

I don't normally turn it off.

flicking the switch on the PSU does the same thing so yeah

Does it have bad consequences if you plug the cable off?

>turning off your computer

you can't turn off without unplug.
there's a second cpu inside the cpu.
it's always on if there's power to the system.
so if youre para just unplug from wall

You don't turn the computer off; you paint the monitor black

I unplug my laptop and remove the battery for one minute before reinstalling a new OS.

the battery on the motherboard is enough to power the second cpu inside the cpu so just unplug from wall and remove battery

Yes, I also disassemble it, and put all components back to their boxes.

Only way to be sure.

You can never be sure, take out the CPU from the housing as well, and unplug the power cord from the motherboard.

I meant the power supply only

>turn it off
Why would I ever? I only suspend it and sometimes restart.

I do, I'm afraid of a hacker known as Sup Forums.

That's not enough, there is a third cpu inside the cpu inside the cpu that has its own tiny battery built into the die

Yes with pic related.
My mom has the original remote for it so I had to build my own. Gotta improve it though to use my last unused outlet (which is in the pic)

>he doesn't know about the 4th cpu that's curled up into the 13th dimension

I unmicroprocessor and unRAM my computer after turning it off.

why

>shutting down your computer, ever

To get rid of a hypothetical root kit. And I boot on a live CD downloading and dding on a USB key from a safer OpenBSD laptop.

I have no idea what a computer is or does, sorry

I once ask a simple question here and you guys do a shitfest about it. Congratz faggots

What a fucking sperg thing to do.

dude just shut down your local power plant

yeah so just unplug from wall and remove battery and unsolder the battery from the die

Enjoy your rootkit.

I reinstall windows every week and use a portable browser from another drive, which is wiped every day. Same with any other important program or document.

so yes, I turn my PC off everytime I go away from it.

Only when I hear thunder

I just throw away all the parts and build a new pc every week.

>implying nsa needs your computer to be powered on an outlet to spy on you

The bios battery will discharge if it is old, although for safety reasons it is better to have the equipment disconnected. Although if the battery is discharged, all bios configuration is lost.

>he turns off his computer
Enjoy your botnet CIA nigger slave

why desu

I just buy a new mac whenever my battery dies lol!

I don't think I've ever been happy, but the xp days were at least a fond memory to some degree.

Windows users can't turn their computer off at night because it takes so long for it to be usable after you boot it.
Desktop GNU/Linux users don't want to lose precious uptime points for screenfetch threads.

Just throw your computer into lava, this should fix the botnet.

I also disassemble the PC and place each part in a different room and reassemble it when I need to use it again.

>after you turn it off?
what did he mean by this?

aluminium case
your move NSA

oi, I hope you're keeping each part locked in a different safe with different keys all of which are kept in different safety deposit boxes at different banks. god bless the queen!

Once I turn off and unplug my computer I carefully eject the SSD, RAM and GPU. Then, I carefully wrap them in bubble wrap and place into individual boxes. I then take said boxes to my attic and store them inside a locked trunk.

Only then can I sleep at night knowing my computer is completely turned off.

>not desoldering parts of the board and putting individual components in Faraday cages
Have fun getting airgap hacked by the nsa.

>not putting said parts in Faraday cages locked in a 20 feet thick concrete vault with a 10000 key permutation lock buried 10000 feet below the marianna trench
Say hi to the cia niggers, user

>not dissassembly and constructing your entire computer from a subatomic level to ensure there is no botnet built into atoms themselves while running all code with punchcards you designed
user, I...

>this entire thread

i did this
eventually my computer wouldn't turn on cause i did this for a year and it drained the capacitors inside the psu but luckily i got a free new psu from corsair

I unplug my computer to turn it off