LP9 GENERAL

So any predictions for when the rest of the album will drop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TiQSf2Huk6g
reddit.com/r/radiohead/comments/4bu7j7/lp9_summary_of_news_from_2013_2016/
youtube.com/watch?v=08Lx1kwGF1w
mobile.twitter.com/TheWansteadtap/status/720698981362307073
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapping
youtu.be/UgEJiIAeOwk
youtu.be/EulJ38uM4Sg
youtu.be/-kimc8cak-c
youtu.be/VBlUgSGPleI?t=45m46s
youtu.be/VBlUgSGPleI?t=1m14s
youtu.be/_teRaUbcpaM
youtu.be/XAsTdTiMA8I?t=35m26s
youtu.be/SbAJ08K4Ntg?t=1h25m37s
youtu.be/F_j6c21spck
youtu.be/IzI1YyDJ1ms
youtu.be/Y7cdVmruJnw
youtu.be/fhIB5knaAsw
youtu.be/t92wfA9o2Tw
youtu.be/Akxf5VFQCYc
youtu.be/fHFyfA2Dtfg
youtu.be/BE5U9W-Drn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is that seriously the best album name thom could come up with

(You)

It already dropped years ago when it was titled Viva la Vida

this

tomorow.
be ready

Holy fuck,
Too many memes

On a friday
The question is... When the ilegal download will be available?

this is what coldplay should have been

It's called Dead Air Space.

Within the next 16 hours.

Either Friday, next Friday, and if it's not out by the 20th, then early June.

I hope "Lift" is on the album desu.

youtu.be/TiQSf2Huk6g

What are you basing that on?

mid june

Most likely the record is dropping Friday. TKOL and In Rainbows all dropped within just a few days after their first singles were released and I expect the pattern won't be much different for LP9. It'll be interesting having a DG album and a Radiohead album drop on the same day though.

What name are you referring to? There is no title yet.

9th day of the 9th month

No one will wait that long

3 minutes after the legal one

Someone noticed on reddit that the animators were under serious pressure to crank up the video for BTW to a specific deadline, so most likely (and hopefuly) it's dropping tommorow. If it came for example in June, there wouldn't have been such a tight schedule.

Just because they wanted to begin the promotion with a single this week doesn't mean they plan on releasing the album now. It's more than likely tied to their tour dates.

>implying they have a choice

what would be the point of tying it to the tour dates?

a radiohead tour doesn't really need that kind of promotion, as evident by the fact that the upcoming tour has been announced (and mostly sold out) quite some time before this dropped.

setting up the hype for an imminent release makes much more sense.
not saying anything about the album even after releasing the single pretty much confirms it.

Anyone got Burn the Witch in 320K? don't wanna pay a pound for something I'll buy later anyway.

In june maybe

le sweaty man

Yes they fucking will, but it's highly unlikely. Dropping Burn the Witch now means they're in the introduction/marketing phase of the album, so it should drop within the next two months.

>Burn the Witch released two days ago
>Already top 5 most played on radiohead page
I think it'll end up sitting between House of Cards and Scotch Mist.

Daily reminder that Thom Yorke is a liberal fuckboi scum who would let Ahmed fuck his wife in order to be seen as PC and progressive as possible.
The video is about anti-imigrant media and you are all top cucks.

Niggerfaggots

IN JUNE YOU MONGS

You're a retard.
Dynamite stuff.

Your reply is what it wants.

go to bed Muhammad

We know that's you proge mon just fuck off

>We

Speak for yourself proge mon is based

I think I'm being baited here.

no you're not you delusional faggot. your fucking town is going to be muslimville by the time this sentence will end. Its happening you faggot and you stupid delusional cunts don't see it. Faggot Thom is cucking you all with his shitty political messages because he's a stupid fuck that doesn't understand simple politics and cultural preservation.

BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS BLAC PIGEON SPEAKS BLACK PIGEON SPEAKS

Cracking, cheers for the laugh

Marco Rubio looking good in a bowler hat.

You forgot to remind people to vote Trump.

>I'm going to le reply to a troll xD that'll show him!

PLEASE DROP LP9 TOMORROW

I CANT WAIT UNTIL JUNE

Saying "Niggerfaggots" reminds me of this stoner psychopathic scum I used to know who said that all the time.
With that being said, go to bed, Autumn

Of course it's me. Who else would it be honestly?

Late June or early July.

Anyone else here 2hyped?

Burn the Witch sounds different from what Radiohead/Thom has been doing since TKOL

Yes, I'm hyped.

TKOL was just so meh.

I'm worried, though. I hope they don't make it radio-friendly.

I enjoyed TKOL very much but I like that every new Radiohead album is different from the previous one, so TKOL Pt2 would really bother me, but I guess thats why Thom has Atoms for peace.

What did you like about TKOL? I found it to be far too smoothed out and lacking the bite of their other releases.

Haven't listened to any of Yorke's solo stuff. Is it any good?

Why does House of Cards have so many views?

I dont know how to explain why I like TKOL. The From the Basement version is very good too.
I can see why people didnt like it, also it came after In Rainbows so I was a bit let down at first. But the album grew on me.
And Amok is a really cool album (from Atoms for Peace).

I had the exact opposite reaction to you. In preparation for my first try of it, I listened to In Rainbows and I was disappointed, so I gave it a few days, listened to it again, and was even more disappointed.

I really should listen to it again. Thanks.

more like 5 seconds

his solo album the eraser is top comfy
amok and tomorrow's modern boxes aren't as good

Eraser has been on my to listen list for a while now but has recently been pushed aside by Modest Mouse and Of Montreal.

reddit.com/r/radiohead/comments/4bu7j7/lp9_summary_of_news_from_2013_2016/

going by the timeline of events leading up to this point I'm thinking in the next few days to a week. There's no real way of knowing though.

Why do people think this song is about nationalism? It's obviously about small town hysteria

you know even the fucking animation is bland and generic. Those characters could be from any number of things. It's barely a step up from the stick figures people draw in memes

The video really didn't impress me at all, not in the slightest.

the song is really mediocre garbage. The melody and lyric are wholly unremarkable and the backing is just a shitty vamp that people are deluding themselves about comparing it to a contemporary composition style that has already be played out for decades. The only thing making it seem decent is the fact that hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent producing it. Literally a polished turd. If he sang better you might believe this was U2 or some shit

This
/thread/

I really thought the song would grow on me but for some reason it just doesn't.

Considering there's such rich instrumentation it feels surprisingly empty to me, and it also isn't very catchy. I mean the Radiohead type of catchy. Maybe it's because the vocal melody is extremely generic.

wew

see:>polished turd.

The other day someone posted a remix they made from the preview before it came out and it was literally better than the real one.

It's meant to look like Gumby you twat

>inb4 lol ITS SUPPOSED TO BE SHITTY

fuck off

it also looks like Morel Orel or characters you can see on it's a small world or in old muppet productions.

It's generic as hell. For fucks sake, even the story is just literally wickerman. If you wanna hear creative music inspired by wickerman listen to pic related.

Its a copy of Camberwick green (an old British Childrens show)

youtube.com/watch?v=08Lx1kwGF1w

you people are fucking nuts

Hey, I said I disliked the video. The song is fucking incredible and I am 2hyped for the album. Beyond that.

I am become hype, destroyer of NME.

oh

yeah bring on this fucking album it's gonna be awesome

So is really a sessions track from early 2000s? what the fuck. Even Beach boys only waited a few years to release old songs on new albums

Are you proud of this post?

LP9 WHEN

It's Radiohead, not some shitty unsigned band, fans definitely would wait

>tfw finally listening to BTW on high quality headphones

June.
It's coming out in June.

This twitter post, now deleted, confirmed.
mobile.twitter.com/TheWansteadtap/status/720698981362307073

I don't know how to use the google backup pages thing to find it, but there's lots of articles that quote the twitter post, and it's a picture of some dude at the wanstead tap and Thom.

pretty much confirmed

here's a cap of the post on my facebook page, just to confirm what was actually in the twitter post.

>there are people on Sup Forums who only listen to rap
>these same people actually believe that if two songs contain strings, they're the same songs

rap?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapping

Radiohead issued an official statement that the guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about because he isn't their manager at all. Misinformation.

smart alec

The release date is tricky. If it is a regular Radiohead release, they would release it tomorrow. They usually release shit as soon as it is done.
However, as you noticed, they are pushing much more marketing this time around especially compared to TKOL and IR, so we can expect XL pushing tons of ads and waiting for Burn The Witch to get regular radio rotation, considering how poppy it is. Plus there is a tour going so that will only hype up the anticipation for the record.

We just gotta see.

it will be another flop and it will release 28 days from now

>another flop
There was TKOL after In Rainbows though, which means they got their game back on

>In Rainbows
>bad

I fucking hate this board

>TKOL
>bad
I hate you too

>the "in rainbows is bad but tkol is good" meme
Both are solid albums, fuck off

I'm not , and I don't hate TKOL. I love it.
I love both albums.

Radiohead doesn't have a bad album.

>coldplay steals radiohead's style and morphs it into their own
>radiohead steals it and does it better

Morel Orel isn't a fair comparison considering it was based on the look of Davey and Goliath. It wasn't designed to have it's own style...

Since LP9 and the tour are on the way I wanted to post some of my favorite live performances cause what else is there to do? Rank albums? LMAO

>Headless Chicken (Thom was in it way before Radiohead) performing High and Dry
youtu.be/UgEJiIAeOwk
>Thom and Jonny playing Street Spirit and Nice Dream with a 12-string
youtu.be/EulJ38uM4Sg
>Paranoid Android’s early version in Mansfield 1995
youtu.be/-kimc8cak-c
>(Possibly) a performance of Dogwander during the NYC soundcheck in 1997
youtu.be/VBlUgSGPleI?t=45m46s
>Same soundcheck, Last Flowers
youtu.be/VBlUgSGPleI?t=1m14s
>1998 cover of Can’s The Thief
youtu.be/_teRaUbcpaM
>2000 show with Permanent Daylight followed by (then unnamed) Pyramid Song
youtu.be/XAsTdTiMA8I?t=35m26s
>Pearly* with Ed on drums in 2001
youtu.be/SbAJ08K4Ntg?t=1h25m37s
>Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses played in 2001
youtu.be/F_j6c21spck
>Big Boots (Salamanca 2003, played upon the request of the crowd)
youtu.be/IzI1YyDJ1ms
>Morning Mr. Magpie from TMGLMOAT webcast in 2002
youtu.be/Y7cdVmruJnw
>Blow Out played in 2008 as the closing song of the IR tour
youtu.be/fhIB5knaAsw
>Packt Like Sardines in 2012 with tea kettles
youtu.be/t92wfA9o2Tw
>The National Anthem version I got to see in 2012 with the most appropriate radio station ever
youtu.be/Akxf5VFQCYc
>Treefingers live debut
youtu.be/fHFyfA2Dtfg

I might post some more if they come to my mind.

wew, that Street Spirit performance was solo. Mistaken it with the Iron Lung/You performances from 1994 for some reason
youtu.be/BE5U9W-Drn4

Burn The Witch is about politically correct bullies persecuting everyone who disagrees with them on social media

>this song is definitely about something that affects me and my life, so I'm going to project my own views and opinions onto it!

That's great, hun. Keep it to yourself.