Anyone here not shit tier of tech (programming) and actually know how to control electronics?

Anyone here not shit tier of tech (programming) and actually know how to control electronics?

Other urls found in this thread:

ti.com/microcontrollers/msp430-ultra-low-power-mcus/overview/overview.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

program a microcontroller

Not op but can an arduino be used to control a pump through CANbus?

Yes, I can read datasheets.

do your own homework

Probably.

Why are you trying to hack your car, you criminal?

I do mostly PLC but dabble in microcontrollers as well.

Anything specific you want to know or just starting a general?

The Arduino if fully capable of doing Canbus. If you don't have documentation or the ability to program the other half then youre probably not going to get it to work.

>PLC
Structured text makes me want to kill myself.

Honestly though I'd rather die than deal with it again. The worst part about the whole thing was that while I was pajeet'ing up Beckhoff PLCs my coworkers got to work in Lisp. Kill me

You can write Beckoff programs in C++ now apparently. Haven't worked with it myself though.

Youre lucky getting to program in ST. Most of what I do has to be in ladder.

That is some basic IoT cancer

I can do some stuff, but i am pretty shit at both.
Only know what i need to do science and stuff.

I can control electronics with my mind

Yeah, ask away

Let's say I naively want to make an ultra low power chip on TSMC 28nm, what would I need to learn assuming I basically know nothing except C and ohm's law?

First you'll need a 6-7 digit budget.

Say I'm a shitcoin millionnaire, for the sake of argument.

more like 8 digit

learn verilog/vhdl

I doubt that, or the risc-v guys wouldn't have been doing it with essentially no hope of getting their money back.

Yeah ok, but then what?

I wish i actually knew how to do anything, but i'm just that dumb for all that

Then you create a specification and hire a company that specializes in ASIC design.
Given the complexity, number of stages involved and huge cost of error at late ones, it's near-impossible for a single person to create a custom chip from zero to production. There are also no courses available commercially. If you want to learn, you kinda have to work at one of the aforementioned companies.

You might be underestimating the sheer power of raw autism, and way too much free time user.

A lot of the groundwork for risc-v was done in universities like Berkeley, where PhD students work for slave wages. SiFive built off that, and have plenty of venture capital funding to boot

Raw autism cannot replace hands-on experience. It's also useless when the information is simply unavailable unless you're a serious client under an NDA.

i can only program very simple html. anything else is too complex to remember and only makes me angry.

Yeah I do, I work for PIC microcontrollers

Why reinvent the wheel?
ti.com/microcontrollers/msp430-ultra-low-power-mcus/overview/overview.html

If we're talking digital just prototype it on an FPGA. If you still need more performance synthesise the rtl and fab an ASIC. Its not even that expensive 10-50k for 30 samples depending on the technology.

setting some bits on a register in an ISR is soooo hard