warosu.org/g/thread/S42681099
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it is made by Sup Forums
it obviously is great
;^)

it's made by Sup Forums, so it has a very low chance of being any good

on top of that it's linux, so it physically can't be good

I tried it and it's shit.
Unless you are already very well versed in the Linux world, I would not recommend it.

I tried it and it's good.
Seriously, just try it.

Op here, trying it through vm and it isn't too bad. Fits my specific needs.

>It doesn't support 64-bit computers

it's from Sup Forums so it's probably literally igor's bitcoin botnet

Honestly? Yes and no.

Yes because it uses Gentoo, and now Jesus, the main dev, has chosen to move to a hardened version rather than just normal gentoo. The community is interesting and vibrant, and you can easily communicate with the head dev without any problems on IRC. He's quick to respond and usually always right on whatever he's discussing.

No because it has no torrent links.
Compiling software can be ass-slow, and Gentoo just compiles from source by default.
Help documentation for newbies can be shoddy.

CloverOS is very good. A fast install and a wise community. I don't recommend it or any Gentoo-based OS for casual programming and webbrowsing.

i've been using it for awhile on my t420. It's been great, I just browse Sup Forums and remote in to work on my desktop when I'm cooking.

also this

That's true, but that fact that it's not Windows makes it better than what you're probably using.

and who WOULD you recommend it for?

Programmers working with software that needs to be compiled with or without certain features/flags, people who want absolute and complete control over every piece of media that goes into their system; people okay with spending time compiling things and long-ish updates. Customized/one-function machines and very consciously-built IT-related shit.

It's a Gentoo image that has PORTAGE_BINHOST="cloveros.ga" in the /etc/portage/make.conf and packages built with CFLAGS="-Ofast -mmmx -mssse3 -pipe -funroll-loops -flto=8 -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution" Gentoo is hands down the best Linux distro and CloverOS only makes this perfection easier to achieve.

Compiling is not required. It has a binary host configured in /etc/portage/make.conf. Packages are already optimized out of the box.

Yeah, I'm using it as a daily driver. Just werkz.

my daughter wanted a macbook for her birthday but i told her i'll get her something even better so on christmas morning she opened up the cardboard box to see a used thinkpad with CloverOS installed on it and she started screaming and crying and making suicide threats wtf

youtube.com/watch?v=PXFwN3q1VaY

You're that one chiruno staxfag right

Gentoo everyday gitgud.io/chiru.no/chiru.no/

why the fuck is it all in one file

it just turned out that way

This guy's mom. warosu.org/g/thread/S63360356#p63373357

warosu.org/g/thread/S42681099

like gentoo, but even more stupid and pointless

Gave me such a fucking giggle lol

at least I can run gparted, and not have mindfuck while partitioning drives, because console parted sucks much

It's basically GentooBang. Like CrunchBang, but Gentoo Hardened.

CloverOS is the fastest Linux distro I've ever used and people say the battery life is better.

all you need is fdisk