/dgg/- DeGoogle General

Friendly reminder that if you're a person who respects their individual privacy and freedom, there is no reason to be using the products created by the botnet that is the Google company. There is a plethora of options available for you to replace your Google apps that are lighter, faster and better in general, including respect for freedom and privacy.

Reddit hub:
reddit.com/r/degoogle
>search engine?
SearX, DuckDuckGo, Findx, StartPage
>browser?
Brave, IceCat
>email?
Self Host, cock.li, Proton Mail, Hotmail (Still Botnet)
>cloud storage?
Syncthing, ownCloud, Nextcloud
>hardware?
Librem laptops by puri.sm
>app store?
F-Droid, Yalp for Play Store front end
>YouTube?
Vimeo
>SMS/Hangouts?
XMPP, Signal, [Wire](wire.com/en/)
>calendar?
Nextcloud, ownCloud, RadiCAL
>keep?
NextCloud, keep it in your emails.
>news?
RSS client, Librenews
>List of Software you can Self-Host
github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted
>NextCloud Providers
nextcloud.com/providers/
>OwnCloud Providers,
owncloud.org/providers/
>WebMail Comparison
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=So4n2ZBSMxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Neat thread
> reddit
But a day cant pass without OP being a faggot.

I suppose not.

Brave runs on software written by companies such as Goolag, Jewtel, Samsuck and Adobe.
It's a minefield of botnets and I'm not sure why you'd recommend it.

lol

Include YaCy in the search engine

OP is a fucking fool

Yes but the cores that these are based on are open source

>YouTube?
Vimeo

OP if you want to make this a regular thing then degoogling youtube should look like using front ends such as hooktube.com for desktop and NewPipe, SkyTube, iYTBP for android, not some service that is empty of quality content, it's not like you'll be supporting google anyway using those

The best alternative for youtube would be Alexandria youtube.com/watch?v=So4n2ZBSMxg

Is the OP from those adNauseum threads gone? He was fucking disgusting, almost as if he wanted to taint the "DeGoogle" campaign

>DuckDuckGo
I use it, but I am sure that there are better alternatives
>Brave
Lol, no
>ProtonMail
I've hear what they did to some right wing group, but I am sure that average users will experience no problems. Still, dick move
>AppStore
For what?

Why would you recommend CuckCuckGo

What's wrong with brave?

It lacks a lot of tools, is made by a furfag, it overstates the whole “No-Ads; More speed!!” While hot supporting manny third party ad blockers
It does it’s job, but nothing else, which in my lands is called mediocrity

So then what would be a good browser? Firefox?

> Reddit hub

youtube-dl is extremely throttled now

Have you tried JDownloader?

Is it true that Google spies on you using reCaptcha? All they have to do is correlate the time stamps on your posts to the reCaptcha server logs.

Being the kindly social justice warriors they are, they will probably use it to try to deny you employment and whatever sorts of criminal things they feel "justified" in doing.

Maybe with v2 (because scripts are enabled), but I doubt the noscript version has something like that. Maybe someone can prove me wrong.
You can complete a captcha and wait up to a minute before posting. Alternatively, purchase a pre-paid card and then a pass.

Why wouldn't they log you? Knowing they are willingly sharing all metadata about a person with the NSA, is just logical.

Does the reCaptcha not come from Google's servers? Scripts would not be necessary. All they need is your IP from the request.

You're right.
Then you're looking at something like a protonmail + prepaid + Sup Forums pass if you want to bypass the captcha.

>NSA
The government can obtain a surveillance warrant for whatever they actually need. Google would probably do it for the sake of social activism. The kind they can't talk about in public.

its bloatware, adware, and it handles YouTube in a shitty way, splitting audio and video, downloading shit you don't need like thumnail previews, subtitles, and html, and putting everything in it's own subfolder.
it would be better to use flashgot or video downloadhelper on firefox

Again, I am not saying this is in fact what they really do. It is just a suspicion, compounded by the "verification expired" thing. It is however worrisome.

why is this shit general still a thing?
The OP has not taken any of the criticism of the pasta from the previous threads and this whole board is dedicated to being "anti google." This is just a waste of a thread.
saged

>Goolag
GLORIOUS

>jewtel
Kiketel

>Samsuck
Pretty good

>Adobe
Excellent.

Oh I see, it's faster than ff for mobile though, that's where I do use it

4K video downloader. It just werks.

I wonder how deep the Google spying rabbit hole goes. Google recently sued Uber for stealing its trade secrets. Knowing how these people actually think, Google was probably the one stealing from them and it that guy who supposedly stole it was probably a plant by them too.

I wonder, if I were to put on google docs a (private) doc containing my research related to image recognition, would someone at Google suddenly claim they discovered it themselves and patent it?
Again, all this is just suspicion.

I suspect Amazon of stealing trade secrets from its AWS customers too, maybe they and Google are conspiring.

The US government and companies like Microsoft and the NSA/CIA/FBI is to Amazon/Apple/Intel/Google/etc as said companies are to companies like Uber/Facebook/etc. If the US government is doing it, then the SJW companies are probably doing it too! The difference is the US gubbmint can get away with it. They have something called the "state secrets privilege". So Google feels like it can get away it, but should not be surprised when they are on the receiving end of it, because their actions are what allow the government to do the same.

Add Qwant to the search engine list. Add Waterfox to the browser list. Add NewPipe and Hooktube to the YouTube list. Self host your cloud storage. Add Wickr to the SMS/hangouts list (because hackerman uses it.)

Include ecosia in search engine. I started using it because its default in waterfox but its actually pretty good and you can also plant trees on top of that.

Ecosia is shady. It's powered by Bing. Wouldn't recommend for privacy.

friendly reminder that if you're person who respects their individual privacy and freedom then you don't use anything with wireless connection, phones included

Any good alternatives to Google Calender?

Replacement for maps?

so let me see if i got this straight:

aside from text-based web browsers, there's Blink, Gecko, and Webkit browsers.

Blink, a fork of Webkit, is developed by Google
Gecko is developed by Mozilla (which teamed up with George Soros launching fact-checking software to "disrupt the dissemination of fake news" [i.e. censoring according to user reports])
Webkit is developed by Apple with contributions by Google

since Blink and Chromium are developed by Google, that rules out Chrom*, Brave, Opera, and Vivaldi
Firefox and it's derivatives are out
Webkit is a bit dicey in that most aWebkit browsers are dead. Also, if you're on linux, you can't use a Webkit browser that uses the Qt framework (as of Qt5, QtWebkit is deprecated in favor of QtWebEngine [a repurposed fork of the Blink engine]) and instead have to use a GTK framework Webkit browser (Gnome Epiphany is the only one that comes to mind)

is that all there is? is there no way out?

MAPS.ME
or
Osmand

Maps.me uses proprietary tracking components and the devs are assholes, avoid

>CuckCuckGo
>let's stop selling our info to jewgle and start selling it to cuckcuckgo

>Is it true that Google spies on you using reCaptcha?

All "services" from google have the primary purpose of collection data of its user, the service itself is secondary.

the data is used to create profiles which are available for ad companies, American law enforcement agencies and google itself.

Waterfox and Pale moon seem to be the least shit from the privacy perspective, if only for the virtue of not needing to tweak about:config/using a premade user.js. One's best bet in the long term would be to raise our concerns to Mozilla, but they would probably fall on deaf ears.
>is that all there is? is there no way out?
There is, but getting all the people who actually care about privacy together and working on solutions is next to impossible. You are sure to meet direct opposition or people trying to break apart such efforts, too. As Google&co. gain more and more power over the internet, they get to more easily leverage privacy vs convenience, until only neets will be able to afford some semblance of privacy. If privacy search engines/addons/browsers/whathaveyou don't "just werk", you will be hard pressed to find users in the real (shitty) world.

try this
youtube-dl --external-downloader aria2c --external-downloader-args "-j 8 -s 8 -x 8 -k 5M" "youtube.com/watch?v=SSQdugNM-0M"

>caring about freedom and degoogle everything
>still proceed to pay every product with my creditcard credentials

>YouTube?
Is something wrong with mpv [youtube url] ?

Can you give further detail about the ProtonMail thing?

>Reddit
Fuck back off to your containment site.