ebay.com/itm/122949329287
amazon.com/AP2AC-amPlug-AC30-Guitar-Headphone/dp/B00NAUHX1G?tag=headphcompar-20
youtu.be/9VfFdaxdP5o
dynaudio.com/home-audio/contour/contour-20?c=blackpianolacquer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>muh sports
kys

Klipsch V. JBL

"Like always, the first thing before even the music starts to play is to check for any hiss or hum from internal electronics "on idle".

Unfortunately, Klipsch is far from perfect in this regard, as it has quite a lot of self noise, a hiss to be exact. So much, actually that I will say they are useless for nearfield setups.

Amount of the energy coming from the tweeter when they are not playing music is considerable (not as bad as something like Tannoy 402 or M-Audio AV32.1 I tried before, but still...), it is disappointing at this price point and both JBL LSR305 and KRK RP5 G3 are quieter, especially the KRK is good in this regard.

So if You want to listen in nearfield on low levels in quiet spaces than I would suggest to avoid R-15PM. Everything over 1.5 meters between listener and speakers is more recommended as the hiss is much less audible from that range."

klipsch fail

the klipsch passive crossover is rather sad looking

Klipsch are fucking meme garbage for audiofaggots with cloth ears

If I replace my shitty computer speakers with some decent 4" or 5" studio reference monitors (to do some lite music production/recording/mixing), will they still sound good for everyday things like listening to music, gaming, etc?

"The transducers used for these speakers are identical to the ones used for the Klipsch R-15M.

The same 5.25 bass-medium driver fitted with an IMG membrane (Injection Molded Graphite, or in other words graphite powder injected under pressure and covered with copper) is placed in a small air volume provided via bass-reflex.

The frequency response in the lower end of the spectrum goes down to around 62 Hz as the resonator is tuned at a frequency of 54 Hz."

in the case of this class of klipsch, user, you get what you pay for - pic related

what kind of speakers do you use currently, user

Bookshelf speaker on stands or floorstanding speakers?

woofers are strangely bass shy and forward in voice and just weird all over

depends on the brand, and the age of the speaker design, really

hard to find any info on their powered board for the r-15 but they use an H transformer in their subwoofers, so maybe thats one reason theyre noisy as fuck

Right now I have logitech x530's, which are a cheap computer 5.1 system from like 2005. I'm only using it as a 2.1 right now. They're not terrible for music and gaming, but I know they're not going to cut it for music production and stuff.

What's the best solution for quietly practicing guitar?
I got the qtpi a few days ago, and wondering what's the best piece of equipment I can used for headphones practice?
Best quality headphone output. Can you use a headphone amp? Good multi fx suggestions? Do guitar amp headphone outputs have good quality?
My phones are HD598s btw

Just ordered the MR624
If it's shit I'm gonna send it back and replace it with the new JBL306

Not sure why the previous thread was auto saged.

I was going to start this thread myself with the subtopic: Why is audio the most emotional technology?

youtu.be/mfCyTxfLRRk

Because OP is a fag
>please do not post stale images of your aged-grampy horn-loaded speakers for the hearing impaired
LOL

because you can't measure what sounds good.

i was gonna say you might go to a guitar center kind of store or a pawn shop and see what kinds of used powered monitors they have on sale, since resale for powered monitors can be 1/2 the msrp or better

sure, you can use powered monitors for regular listening but they tend to be analytical -- sort of like lighting your bedroom with white flourescents, instead of using something less harsh

the yamaha hs line might be the exception; the advantage of a guitar center kind of store is you can audition a few models

amp recommendations under $500

I think that you can as long as you know what the measurements mean. Most of todays high-end speakers are computer simulated and measured many times before being released. There might be a few "boutique" manufactures that doesn't measure their equipment, most does.

noice

2 schiit magni chained together

A single LS50 speaker.

need speaker type/impedance, music genre preference, and size of room

Silly me, I thought you wrote "any" recommendations for under 500 dollars.

how does the genre influence your choice on amps? can you recommend me a good jazz amp for my spendor bc1s?

"The AKG K702's have a 10 foot cable. I play guitar myself. I'd suggest the AD700 if you are looking for a little more bass. But, if you just want a nice, somewhat neutral headphone, get the K702's. In my case, I got the Q701. It's basically the same headphone, but with 2 different cables (one is 10 feet, the other is 20 feet) It also came with a 1/4 inch adapter so I can plug into my guitar amp and jam out. Hope this helps. Good luck!"

head-fi.org/threads/good-headphones-for-guitar-practice.614921/

you might ask headphone general also

its too bad you don't live across the street because i have a pair of 701s i havent used in years that id just give you

I know right! 48kg :) It's the amp that I'm considering buying at this moment.

klipsch at some point in the mid 2000s started producing seriously cheap 'budget line' stuff.

most people coming online don't ever sample the good Klipsch because they've saturated the market with the crap stuff, like the Synergy line

I know one of you autistic fucks has an opinion about the PS1 DAC. Explain your stance on it

What do you feel is better. PS1 or Saturn DAC

What is your opinion on the heavy shell modifications done like pic related

Thanks for the advice.
Maybe I didn't use the best wording in my post, but I'm looking more for a good device to output my guitar into my headphones, whether that be a small amp/head with quality headphone output, or a mutli fx processor, or amp modeling on my laptop, etc.
I have HD598s with a native 1/4 in jack and a 1/8 in adapter.

having both systems, the Saturns overall has poorer shielding and more signal noise, so before you even look at the DAC you have SNR buzzing problems.

I'd say just get a amp that's known for good quality and power for the money. Like NAD, Rotel or Harman/Kardon.

well, you know, tube (better for smokey jazz) vs. ss (better for dynamics)
high current vs low current
warmish (creek / music fidelity) versus cool (krell)

for spendor of that era ... maybe Quad 33 or something like
canuckaudiomart.com/details/648957112-original_je_sugden_a21_class_a_amplifier/

so they only have themselves to blame

Why is audio the only sexy technology out there?

>Sleek, thin turntable
>two matte black speakers with orange cone
>Center piece made out of crates that look like they were used to shovel literal shit in
Please tell me this isn't their marketing.

Some people unironically fill their houses with shit like those crates

if by blame you mean earning the ire of people who compare their shit tier line to other contemporaries, who then act like all klipsch products they make sound the same, then yeah.

Personally I love my good Klipsch Reference towers. The tweeter is absolutely ruthless in showing who's recordings/studio work are shit and who's recordings are awesome. And when they are awesome, its hard to make a case against it.

But I also have a pair of Cerwin Vega 215 because I have space for it and sometimes you don't care about critical listening and just want to recreat the Maxell ad.

stereophile.com/content/sony-playstation-1-cd-player-page-2

mixed review
the dac is "okay", but the player as a whole has a good output

on sufficiently sensitive systems, cds sound better on certain kinds of players, sometimes the ones you find in goodwill for $5

>Klipsch "hiss"
>High sensitivity vs low sensitivity
>He has shit electronics and is blaming the speaker for revealing it
>Buying best buy consumer tier trash to begin with
>Not buying Heritage or Epic series Klipsch

Klipsch Forte i or ii

Partly because the state of the art has been stagnant so long; if you can't improve the design technically, you turn it into jewelry to keep it from becoming a commodity.

Audio traditionally doesn't miniaturize like other tech, which plays into that.

can i use a receiver as a headphone amp when in a pinch?

waiting for replacement in mail but it wont arrive for another 2 weeks

You can if your receiver has a headphone output. I use a cheap Onkyo receiver and it has a headphone out on the front.

might be this, minstrel

ebay.com/itm/122949329287

amazon.com/AP2AC-amPlug-AC30-Guitar-Headphone/dp/B00NAUHX1G?tag=headphcompar-20

If you have a headphone jack, sure

>>Not buying Heritage or Epic series Klipsch
Are the Heritage speakers any good? I feel very skeptical just by looking at the horn-design. The specs apart from the Sensitivity feels very weak as well. Feels like a very niche product that will only sell to certain type of Americans and Asians.

The Cornwall 3 uses an older style horn that has a different sound than tractrix ones but some like it more. The Forte 3 has a wider coverage horn if basing it on looks alone. 12" front woofer, but has a 15" passive in the back. I own Epic CF-4 and Cornwall 1 myself currently. Have owned Heresy 1, Forte 1 and Forte 2 also

its mostly japs over the age of 70 that buy this shit
just look it up on their blogs
probably lost 50% of more of their hearing so they need the physical impact from the air burst --sad fucking sad

like, who the fuck moves two speakers the size of refrigerators into their home, and then good luck selling that shit when the rest of the hearing goes

That speakers looks a lot better from a technical standpoint. Could probably sound great.

>giant speakers
>apartment the size of a closet

imagine the excellent acoustics

I truly understand the regret you feel over buying small speakers.
>like, who the fuck moves two speakers the size of refrigerators into their home
Someone who isn't cucked by his wife probably.

Audio is a very comfy hobby
youtu.be/9VfFdaxdP5o

>cmon gramps lets get home so you can listen to Lawrence Welk on your horn speakers

Are you compensating for something, like aging and loneliness.

Those are impractical sizes for normal use.

How are Denon AVRs?

>please advise me a good headphone amp so I can faithfully reproduce a sound that's not complex and that's mostly generated by equipment historically thrown together to be cheap and "just work"
but really, whatever plugin (vst/au) amp simulator that you can run on your computer will do, but you'll need an audio interface with a high z input for that
try all amp sims you can and decide what you prefer

what the hell are you talking about?
I have klipsch rf 82 II and RB 51 II, and they don't make any hiss or hum whatsoever

"GRAMPS -- I SAID CAN YOU TURN DOWN YOUR SPEAKERS ITS TIME FOR YOUR PROSTATE MEDICATION"

ideally it shouldn't because a good amp is a good amp and that's it
but an "audiophile" will probably beg to differ because then he'd have nothing to talk about on the internet I imagine
>good jazz amp
depends on how much you want to spend and on that alone

Decent. Parasound Halo series if you want serious quality

>Decent
Good for me.

>t. speakerlet

Hoping to find a 4ohm amp in the 50-100 watt range class A/B to drive some magnepans in a 400 square foot room. Preferably vintage but open to whatever that's not super expensive

No. I was actually dead set on buying a pair of bookself speakers to spare my neighbors. Then the day before I was going to order them I though "what the hell, I will probably regret buying small speakers" and then went for large speakers. Something I don't regret doing.

so, can you post your speaker setup

>Then he was like, check out my huge horns. And I'm like, where I can't see 'em. Haha.

how big are the magnepans

Is that your home?

I can see needing larger speakers then.

I hope you realize that horn loaded means efficiency and less distortion. Not megaphone in your face tier. And you're not supposed to have them next to you either. They need distance to blend in

What's your problem with big speakers? Can't you just let us enjoy our dynamics?
No, not my room. But I considered both the Contour 20 and the Guarneri Tradition.

What's the ideal amp for the Klipsch RF 82 II?
I have a Marantz 2230, and is good, but wanting to upgrade to a modern integrated amp with digital imputs and a DAC. I'm planing on getting the Cambridge CXA 60 or 80. Budget is 800 us.

I got pic related with modded amps at home, don't have an actual decent picture of the desk where I work
I'm the kinda guy that, when going on speakers websites, chooses the pro section instead of the hi-fi one, and it's my strong conviction that a pair of speakers should sound the most faithful to the source
the speakers I worked with that I liked most were ATC SCM50ASL

Probably a tube amp IMHO.

damn I forgot pic related

>Should sound the most faithful to the source
There are various sources you know.

just an reciever, njoy those hertz

I'm powering mine with a Marantz 2270. Cheap amps sound sterile. You'll want high tier solid state or a tube amp(s).

yeah but the point shouldn't be to find speakers that "compliment" a particular source/genre very well, it should be to find speakers that are very accurate, and through them every source/genre should sound accurate and different from other sources/genres
of course some stuff will sound bad but there's no cure to bad recording/mixing/mastering

But tube amps usualyy don't have DAC's.

>just an reciever
It has 125 watts of power tho

Peachtree makes a hybrid with a DAC. iDecco or something.

>bigger speakers = more dynamics
are you kidding

dynaudio.com/home-audio/contour/contour-20?c=blackpianolacquer

Should I get these, Sup Forums?

Are you?
Show me a small speaker that has more dynamic capabilities than a large one.
Pic related can play 100dB @ 1watt, and they are good for 1000watt, in other words 130dB.

Yes, they are very nice. Both sound and look wise. Maybe consider the 30 if you can spare the money.

so listening louder is going to change the dynamic range?

It really comes down to personal taste in sound. You'll never get truly accurate to the source because different people record with different equipment, play with different equipment, mix with different equipment. This all will result in different sounds. Spectre Sound a month or so back did a video on this after upgrading from a specific pair of studio monitors to Yamahas(I believe).

Well yes, because that's what dynamics are.

how so?

Dynamics is the difference between loud and quiet.

Audio dynamics is the difference between loud and soft. More loud does not mean more dynamic. This is exactly why that one website exists that rates CDs and gives really bad scores because of loudness wars. I was with you until you went full retard

yeah, so if you listen louder the quiet parts won't be louder as well?

>dynamic capabilities
>more dynamic = louder
bigger speakers will most likely be able to reproduce louder stuff - and they'll also distort more while they're at it, because the more power goes through the speaker, the more distortion is produced, but they won't be any more dynamic than smaller speakers
quite the opposite, more mass to move likely means that you won't get as much dynamics, particularly in the higher frequency range

I would think a larger woofer would be more slow-moving. One reason why the Danes are going towards medium drivers with insane compositions like diamond, ceramic and beryllium to improve dynamics and speed.

You think that Cambrige CXA would be worse that a vintage Marantz receiver?

I have no idea in the slightest

I wasn't clear enough, let me try again
>You'll never get truly accurate to the source because different people record differently
by source I meant the audio file
I don't think speakers should be "flattering" in a sense, making stuff sound more pleasing, warmer, more punchy, whatever you got
I think they should be technically accurate, that they should reproduce any given sound input with the least coloration possible

but of course that's my own opinion, yes

you should audition them first
they're current hungry and very sweet

ATCs are excellent, but id think youd hear amplifer differences