Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HmV4UrklBjk
youtube.com/watch?v=IXsYp9Ye2xg
youtu.be/A0fcwYaABw8
youtube.com/watch?v=sPy0Vc_RDrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Punk rock will never be this good again

Hold me Sup Forums

Holy fuck what is with the sudden resurgence of spamming this garbage album?
Please stop

Not a single bad song on this album.

>this wasn't the shape of punk to come

nope

>Wake Me Up When September Ends
So close. Pic related is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=HmV4UrklBjk

Reminder that it's literally reddìt to hate American Idiot. Jesus of Suburbia is still a masterpiece.

>it's literally reddįt to hate an album which is literally reddît
So it's also nigger to hate hip hop?

>>tfw i first listened to this while smoking weed for the first time

>still viral marketing this piece of trash tweeny brit pop

objectively true

This album is unironically better than half of Sup Forumscore shite

>My Name is Jonas
10/10
>No One Else
10/10
>The World Has Turned and Left Me Here
10/10
>Buddy Holly
10/10
>Undone
10/10
>Surf Wax America
10/10
>Say It Ain't So
10/10
>In the Garage
10/10
>Holiday
10/10
>Only in Dreams
12/10

Nah, that's one of the good songs.

She's A Rebel and the title track are the only not god-tier songs

I like it as well...but perfect?

Only in dreams way underrated here bro, 14/10 at least

all are 10/10 except for only in dreams which is a 3/10 imo

She's a Rebel is great. Extraordinary Girl is the only song on that album I find unmemorable

you can't actually have this opinion. i could understand if you didn't like the other songs on the album, but thinking every song but this is a 10, and giving it such a low score, that's actually not possible, so please stop posting bait this obvious

On the Run kind of sucks and I think the album would be better without it.

not bait, i think the bass sounds really annoying and the song is way too long and boring

I can agree with this, but it's not exactly a shit piece.

IMO would have been better if they kept the travel sequence instead of OTR

youtube.com/watch?v=IXsYp9Ye2xg

you should probably stop listening to music desu

>don't like one song from an otherwise perfect
>you should probably stop listening to music desu

lol

Idk if everyone likes this style of music but id say for its genre its a very well rounded album.

Jesus of Suburbia > Letterbomb > Homecoming > Give Me Novacaine > Holiday > Boulevard of Broken Dreams > St. Jimmy > American Idiot > She's a Rebel > Whatsername > Wake Me Up When September Ends > Are We The Waiting > Extraordinary Girl

Based album tho

exactly right user, u got that 100% spot on

>Whatsername that low

Letterbomb is my shit, man.

Jesus of Suburbia is just a low fat version of The Decline

Homecoming > Letterbomb > Jesus Of Suburbia > Give Me Novacaine > Whatsername > Wake Me Up When September Ends > Boulevard of Broken Dreams > St. Jimmy > Holiday > Are We The Waiting > Extraordinary Girl > American Idiot > She's A Rebel

Waiting is their best overall song though.

>Extraordinary Girl
I unironically love that album but I can't agree. Sorry.

> ITT: Albums where literally every song is perfect
> Posts greatest album of all time

Floydposting is cheating m8

Shocked that no-one posted this yet.

How does a band make an album that is literally one of the greatest indie records of all time and then go on to make a load of shit? I'm fucking baffled by that alone.

I love albums with overarching storylines. Gonna give this a listen.

Be warned, before you go into it. It is utterly emotionally devastating.

First album I ever cried at the end of. Seriously. I cannot listen to it more than once every six months. Its just...too much.

But an absolute masterpiece none the less.

Speaking of concept albums, any recommendations?

Added to my to listen list. Thanks!

There are literally two good songs on this 80s wannabe MBV ripoff glammy brit pop rock album. Please Be Naked which is actually a decently produced song and is similar to a Helios track, an actual good ambient artist. Lost My Head is the only other good song because it's a MBV rip-off so obviously it's only likable for that reason. Rest of the album is boring tumblrcore trash. The intro song is alright to I guess but at a lower level because I'm not a faggot.

Homecoming is also a fucking masterful song, a classic. Letterbomb and Whatsername are the only other worthy songs to be mentioned. And Wake Me Up When September Ends.

This is actually true.
>le Green Day sold out
>it's not le real punk
>i grew up with Dookie so it's better
Cancer.

>How does a band make an album that is literally one of the greatest indie records of all time and then go on to make a load of shit?
It happens all the time. Be it a drive to make one more than they are or capturing a moment that cannot repeated. I'd go so far as to say that, at least in music, being constantly good is a harder get than being great once.

I guess you're right there, but the sheer discrepancy in quality between Hospice and something like The Attic is stunning.

No one on Sup Forums listens to grunge but IMO Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden is a 10 because every single song is good/great. Not a single low point, but still manages to have high points. Really doesn't get talked about enough in the grand scheme of the 90s pantheon

Angel Dust would be on there too because its high points are much higher, but I feel like Jizzlobber is lacking a bit and Malpractice is just too intense for most people at first listen

How long til Sup Forums goes through a grunge resurgence phase? I feel like it's unpopular enough now that it'd be hip to start talking about it again

True.

I was on r/music and some guy got a hundred or so upvotes for unironically saying that Boulevard of Broken Dreams is the worst Green Day song. That's how much of a meme it is to hate American Idiot there.

Are you serious? Wow. I'm so grateful I unsubbed from r/music and r/listentothis

DAE LE GEM????????

Been listening to this album for at least 100 times in it's entirety, if not more, and here is my priority of goodness:

Jesus of Suburbia > She's a Rebel > Letterbomb > Homecoming > American Idiot > Give Me Novacaine > St. Jimmy > Boulevard of Broken Dreams > Holiday > Whatsername > Wake Me Up When September Ends > Extraordinary Girl > Are We The Waiting

1 "American Idiot"
>very relevant in times when Trump is winning and shit, good energetic upbeat pop-punk melody

2. "Jesus of Suburbia"
>teenage zeitgeist, really diverse and varied tempos

3. "Holiday"
>again, really relevant in times when Trump is winning and shit

4. "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
>hugely and insanely overrated. Not a bad song, but quite average when compared to all of Green Day's discography

5. "Are We the Waiting"
>I'm a sucker for that slow drum beat, good to listen to when drunk

6. "St. Jimmy"
>Used to like it more when I was younger, I like the second part after the release

7. "Give Me Novacaine"
>quirky sound effects, used to like that song so much that I can't listen to it anymore, too overplayed

8. "She's a Rebel"
>Top favourite now that I am 22 and grown out of Green Day, mainly because it's short and sweet and I never listened to it before that much

9. "Extraordinary Girl"
>Not a good standalone song, but when you listen the entire album at once, it fits in there nicely

10. "Letterbomb"
>I love the stretched out vocals part, it makes me jizz my pants every time

11. "Wake Me Up When September Ends"
>Overrated song, can't listen to it, too overplayed

12. "Homecoming"
>lovely energetic beat, what's not to love

13. "Whatsername"
>used to love this song so much it became a part of who I am today, now I can't listen to it, too overplayed

It's nice to see Sup Forums unironically finding American Idiot album, it's a good find for real.

Any list without Wake Me Up When September Ends at the bottom SURELY has to be wrong, right? That song is legitimately terrible, easily the biggest stain on a very good/otherwise listenable pop punk album

I don't know if Fleetwood Mac is ever talked about here, but Rumours is one of my favorite albums.

I wouldn't call it bad per se, but it is just so poppy and overdone. Then again, it was such a integral part of my formative years that I've fucking worn grooves into the disc. Perhaps that's why I find it unlistenable these days.

Every song is perfect

So how many great albums will the Trump presidency produce?

QOTS is legitimately one of the most influential rock bands of all time. Absolutely. Could not agree more.

Era Vulgaris as well.

I don't think it's terrible, but it's nowhere near as good as the best the album has to offer, and it honestly just seems out of place. Sounds like it belongs on 21st Century Breakdown.

This album got me through a terrible break up, so I may be biased, but it's literally perfect.

Personally, the title track seemed superfluous to me considering Vampyre is on the album. Not that great a song. This has to be one of the (if not THE) best "rock" releases in the last 5 years though

Eh, I can somewhat agree. The beginning feels kind overdone.

Just great. Listen with headphones. I've listened to this album over 100 times and I find something new every listen.

Shoot me, but I legitimately think that The Suburbs is the best album of the decade.

Are you stupid? The Attic is fucking amazing. Actually, I don't know what you're even talking about, Antlers remained more or less consistent through the years. Burst Apart, Under the Sea, Familiars, these are all great.

Not gonna shoot you. Instead I'm gonna agree with you. Seriously fucking amazing.

Add The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse and Transatlanticism by DCFC on there and we good.

I disagree with you there. The Attic was underwhelming. Not bad, but underwhelming.

Then again, the first record of theirs that I've ever heard was Hospice, so I could be really fucking biased on this.

>Metalcore
>Nintendocore
>Mathcore
>Experimental Metal
These are the worst genre tags I've ever seen

literally best album of the decade

Bait

Worst album Animal Collective have ever made.

youtu.be/A0fcwYaABw8

>genre tags
You've spent too long on Sup Forums user

Agreed, except for Only The Good Die Young,

The Evil That Men Do is a fucking classic, as well as the title track.

This. Fuck the haters this album was brilliant. Nothing even comes close to it melodically and sonicly.

is this whole thread ironic?

>The Lonesome Crowded West by Modest Mouse
yes
only problem is Long Distance Drunk but it's not too bad

Long Distance Drunk has its place on the album as a whole. I don't mind it much, but it is definitely a weak spot.

its just facts

Do you even know what the fuck punk rock is?

Go back to reddït.

The generation that grew up with it are at the age where they discover Sup Forums

>gets called out on being an ignorant tool
>R-reddit! Fuck off!

This album came out 12 years ago. The people who grew up with it are well into their 20s.

just listened to this album. so perfect.

This album gets worse every year that goes by. I think Freedom is better

forgot pic

i need more albums like this. like, rock with the cool electronic noises

This album will always be Green Day's ultimate masterpiece.

Panic Song is the best song on the album mademecum/10

youtube.com/watch?v=sPy0Vc_RDrQ

Only album I listen to that came out the year of my birth

Great, but not as good as Warning or Nimrod

wrong

generally bad genres but the instrumentation is very interesting on this

THIS

literally this desu