is this a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0q0O4V5Qs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>pitchfork
>a joke

Are we using synonyms

Next you'll post a photo of an orange and ask it's orange in color

they had a lot of articles about that tranny skipping out on the Oscars or something for the sake of combating "transphobia"

this shouldn't come as a surprise, but if you weren't a newfag then you'd realize that none of the retarded stuff pitchfork does is more than blatantly obvious marketing and pandering

delete this thread, who cares

Has a time ever existed where reviewers rated based off the content of one's music rather than the color of one's skin/transgenderism.

>overweight individual writing songs about how we're killing the planet

i'm laughing to be honest

this is going to enter the pantheon of legendarily bad pitchfork reviews along with the radiohead one where the guy sees a shooting star and so on, it will be infamous. just look at this:

>drone warfare, mass surveillance, violent masculinity. These are the depths into which HOPELESSNESS demands that you swim or drown.

> It is the sonic equivalent of a burning Shepard Fairey painting and all its embers.
(fucking lol is it 2010)

>Anohni—ecofeminist soul warrior, dramatist, a person who Lou Reed called an "angel"—it would be hard to find a more capable figure to lead us into a woke pop polemic.

>HOPELESSNESS places Anohni alongside radical pop provocateurs like M.I.A., artists who propose difficult questions that mainstream America does not want to ask because it would not know what to do with the answers.

>HOPELESSNESS is not afraid to sway within the flames, to draw you towards the heat. The fact is that Anohni's dramas cannot exist in a world of Hollywood endings. They are too real for a silver lining. HOPELESSNESS communicates the horror of seeing that in so many ways we have been profoundly fooled by the fantasy of the American experiment. By how the stars are not just stars. By how they contain lies. By how the truest protagonist of HOPELESSNESS is us.

POST DAT DANK 320 KBPS MEGA LINK MY DUDE N SMASH DAT MUTHAFUCKIN LIKE BUTTON FOR DEM REAL NIGGUH HOURS

>lead us into a woke pop polemic

Identity politics is one giant meme.

I don't know what this sounds like but if a trans person made an album of them pissing an enema out of their ass pitchfork would give it no less than 8.6 BNM. If you're surprised then you're my old enough to be here in the first place.

wow someone actually made this.

Dismissing something because it's made by a transperson is the same is praising something solely because it's made by a transperson. You're no better than pitchfork. It's a good album.

Society is changing and there is nothing you can do about it. Stay mad :^)

Why is that site still considered a music site again?

It's only a 9.0
It's only a 9.0

I assume the complaint with Flockaveli is that 8.0 is too low for such an important cultural landmark?

"The whole thing is really fucking creepy"
What is pitchfork honestly? Do the journalists think they're texting somebody? That's the writing skills of a 14 year old right there.

The album isn't even out yet. Hold your judgment until you hear it yourself. Albeit pitchfork is probably pandering anyways.

>Do the journalists think they're texting somebody?
>journalists

These people are columnists. Not journalists.

But then again even journalists are barely journalists these days, so I don't know how much of a slight that is in the end.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

It's to come across as "just your fellow music fan, haha no big deal" and to let you know that sure, they're "journalists", but they're keeping it real
It's like when a regional manager comes in to talk to "the team" and sits on the chair the wrong way, and leaning cross-armed on the backrest in a sickly attempt at feigning accessibility and hipness

Better than Views? Same as TLOP? What a fucking joke

>By how the stars are not just stars. By how they contain lies. By how the truest protagonist of HOPELESSNESS is us.
noooooo

>Society is changing
lol, no it's not. Just because all this "trans" shit is being pushed by a handful of degenerate dipshits with an ***OBVIOUS*** agenda doesn't mean anythings actually changed. It might as well be bestiality or pedophilia, it'll have about the same amount of acceptance in society when all the dust settles. You're delusional if you believe otherwise.

what's their agenda

>Better than Views?

sorry2say but weston road flows was the only truly great track on that album

omg she made shitty rap loops with lots of effects on them and babbled over them straight from the heart

Kek. It actually is, it's fine to not like it, but it is. This is reality now. You can literally do nothing about it.

>she

>she

xhe

fucking binary fascist

>delusion
>noun: delusion; plural noun: delusions
an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

you think because OP dislikes the review it's because it's by a tranny? where'e your evidence for that? it's a 6/10 album and you're attacking strawmen

it leaked three days ago, everyone has heard it

Would you hire her Sup Forums?

>Pitchfork

It's dead mate.

Ignore it.

It sucks black dick. And ignores good black music which is even more annoying because it's not SJW worthy.

Fuck Pitchfork, literally the MTV for Gen Y.
>Like this music because we said so

>if I just keep repeating it, it will come true

>It might as well be bestiality or pedophilia, it'll have about the same amount of acceptance in society when all the dust settles. You're delusional if you believe otherwise.

You are of genuinely lower intelligence if this is a sincere analogy that you're using here. Those two abhorrent behaviors are as rightfully vilified as they are because they center around preying on that which cannot doesn't have the cognizance to give proper consent.

This is an issue about personal sovereignty. Literally the absolute opposite of the analogous example that you're inferring here.

Pitchfork is full of disingenuous marketing cronyism to push forward deliberate agenda but Pitchfork and their agenda aside you are honestly kind of dumb.

>cannot doesn't

cannot and does not**

This doesn't make sense ANOHNI is white...

It's not hard to make yourself a fucking respectable/ professional portfolioREEEEEEEEEEE

>need a job, guess i'll post my tumblr on my twitter
i'm younger than her and i understand this isn't how the world works

Justice.

This is what you get for being a hateful race baiting psycho.

literally who

Imagine looking for some background on her work and immediately seeing 'the unbearable whiteness of indie'

>personal sovereignty
>Those two abhorrent behaviors are as rightfully vilified as they are because they center around preying on that which cannot doesn't have the cognizance to give proper consent.
Transsexualism is a ***mental illness*** which is "treated" by mutating the persons body both chemically and physically. You mistakenly believe a ***mentally ill*** person has the capacity to give consent to this, which is both immoral and unethical. This is the reason 41% of transgender and gender non-conforming people had attempted suicide, compared to a national average of just 4.6%.

that's what a lot of these 2 hip 4 this planet permanently snarky and irreverent douchefaggot types don't get: they have a public laundry list of them being the most petty and vile people for all future employers to see.

>*mutating
Mutilating.

>By how the stars are not just stars. By how they contain lies. By how the truest protagonist of HOPELESSNESS is us.
Damn...

>ecofeminist soul warrior

Yes, I know what the typical utilitarian line is.

I am not trans - nor do I even know anyone who is, come to think of it - but I still disagree with this approach. I think there is a kind of spiritual aridity to statistical boorishness of this kind that is all too ready to disregard the personal subjective experience of a soul to its own life.

I am not trying to gloss over accounts of prevalent mental illness here. You are absolutely right. I am just not a person who is inclined toward absolute or polemic opinion. That's all. Think however you wish; if you feel that you can circumscribe the human condition through statistics then good luck to you.

>think there is a kind of spiritual aridity
Stopped reading right there.

Enjoy my last reply.

>Stopped reading right there.

It's for the best, I'd imagine.

Thank you for the tail turn. I enjoyed it.

>fangirl
>marginalizing women
I'm sorry, but all of the women I know at my school would willingly, openly and proudly describe themselves as fangirls. Besides, calling a trendy band out on their lack of staying power has more to do with the boys not making anything memorable then the screaming audience who typically eats this stuff up.

I know what p4k is trying to say, but they're really fucking up.

Society is always changing, but the world we are moving into will hopefully look back on this nonsense as a total cringe fest.

The biggest problem with this type of "progressivism" is that it takes one group of society and puts it ahead of the other in order to "empower" them. The end result is a world just as inequal as before.

There's a reason so many famous speeches on equality emphasize just that: Equality.

I am actually Trans and this review is still ridiculous. Also the album is shit.

but for organisations like Pitchfork this is how it works

>THATS JUST LIKE YOUR OPINION MAN
tikkity tok pek how intellectual!!!

So they tried pandering to you and it totally failed? Top fucking kek.

so I guess this means there's going to be no actual discussion about this album on Sup Forums. noted.

>I'm triggered into replying but I don't even know what to say to that
>fuck it I'll just shitpost really hard

Nice 1 bruv.

well tell that to republicans that introduced identity politics

Pandering generally just annoys me. So far the only trans album I've heard that got shit right was Divorce Lawyers I Shaved My Head.

That album would work just as well if you switched out them being trans for just like one of them getting cancer or something. It's not obsessed with the transgender part. At this core it's just about a relationship failing after one of them goes through a major change and how they feel like they didn't get what they signed up for (and then feeling guilty for feeling that way). It holds some very accurate feels and it's very respectful towards the whole idea. Jordaan Mason is trans himself and he wasn't exploiting it to make a popular album.

I do understand the complaints the album gets though (it sounds like NMH, it all sounds the same, etc). But it honed in on such a real and sad story with such grace that I can't help but love it. A lot of the feelings expressed on the album are dead on to what I experienced myself. It's good stuff.

burn this page already

They usually do this, give a 9.0 to something totally undeserving

See How to Dress Well and Deafheaven

The album's really good but Pitchfork needs to stop focusing on the political agenda and only talking about it. They paint ANOHNI as some mythical being whose turning society upside down through her pop music when it's just a solidly made album (mostly due to OPN).

I dont think a 90 in unwarranted, but their writing is.

.....i'll stick to carly rae jepsen. thanks tho p4k

We're not bigots! We just know there's no way a transgender person can make 9.0 worthy music! It's a media conspiracy to promote transgenderism to undermine the power of us white males and, uh... Social Marxism! See, I know big words, too!

Never change, Sup Forums.

nice try b8er

Which Deafheaven album did they give 9.0 to? Sunbather isn't deserving, New Bermuda is.

Neither of them are deserving, they're both really fucking mediocre.

Nice b8 m80m8

Opn produced it iirc, it must sound pretty goo

opn is dogshit

Yeah they don't give Dr Luke nor Action Bronson 9s but they give a transgender a 9? Fair and balanced my ass

Shit tasterino my frienderino

It's not b8, in fact most people of good taste would tell you the same thing redditor.

Pre 2009

The entire album is actually really good, this thread is just full of idiots who put politics before music.

>tfw the two highest rated albums of the year by P4k were made by people with penises

Feminism BTFO

>woke

wtf is this word? i'm pretty sure this is not right

is it? shouldn't it be 'an awakening' or 'we are awoken'?

Swans will get a 9.0 as well so that's 3 penises, one of which has an inkling to rape women

To be fair, pitchfork seems to be kind of doing the same thing.

the album sounds really good, but the writer focuses much more on muh feminism men are evil

>electronic dance anthem as visceral protest song
>Both Anohni and Poitras have constructed monumental works this year dealing in the atrocity of post-9/11 America (violent masculinity)
> So much has unfolded in the six years since Anohni's last studio album with the Johnsons—Occupy Wall Street, the Arab Spring, the trial of Chelsea Manning, the Black Lives Matter movement
>Poignant political realities have always grounded Anohni's work, but now they are at the forefront
> "A lot of the music scene is just a wanking, self-congratulatory boys club," she said in 2012. "It's just so fucking boring and not useful. It's such a waste of our time... another reflection of how astray we are as a civilization."
>"Violent Men"—an ambient, pitch-shifted meditation on the need to "never again give birth to violent men"—underscores the essential theme of these songs, which is the violence of patriarchy as the core of all oppression.
And this leads to another core tenet of HOPELESSNESS: ecofeminism
>it would be hard to find a more capable figure to lead us into a woke pop polemic

Pitchfork, everybody

>replying to Sup Forums threads
>caring what a Conde Nast owned publication does

actually I fucked up this up let me try again

>electronic dance anthem as visceral protest song

>Both Anohni and Poitras have constructed monumental works this year dealing in the atrocity of post-9/11 America (violent masculinity)

>So much has unfolded in the six years since Anohni's last studio album with the Johnsons—Occupy Wall Street, the Arab Spring, the trial of Chelsea Manning, the Black Lives Matter movement

>Poignant political realities have always grounded Anohni's work, but now they are at the forefront

>"A lot of the music scene is just a wanking, self-congratulatory boys club," she said in 2012. "It's just so fucking boring and not useful. It's such a waste of our time... another reflection of how astray we are as a civilization."

>"Violent Men"—an ambient, pitch-shifted meditation on the need to "never again give birth to violent men"—underscores the essential theme of these songs, which is the violence of patriarchy as the core of all oppression.

>And this leads to another core tenet of HOPELESSNESS: ecofeminism

>it would be hard to find a more capable figure to lead us into a woke pop polemic

Identity politics + Art = This fucking horseshit

>autism

it's a 6/10

>if you dislike an album made by a trans person you are a Sup Forums poster
why do you think like this?

STAY WOKE

also:
>ecofeminist soul warrior
Holy kek

The only part of these I'll never get is the Deerhunter/Cox saltiness. Like yeah there could be some buddy-buddy stuff there but they're still a good band that gets just as good of reviews from pretty much every other outlet.

Other than that yeah p4k is straight cuckery

because it's the easiest way to be reductive and shut down opinions they don't like

No you dumb faggot user meant stop shoving politics with these shit threads

Yeah right around MLK got assassinated.

this.

what the fuck is this lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=Fi0q0O4V5Qs
>pitchfork 9.0
>rym 3.69

Lol

lol this is leagues better than TLOP

>cheesy synths
>whiny generic indie rock singing
>edgy lyrics about DUDE THE GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT, DUDE HORRIBLE SHIT HAPPENS IN THE WORLD

it's shit