So, why don't you, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yTg2G7no-fQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I do tho

Although I wish those cunts would stop liking what I like

Cringe

Sup Forums doesn't even like scaruffi

They're so contrarian to the point where they'll literally listen to brown noise and think it's patrician.

I like it well enough. Definitely a grower. I kind of hope it's a single edit and a different version appears on the album.

But I do.

It's definitely a great track.

this is fucking stupid

It has no structure. Just a single loop the whole song and Thom's generic whining. Typical of their new shit. Compare it to knives out or paranoid android. They're a fucking joke now.

i liked the video a lot it was very comfy and the song worked well with it although i have a hard time listening to the song without the video

>It's about trump!
>It's about refugees!

The song was written in 2005. What the fuck are these political publications thinking.

lack of identifiable/ precise changes of section doesn't mean a lack of structure and a lack of structure isn't even necessarily a fault by virtue of itself
i've only listened to the song once a coupla days ago but i remember it as seeming pretty well formed and developed and leading somewhere

Minimalism my nigga

Its reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=yTg2G7no-fQ

they listen in music what they want to listen. That will always happen.
South Park explain this in a very easy way on that butters episode when he becomes a writter.

completely agree with this

Kid A was minimalist, this is just lazy.

you'd need a very easy explanation from the sounds of things

>implying

Thankfully I loved TKOL. Like really loved. Like 3rd favourite album of all time.

this is about the video, you retard

It's kinda like Default but with strings and lots more of Thom being recorded shouting in a very deep hole.

It's good though

>the video has nothing to do with the song
Epic.

That's what came out when you ask jhonny greenwood to remix pic related

I like it tho

I loved it, but it got so much attention that those who weren't interested/ don't care for radiohead have decided to meme. Happens to any release that gets enough attention on Sup Forums

Cause Radiohead haven't been good since Kid A

Because I really hate the way Thom sings on it. The arrangements are really lame. The drum loop is shit. Radiohead peaked with The King of Limbs.

its shit generic

not inspired at all. ill give it a 5/10 bnecause its decent but mediocre

>Radiohead peaked with The King of Limbs

lol

Half of Sup Forums parrots Fantano and Pitchfork though

Knives Out is literally the same couple of arpeggated chords and Thom whining

DUDE BUZZWORDS LMAO

i didn't like it
sounds like coldplay

>/ post
In general, some people have an adverse reaction to Radiohead because they don't know what to do when an artist lives up to tremendous hype (i.e. Radiohead's career). A band that is at once incredibly successful both critically and commercially is such a rarity.

Its fucking great I love it. It's take on orchestral rock I haven't heard yet. Its very poppy even (dare I say) coldplay like on the surface, but underneath its teeming with paranoia and anxiety, maybe even a little Satanism. The chorus hook is great, the string arrangements are amazing, my only complaint is that it doesn't evolve at all. Just when the song seems like it's really starting to go somewhere it stops

Because pitchfork and fantano earn music by saying positive things about the new radiohead release, thanks to advertising, more people following them if they follow the mass opinion, and maybe the band paying them to promote their stuff.

Or maybe they just like the song?

It's not cringy at all

scaruffi comes across as very contrarian tho

This. It feels like it should be longer than what it is

Fantano said KOL was shit though

Or maybe they don't? Because what are the odds of a team of people "knowledge" about music (more than their readers at least) giving the highest scores to already well known artists with huge fanbases that are obviously going to be enjoyed by their readers for not knowing better? If they actually enjoyed the music they rated highly you wouldn't have derivative/generic artists with the highest scores, or albums by artists after their critical acclaim with higher scores than their acclaimed albums (indicating it's a safe choice to aim high for an already well known artist the masses are going to love).

I think it was lazy

I was just memeing when I said it was a bad song and Radiohead's careers were over.

2005? is this HTTT sessions or what?

i know but i didnt like it

mahh
nigaah

its not quite my third favorite album of all time but its my second favorite rh album, tied with kid a behind in rainbows

probably close to my top 10 all time 2bh.

lovely album. hypnotic

because I don't rely on laughably shallow publications to forge my opinion for me

Fantano rates popular artists with acclaim poorly all the time. He literally trashes every fucking Kanye album that comes out and he gave TKOL a low score. I cant speak for P4K, but your entire argument seems to be "I dont like them so anyone who says they do is lying"

if that was true fantano wouldn't always be panning some of the most popular shit

he still get the clicks

here (you) go

Im detecting some projection here. The inability to recognize anyone else as genuine is often a sign that you yourself aren't genuine

I don't know, it definitely feels unresolved, but I think it could work really well as an opener or as a build up for another song.

This. You can tell from the way the song so suddenly ends that the next track will probably expand on it

Yeah, fantano case is more sincere, I agree

>no discussion allowed

TKOL got panned by most RH fans though, so they still went for the masses (intentionally or not).

I don't dislike pitchfork, I'm just making an argument about why their intentions might be influenced by making money instead of actual musical quality with included evidence.
I don't like Christgau in the slightest, yet I know his taste is sincere.

Considering I would be unable to prove you wrong even if you were indeed wrote makes that a meaningless statement.
I do believe my own taste is genuine, it's up to you if you believe me or not.
Still, I gave arguments and evidence about why p4k might not be genuine, and I think those are reasonable reasons to think so.

Have you considered that popular artists are popular becausemany people enjoy them