At least make a strawpoll

Sgt Pepper's

Sgt pepper

Pet Sounds

Fine
strawpoll.me/10133707
VOTE!

I've only heard Sgt. Peppers and that was pretty damn boring

Pet sounds for productions, originality, feels, cohesion, album cover, melodies, vocals, chords, instruments.

Basically, Beach Boys did it first and better

Pet sounds

why not both

youtube.com/watch?v=fYg0kM9dRCM

Pet Sounds

Easiest VS

>Picking gay sounds

Pet sounds, hardly a competition.

Sgt pepper: Day in the life
Pet sounds: ?

Kek

The Beatles is a better band, but Pet Sounds puts Sgt Pepper's to shame. Still, Rubber Soul > all.

Pet Sounds, Surf's Up, Sunflower, Love you, Holland, Today!, Smiley Smile

and of course SMiLE

Smile sucks.

>Love You
Eh. Okay experiment but the songs just aren't very good.

God Only Knows

Sgt Pepper ainec. Pet Sounds is great, but it has too many boring sections. Sgt Pepper flows better

Pet Sounds is like Sgt Pepper if Martha my dear was 90 percent of the album

Sick meme dude

Pet sounds.

ew i feel molested

Pet sounds

Sgt peps

Neither. Both are a poor mans Silver Side Up by Nickelback

>not the bleaches

Sgt peppers for Leslie speakers and that time I played GTA 5 on 375ug of acid listening to it blowing pedestrians away. Something about shedding blood to getting better was extremely cathartic.

Troll

Gee you think?

my fucking ears..

why did they put Sloop John B and Caroline No at the top, in a different color? I've never understood this

I have never listened to a single song from PS aside from Wouldn't it be Nice. So, Sgt. Pepper.

Well maybe you should start. It's really good.

Objectively?
Pet Sounds

Personally?
Sgt Pepper

Best Song Objectively?
Day In The Life

Best Song Personally?
Day In The Life

I wonder if I should vote for best or favorite on the strawpoll now though...

Anyone that doesn't like this is a pleb

I thought you died.

I'll never die

Until I meet you bitch nigga.

God only know fucking plebeian

this was a great comparison and really hit home how much more i like pet sounds

underrated post

god only knows is easily the greatest song of the 60s and is in the running for greatest of all time

smile is better than any of the albums you listed. but you're probably memeing

>all this plebs that never listened to Pet Sounds entirely

Fucking christ
God only knows and there's an answer is better than the entirity of sgt pepper's but A day in the life

they were the singles

shit opinion desu

I mean they're both memes, so it doesn't matter.

this is better than both (2011 arrangement in particular)

>No one mentioning Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!

Keep plebbing guise

It doesn't even exist you dork.

then how come I'm listening to it right now

>comparing a 2011 compilation/remix album to original recordings from 1967
What exactly are you listening to?

Gay circus music.

smile

>"It wasn't finished in 1968, therefore it doesn't exist and you're not allowed to listen to it"
Do you even understand the idea of art? It doesn't matter the means/intention of release or creation, Smile Sessions as it is is an amazing album. The compilers did a great job creating a cohesive sounding release

I think Sgt. Pepper's the better album as a whole, but that God Only Knows, Wouldn't It be Nice, Sloop John B, and I Just Wasn't Made For These Times are better than any track on it.

Worst trips I've seen

You mean Smiley Smile. There was no album Smile, it was never completed
>It doesn't matter the means/intention of release or creation, Smile Sessions as it is is an amazing album.
I see. Then I suppose I can say a CD-R of A Day In The Life repeated for 75 minutes is better than the whole Beach Boys discog.

Also
>pitch corrected vocals
>a cohesive sounding release

I mean smile you cuck

>It doesn't matter the means/intention
Do you even understand the idea of art?
Sometyhing unfinished is inherently flawed.

>flawed = bad

>they'll never truly appreciate Smile because of some notion of "full albums only" from the mu hivemind
I feel bad for you

It's a reason why it's inferior to something that was not flawed.

Please keep up.

honestly i don't know what it is about the beatles that i really like less than the beach boys.

i think it's a combination of things. i like the lush instrumentation and harmonies of the beach boys better than the more sparse instrumentation of the beatles.

i like brian wilson's jazz influence (gershwin and stuff) more than the beatles more rock/skiffle background (you can really hear this in don't talk).

there's no doubt both groups were geniuses melodically but i just can't get over these personal things

10/10

>not flawed = good

Do you stare at blank canvases and appreciate the masterpiece that hasn't been painted yet?

No music is ever truly "finished". An artist could work on an album or song indefinitely. Smile Sessions is what we have from that period of creation, put together very carefully and thoughtfully. Alan Boyd (one of the creators of Smile Sessions) came to my universities music school and spoke. He said Brian came in to one of their work sessions and said it sounds pretty much like what he was envisioning. Keep in mind the Beach Boys worked on it for a few years.

>No music is ever truly "finished"
Except when the artist says it's finished.
>it sounds pretty much like what he was envisioning
...in 2004.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF MR KITE THERE WILL BE A SHOW TONIGHT ON TRAMPOLINE

what's incredible is that even just the smile sessions, a collection of unfinished tapes from the project in 1967, is a masterpiece. can you even imagine what it would sound like if brian at the peak of his creativity finished it? not to mention the effect it would have on the music world

Random unconnected instrumental bits are masterpieces?

it's almost astounding that you could be so obvious about the fact that you haven't listened to it

>unconnected

>instrumental

it's a pretty coherent work. and only some tracks are instrumental. and it is a masterpiece

There are lots of artists who think that art is never finished and keep making "better versions" after publishing their work. And I'm not talking about Kanye.

I love the beatles and sgt pepper but I honestly think A Day In The Life is not that good. I can thing of like 3/4 better songs in sgt pepper.

coolest thing i've heard today

>I love the beatles and sgt pepper but I honestly think A Day In The Life is not that good
It really is. One of my Top 3 Beatles songs, and one of their best 5 songs.

>I can thing of like 3/4 better songs in sgt pepper
They really are not. also, if you think those songs are better, but then you claim that aditl is not that good, then it doesn't say a lot about how good those songs actually are.

Please have my babies

perfect reactionface

>not wanting to have his babies
pleb

this way they BOTH win

I agree with those saying Sgt. Peppers is better overall - has more songs that I'm really attached to - but my favorite song of either album might be God Only Knows

really love Lucy in the Sky though

Lol at Peppers having s chance. You aren't asking a bunch of normie fags, dude.

God only knows suck dick.

Well this is easy, Sgt. Pepper's of course, even Brian Wilson thought so.

You did not just fucking say that

>it's a pretty coherent work
Which part of disc 4 is coherent and connected?\

I feel like this is I Only Listed To Disc 1 of Smile Sessions The Post

>the best song ever sucks dick
might as well deleted this board then

>song doesn't have a key
>best song ever
It's like you don't actually play an instrument

>muh technique
>>>/ProgMetal/

>b-but meh feels
>>>/kpop/

>no song will ever articulate your life better than I Just Wasn't Made for These Time

>I was born in le wrong generation!! XD
Fuck off.

When b8ing. Atleast make sense.